Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hervey Bay here we come (maybe)

ASF Basic Full Member

Hervey Bay here we come (maybe)

Anyone keen for a ride? 21st and 22nd of August, from Everywhere to Hervey Bay. Drink, spew, sleep, then ride home the next day. That's the plan. Supercharger and I are booked into the Beach House Hotel, Scarness. I'm sure there is plenty of other accommodation in the area if that doesn't suit you. Staying in 4 star and above accomodation will be frowned upon unless you invite us all around to your place for drinks by the pool.

How much is the backpackrs? Mite be able to talk the wife into going.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

ASF Basic Full Member
    $60 for a double room

Blog Entries
    Yep, looks like I'm in mate. I'll tee up the boys this weekend.

Where's Rexie, he's after a ride.

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow it's off the ground mmmm should be good for this one .....well should be

Blog Entries
    Terry found a Pub in H/B facing the water with cheap rooms and a beer garden set aside for functions/clubs .
    Have already talked to them on a recon run earlier this year and they will also let us lock our bikes in the drive-thru for the night

Then there's a top brekky spot across the road on the beach ,good spot for a group pic

Blog Entries
    OK I've found my info...

It is The Beach House Hotel at Scarness, Harvey Bay

Here's a pic of the Pub. After driving down the whole esplanade, it looks to be the biggest night spot around IMO.

Rooms are on the right upstairs. The front room has a big verandah and sleeps a fair few people which is normally used for large groups to gather after the pub shuts. The beer garden is downstairs on the right and can be made private if wanted. The often cater for groups and are biker friendly. Have talked to the manager. Prices were cheap and once again can lock the bikes up out of site in the drive-thru after it shuts.

Here's a pic of the brekky spot which is right across the road from the hotel. Good food , have eaten there.

I will make some calls if anyone is interested and we will get a group booking / price together.

There is also several other options of accommodation with 100 metres of this hotel ranging from fair to optulant.

does "optulant" mean free hookers...?

ASF Basic Full Member
    Davo have you got that hairdryer going yet?

ASF Basic Full Member
    Well done Mono.Just rang the Beach House Hotel at Scarness. Cost is $30 to $40 per person. They have around nine rooms. I have changed my booking from the Backpackers to the Beach House Hotel, Scarness. I've booked a room . At the moment they have no other bookings so if we want to book the pub out now is the time to do it. PH 0741281233, 344 The Esplanade, Hervey Bay.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    come down to coffs you bastards I'll put u up 4 the night or whatever and put a BBQ/campoven on . keep us in mind after meeting u all I have no qualms puting u all up 4 a night and we have the nymboida loop dorrigo oxley to keep us entertained.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i will be there. i will book a room too.

ASF Basic Full Member
    boris. I'll be up for that, but, a couple of passes from the misses is hard to get in a short period of time without mental pain inflected.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Gee Boris, after such a beautifully worded invite how can we refuse. I'm thinking Oct/Nov so we can ride the hills without 5 layers of clothes on. Mark should be able to get another weekend pass by then. Are you coming to Hervey Bay?

Weekend Warrior
    Hey lads glad to hear you are coming to the bay, only problem is i'll have to ride south to gympie or ettamogah pub so i can get a chance to have a ride with you guys cos i live here! not a drama though, cos we normally do a sunnycoast run for a day ride anyhow.

Being a local i know that the Beach House has cheap accommodation, but as far as pubs go, it's not bad, but a little on the feral end of the scale. But there's an irish bar and another pub within walking distance of there anyhow.

Which way are you guys planning to come up? straight up the highway? or looking for some backroads?

ASF Basic Full Member
    Hi Drew,it definitly WON'T be the highway that's for sure. If you would like to meet us at Ettamogah that would be great. Give us a time and we'll see you there. As for the pub being a bit feral, sounds like fun.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah Terry, i've got a couple of local guys that will be keen as to meet at ettamogah and ride back with you guys. We can be down there pretty early if we have to, we can work in with whatever itinerary you guys come up with for when you're going to leave. to make it easy it'll be around 2.5 hours of riding plus stops if there's going to be any, to get to Hervey Bay from Ettamogah, no matter which way you go.

A good road we normally take from there to home would be- Landsborough-Maleny-Kenilworth-Gympie, then cross the highway at Gympie and onto Tin Can Bay road and head the coast road through the forestry to Maryborough then onto Hervey Bay. There's an awesome biker's cafe at kenilworth for a coffee stop (they're a bit slow on the food), and fuel stop at Gympie for the really thirsty bikes.

i did a map on Google, but can't post it, i can take a screen shot and try that.

Weekend Warrior
    This is the best i can do, hope there's enough detail, i left north of Maryborough off, cos there's not much between there and Hervey Bay. The A1 is the highway.
    ---

ASF Standard Full Member
    This all seems great to me if im off and the bike gets back in time im there, the old girl needs the cobwebs blown out anyway give my brother and i a boys night out
    without pain you dont know your alive

Blog Entries
    Hey Terry,

Nigel & myself will be coming along. I have just booked a room at the hotel for us.

Amber (they lady you spoke with when you booked) mentioned that if we speak with Tim, the hotel manager, and if we have enough numbers for the night, we can book the beer garden as a function room if we want.

I told her that there should be other ASF members ringing to make bookings so guys mention ASF when you book and Amber will look after you.

There are three different room configurations

Double Bed only - $70.00
    Double Bed + Single Bed - $80.00
    Apartment - 2 Double Beds + 2 Single Beds - $120.00
    Phone 07 4128 1233

Cheers
    Caryn
    Mrs Mono

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast