Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Top" Road Safety Copper Kills a Biker.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I have a mate from here who was driving home 1 night pissed with another mate and hit a power pole and killed our mate and is now nearly halfway through a 7 year sentence for vehicular manslaughter but another mate of my wifes family was crossing the road 1 night in sydney and a taxi driver tried to beat an orange light while Tim was crossing the road and hit and killed him and even though he sped up to beat the light he was let off from manslaughter.I know these are 2 different cases but every case is different from another I believe the taxi driver is still driving taxi's so what's the difference between him and a cop? A cop should be treated harsher for doing something any of us could of done, fuck me they are only human too (although yes some lean towards not being human) I have a lot of cop mates as I'm sure a lot of us do and I'd hate to see 1 of them treated harsher than me just to make an example of them

ASF Basic Full Member
    quote:Originally posted by sharky

It'd be like saying all ranga's are hot
    True true, not all of them are babe

And not all men are arseholes [:I]

Nobody is perfect.
    But there is a lot of hate in this thread towards the police force, and im offended at some of it.
    Entitled to your opinions you are, so am i.

I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

[quote]Originally posted by Jup

All of this is clearly off topic.

We get it, you hate cops.

Good, learn to distrust them

How does this detract from the fact that this PERSON is traumatised by the ACCIDENT that he ADMITS to being at fault in?

How about the victims and their families? They might be a bit further traumatised to see this guy get let off lightly? How about how they feel seeing their lives ripped apart and watching this fiasco of "justice" ?

That he REMAINED at the scene to help where he could instead of fleeing?

As a copper and the one who caused the accident he had no option to stay the scene, thats a professional job and he was on duty.

He didn't put his lights on after the fact and then try to charge the survivor for obstructing police (heard that's been done before)

That fictional scenario does`nt justify the situation.

This PERSON still has his career in the balance. I know you're screaming for his job, he might well give it up, or he might well have it taken from him yet.

He should show the surviving victim and the families of both victims respect by quitting instead of doing more emotional harm by trying to hang on to his highly paid "road safety advisor" job.The resulting loss of income for those familes will financially cripple them for the rest of their lives. He makes no losses while the families are destroyed ? How do you think that is right?

If you want to rage against the appropriate target, try the law makers who have ruled that murdering someone with your car (even by accident) deserves only a fine/suspension.

Its only because he is a copper that he got let off that lightly.

This PERSON (copper or not) should have been jailed for vehicular manslaughter, as all people should be regardless of their profession.

Agreed. But he will not because of the self-protectionist group he works for. We do`nt have vehicular manslaghter do you ?

Name ONE profession where you couldn't cite many examples of fraudulent/dishonest behaviour!

The cops are supposed to be the LAW ! ffs. As they are bent and corrupt what chance have you or I or our children ?

You hate cops, we get it, but it's clouding your judgement.

You have to have been through some major crap several times in life and fought your way out the other side to appreciate the situation. You have to have worn the T-shirt out a few times first before you learn the true value and meaning of professionalism, truth, honesty and justice. I took on a few lawyers at senior partner level and beat them after my smash because if I had`nt they would have destroyed me totally, but hey....they never met a REAL professional till they met me [^]

I hope no one here has to go through the experience of a very bad road smash, because the lessons you have to learn are extremely harsh "if" you survive intact.
    When it comes to the bill, they are not your friends when it comes to one of theirs.

No worries
    Its interesting to see the different perspectives, thank you for sharing

Weekend Warrior
    whats wrong with pikeys???

FUCK HIM !!! you do the crime
    you do the time
    no mater who the fuck you are

This is a very sad situation for everyone involved. My heart felt sympathies go out to the family of the killed man and the injured biker as well. I do also feel sorry for the copper, yes, he will have to live with the fact that his own stupidity killed someone. If it was me in the coppers shoes I think I would have resigned from my position to try and preserve some of my own sanity if nothing else. I don't believe that the punishment fit the crime either. To have not seen one bike is bad enough, but to have missed two means he pretty much turned infront of a car as far as number headlights go.
    My real issue with this whole thing is the newspapers bias in their reporting of the accident, To make no mention of the injured rider let alone actually give a report of his/her injuries (they didn't even mention if it was a male or female rider), did the riders know each other? Will someone have to live their life having seen there best mate killed and feel guilty because it wasn't them? The paper/journalist obviously wrote the artical siding with the anguish of the copper.
    I personally have had dealings with the plod from both sides of the fence, I have dealt with some truely human coppers and some amazingly arrogant, egotisical self important fucktards. Unfortunitly the fucktards out numbered the humans about 5-1.
    It does seem to me that alot of the police force tend to see themselves as above reproach from the rest of society. Hands up everyone that has seen cop cars parked illegally (I have witnessed them parking in a motorcycle only zone to j-walk across the road to sit in Hudsons coffee shop for nearly an hour, lucky all our coffes were safe), cruising down the tram tracks instead of in a lane, hitting the lights and sirens to go through a red light then turning them off after they have crossed the interection. These people are supposed to be pillars of society, setting the example of how to behave, they wonder why the public don't respect them. Maybe they need to look a little harder at the picture they are painting every day.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    [quote]Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Why should a copper with 22 years of unblemished service be treated differently than any member of the public that does the same thing to motorcyclists every other day?
    [and congratulations to cruise for yet another successful pot stirring/quote]

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by ALBI

FUCK HIM !!! you do the crime
    you do the time
    no mater who the fuck you are
    The accidental cause of death from a split second lapse of concentration is hardly in a crime catagory at all I think.. Like I said before whether your crucifying him because of his job or not this could happen to anyone of us at any time in our lives.. If you were the one who caused the death of someone from a lapse of concentration, I for one would not want you to go to jail Albi.. like CC said we need to get a look at the whole picture..

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy
    The accidental cause of death from a split second lapse of concentration is hardly in a crime catagory at all I think
    Fair... to a point. What will it take for people to realise that a motor vehicle is a deadly weapon. We all become complacent as we drive more. Remember how careful you were where you were on your learners, then all of a sudden we can text/shave/talk on the phone/put on make-up/read a paper while driving. We are our own worst ememy when it comes to laziness regarding responsibilty with something that can kill. Should our own actions go unpunished?

Blog Entries
    Also the whole "Hate cops" thing is very personal to each individual I think.. I've been pulled over 3 times in 8 years of riding, 2 random breathe tests and once for not indicating at intersection in front of a cop, at which point he was nice and said try and remember to use your blinker mate, I've had modifications done warranting defects and never had an issue, Had homo LED lights on my bike whilst in motion and pulled up next to a cop who rolled window down and said, "Mate switch em off".. I've been laying on the ground in and out of consciousness waiting for a chopper to pick me up after my own stupid crash at over 160kmhs, Country Cop gets down on ground with me and says "pretty sure you were speeding mate but i'm sure you've had enough trouble for the day" .. never had an issue.. they seem to do their job where I'm from and are pretty nice to boot. I'm not saying there all good, but they ain't all bad..

Back in the UK I had a mate go to jail for speeding (168 in a 70), 3 AM deserted motorway, never hurt a soul, nor was he close to doing so. The judge said he was a danger to society and if he could have done he would have sent him down for longer than the 3 months he did get.
    Same thing happens here, people go to jail for speeding, one of the lads from the unit next door to me has just got 3 months for hooning (doing burnouts on an industrial estate at night), and had his car confiscated.
    Copper kills someone, seriously injures another, no problem, carry on, as you where, nothing to see here.
    Makes me sick.

I think the key words there Gitzy are "Country cop".

quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

This is a very sad situation for everyone involved. My heart felt sympathies go out to the family of the killed man and the injured biker as well. I do also feel sorry for the copper, yes, he will have to live with the fact that his own stupidity killed someone. If it was me in the coppers shoes I think I would have resigned from my position to try and preserve some of my own sanity if nothing else. I don't believe that the punishment fit the crime either. To have not seen one bike is bad enough, but to have missed two means he pretty much turned infront of a car as far as number headlights go.
    My real issue with this whole thing is the newspapers bias in their reporting of the accident, To make no mention of the injured rider let alone actually give a report of his/her injuries (they didn't even mention if it was a male or female rider), did the riders know each other? Will someone have to live their life having seen there best mate killed and feel guilty because it wasn't them? The paper/journalist obviously wrote the artical siding with the anguish of the copper.
    I personally have had dealings with the plod from both sides of the fence, I have dealt with some truely human coppers and some amazingly arrogant, egotisical self important fucktards. Unfortunitly the fucktards out numbered the humans about 5-1.
    It does seem to me that alot of the police force tend to see themselves as above reproach from the rest of society. Hands up everyone that has seen cop cars parked illegally (I have witnessed them parking in a motorcycle only zone to j-walk across the road to sit in Hudsons coffee shop for nearly an hour, lucky all our coffes were safe), cruising down the tram tracks instead of in a lane, hitting the lights and sirens to go through a red light then turning them off after they have crossed the interection. These people are supposed to be pillars of society, setting the example of how to behave, they wonder why the public don't respect them. Maybe they need to look a little harder at the picture they are painting every day.
    You have said everything that I was trying to say with my crap word skills. Sums my feelings up almost exactly, thank you.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    I've been involved with coppers from both sides of the coin on the road, other matters court etc - both sides again and have Been "interviewed" by 6 large coppers in a small room for 4 hours without a break drink toilet stop or a breef, Later someone broke one of the coppers nose for being a rude fuck but I know very little about that lol .

I have seen local coppers do thinks that would have them jailed for some time if caught, there are very very bent cops about but those same bent cops protect you to some extent when you sleep! There is no easy answer to it all, there will always be a bent element in the force. On the whole they like everyone are just trying to do a job (but a job most people resent and wouldnt do themselves) make a crust and live life.

I find in general if your looking like someone who will do ok by everyone else they generally are helpful, I got off a 120 kph speeding fine with a broken speedo on the way back from AFR10 and had a chat with a ok copper that see's alot of splattered riders up in those hills. On occasion I have met a nasty one that is out to push his power because his dick is small or something , you'd be supprized how often they end up regretting it though.

Hos I have a very direct experiance simmilar to your story but it was my girlfriend in a car and she was hit by the copper in a 4wd it took 8 years to get it all sorted though court (he was off duty pissed run a red light and speeding 90 in a 60 zone) but got a slap on the wrist for it as he turned his lights when he was 10 m from the trafic lights! My partner at the time was killed and revived on site pevis shattered 19 pieces two broken legs broken arm lower jaw severed from her head and a permant brain injury. He got a $300 fine 6 months paid leave and a new job in another town! Wasnt his copper mate that helped him out, it was the fact he had good legal advice that night as to what to say, do, to minimise the damage to him.

She finnaly got $300,000 but 8 years later and she will be lucky if she can ever hold a job.

My best mate for 15 years became a copper and driffed away to be with other coppers as he belived we normal people didnt like him anymore and alienated himself in a few weeks. Do I hate coppers ? No not at all . Do i trust them anymore than a bum on the street ? Not at all lol. Do I call the cops when I hear a bump in the night to save me ? Only after the intruder is very very Sorry lol

quote:What will it take for people to realise that a motor vehicle is a deadly weapon
    When the penalty for misusing that weapon fits the offense.

HOS: Thanks for clearing that up too mate. You and 80's freak are right about the biased reporting, but papers only want to sell sensationalism and the cops plight is more sensational than just another family enduring tragedy.

We have all become so jaded[V]

RevHead
    not really as stated everyones encounters are different from speeding to murder so no crime is the same,but ,jup wot makes us dislike cops is how weve been treated by them over the years ,also were i live we get new cops every 3yr in that time some are heros and others are really nice people'hey my uncle ran the AFP in the act for 6yrs,and you know he wasnt aloud to talk to me because i,d been in the shit when i was young,i suppose hate is a very harsh word,i,ll call it dislike,because i know they ,cops,put up with a lot of dickshead beside me ,and i understand like many others there only doing there jobs ,BUT as stated,some take it a little to far/talking on mobiles while driving,parking illegal,speeding to catch a driver,illegal overtaking,2 yrs ago up here a officer hit an ederly couple in a car, he killed the male driver,and his poor wife died in hospital 8 weeks later,now this guy actually quit his job and had a mental break down ,nothing id wish on anyone,but he was doing 100k in a 50 zone ,and he was heading to a JOB,i suppose accidents ARE only that,plus cops are human as well

quote:Originally posted by Jup

quote:What will it take for people to realise that a motor vehicle is a deadly weapon
    When the penalty for misusing that weapon fits the offense.

HOS: Thanks for clearing that up too mate. You and 80's freak are right about the biased reporting, but papers only want to sell sensationalism and the cops plight is more sensational than just another family enduring tragedy.

We have all become so jaded[V]

Yep the way it was reported was dire, whereby the bikers got very few words and their was a huge outpouring of grief for the guy who caused it.

We get pissed off that we don`t matter in RTAs because we are bikers.

After my smash they put a tiny few words asking for witnesses on page 32 of the local news rag. The following week an 80 year old woman got knocked off her bicycle and scuffed her shins in town by a hit and run car driver and it was all over the front page. Much wailing and wringing of hands.

But as a biker I didnt matter a toss.

Being a biker negates you being a sentient person, a father, a highly skilled worker etc, when it comes to cops and the media.

If it was a relative of mine, killed by someones negligence on the road I would ask why they only did their breif for 12 months?
    If i knew it was a cop i wouldnt bother asking.

We are all equal in the eyes of the law, just some are more equal than others.

Ignorance is strength...

It's the system that's letting us down.
    Take that ex top cop Christine Nixon as an example. Hard working, clearly underpaid, driven to the point of loosing all focus, almost starving. Grasping any opportunity to eat, oblivious to the dying hordes as she struggled for her own survival.

It,s not her fault. The system let her down.

PROOF of her desperate plight was her failing memory in a later inquiry.

Poor poor poor cops, I wish there was a fund I could donate to, just to help them.

Makes you wonder how long joe public would have got in the bighouse for this little stunt?
    Wonder if anyone was shot with em?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...r/10581584.stm

RevHead
    fuckn wankers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast