Thread: options! maybe?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

options! maybe?

so, you guys have great roads.. but, i need a better excuse.

Weighing up a few options at the moment, one of which is moving to Adelaide or the hills.
    So, i have a few things to ask.
    First and foremost will need some work i guess- i think i might have a thing down the track a bit, but do any of you lads have contacts/info on something to get me a start.
    I gather living expenses arent too bad, but would rent rather than buy for a while.
    Whats the racing scene like? I think i'll still come back to do vic title races, but whats the local scene like? Is Mallala the only track over there?
    Anything else i need to consider?
    Cheers.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia.
    Renting in the hills is expensive. Expect to pay around $300p/w.
    The suburbs immediately surrounding Adelaide can be just as much if not more. My mate is renting a nothing special house in Klemzig for $300 a week and Klemzig isn't a posh suburb.
    Though units/apartments/flats can be had a lot cheaper in most areas..

Not sure on racing as I've never been.

And if the roads aren't reason enough...our girls are cute & easy and there's no yearly vehicle inspections

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
    Mallala is the only track operating near Adelaide. mac park at Mount Gambier has a race or two I think. What do you do for a job? I think you said when you were over, but I forgot . . . . .

Mac park is good, been doing a few races there.

At the moment managing a farm Ken, have also done sales/office type stuff, but pretty open to ideas.

I partly work in an Anglicare institution, and we get regular bulletins about jobs so will keep an eye out. alternatively you can register at www.anglicare-sa.org.au for job alerts to be sent to you via email. they have admin type jobs occaisionally.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    How come you moving to Adelaide Jon?

Something different Jules, was thinking Melbourne or Geelong but Adelaide is a bit quieter and warmer.
    Have a few options to think about, so its not a done deal yet tho.

Cheers ken, also thinking about something in the line of counselling, was going to start a course here, but might hold off for a little while now.

Social work is also something you could work in.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi Yoda
    I teach a Psychotherapy course at UniSA, if you have an undergraduate degree you could probably get into the Grad Dip in Mental Health
    Offered through UniSA - if you want to start a Counselling course this would be ideal

AndrewG

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    If u come to Melbourne. I have a spare room for you mate at the end of the month. Plenty of space in the shed to build shit. Welding machine, 8 ft long steel workbench with bench grinder and a new 12ton pipe bender

Geez Wacky, got me thinking about taking it up LOL. Andrew, what are the details of the course, sounds like something that would be a natural progression for me.

Weekend Warrior
    Come to Adelaide mate we are all sick here and need some help