Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zx12r swing arm, extension?

Pizza delivery boy/girl

zx12r swing arm, extension?

is there anyone in perth able to do/supply an extended swingarm, i know its as easy to just buy the bolt ons, but they look.... out of place, not real keen on sending my/spare swing arm to muzzys and back, only to get lost or damaged, any ideas, (im a boiler maker, but dont wanna be welding in that high stress area, hahah)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey Arron, why dont you buy a second hand swingarm and have a go yourself mate..thats how most of us can build stuff is have a realy good look /measure/think and have a go if your a boily you should piss it in.just imagine how satisfied you will feel..and if you fuck it up..you still have your original arm ..good luck..if you need a s/hand arm just ring me at work.il make sure you get looked after..morry 93533772

This mob sell GSXR,Busa and R1 swingarm extentions,they look ok,and they are fairly cheap at $369.
    You could ask to see if they can supply one for one for your ZX12?
    Give it a try,see if you like the ride,they're fairly adjustable,from 2in to 8in,and i guess you can get a feel for how long you'd like to go,and figure out your dimensions for the one you build yourself,then just offload them to someone else.

ttp://bikegearwarehouse6-px.rtrk.com.au/Motorcycle_Parts_And_Accessories/Roaring-Toyz-Swingarm-Extensions

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    just scrubbing in the new SHINKO APEX, Shane from BIKERS CORNER here in northam requsted that i test shinko's 'higher milage tyre' looks the goods, far better feel than the wornout dunlop sportmax, actually wants to tip in now, ill post what sort of milage i get out of it, tho with my straight line antics, will be toast in no time hehe

might come look at this tyre gonna need some for the viffer soon and i was set on pilot powers but that tyre looked good in the message

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    anytime bro go for a squirt on it if ya like, fresh rubber and oil, loves the 299 cutout now hehe

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hey Morry,
    gave ya work a ring today about the swing arm, very helpfull people, got it sorted, pick it up next time im out that way, prety keen on having ago myself now, cheers for input, id still be scratching my head,

Good Lad,sorry i wasn't there ive been in queensland seeing my dad he's not doing so well.make sure you deal with paul and mention that your one of our streetfighter lads.see ya good luck with the arm mods.im sure you will do a top job..make sure to get photos and post them up as that is the heart and soul of this site..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thats no good about ya old boy! ive also been in contact with EXBEN to supply the extensions, he might endup doing the whole job, welding ect, we shall see, had hyo over tonight having a squiz at the rear shinko hoop, i still cant convince him to take it for a ride, almost double his 'cc must be intimidating,

ASF Premium Full Member
    quote:thats no good about ya old boy! ive also been in contact with EXBEN to supply the extensions, he might endup doing the whole job, welding ect, we shall see, had hyo over tonight having a squiz at the rear shinko hoop, i still cant convince him to take it for a ride, almost double his 'cc must be intimidating,
    Pooftah Scotty Come on take it for a spin and give it some shit!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Boys you've seen scotty ride.im dreading him getting more horsepower,he's hard enough to catch now

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    aint that the truth!!

quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

quote:thats no good about ya old boy! ive also been in contact with EXBEN to supply the extensions, he might endup doing the whole job, welding ect, we shall see, had hyo over tonight having a squiz at the rear shinko hoop, i still cant convince him to take it for a ride, almost double his 'cc must be intimidating,
    Pooftah Scotty Come on take it for a spin and give it some shit!

fellas im scared if i do ill want more cc's , i dont think i need to do that just yet

/\/\/\/\ 1000th post time to celebrate , wheres the rum

ASF Premium Full Member
    I reckon the VFR has plenty enough stick!

I was impressed when I rode the VFR800 and the exhaust note AAAHHHHH made it all so much better.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    scotty ur a mad dog! viffer is gonna chop it up!!

who tunes/plays with nitrous kits in W.A? tax time is here and im very intrigued after reading about project nitrous BUELL in RAPID,

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    k&n filters and PCIII USB fitted, downloaded the map for full akro exhaust and filters, flat spot seems to be gone!!! still worth getting it looked at on a dyno?

seem to go any better ???

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    it hasnt gotten any worse haha, i dunno hey, kinda maybe? i know its ment to make it run perfect and all that, but i wasnt like wow that was money well spent, its cool to play with on the computer and its got lots of prrreeeetttyyyy lights to look at, if ya give it a blip neutral its very responsive, but yeh, i think also, that servo thats playing up it an issue, pipe was little sooty befor i fitted pc, so yeh, fingers crossed its a weak battery, mack1 and shane recon it would be, on trickle charge now, trying ever so hard not to plaster the bike with K&N and PC stickers hahah.

hey Arron,sooty pipe is typical zx12r with a pipe they run as fat as fuck.did you zero the tps it makes a difference.check your softwareit should have a tutorial..have fun mate..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast