Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 run to 1770?

Weekend Warrior

2010 run to 1770?

Hey Guys, just wondering if the run to 1770 is going to happen again this year? I know it's early but i missed last years because of commitments, and have a few local blokes here keen as for the run. Especially since we also missed the AFR this year. No rush, just wanted plenty of notice so we can organise ourselves, cos going by the threads on the last few years, it looks like an awesome run.

cheers
    Andrew

Blog Entries
    We were talking about this over the weekend and Terry (Mr.Hyosung) may have a new idea which gives both parties a decent ride instead of a one sided event. I'll see if I can't get him to remind us what he said....

Im keen depending whenb it is.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    bring it on si

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    What about Hervey Bay???
    It would be about 1/2 way from both spots then???

I'll be up for Harvey Bay.Thats like a 3.5 hour ride from Brizzy.

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did a re-con run up there earlier this year for this plenty of places to stay

ASF Basic Full Member
    Funny thing you starting this thread drewboy because there was talk of going to Hervey Bay for a ride because 1770 is too far for an overnighter for the southern boys and too close for the Gladstone boys. The last time I talked to Tony Nitrous he was still keen for a 1770 run so it may be still on but I don't known when, last year was November I think. If we do go to Hervey Bay would you local blokes be interested in meeting us a couple of hundred k's from there and leading us in on some choice back roads? As for setting a date I'm keen for a mid August or mid September ride so it isn't too close to the 1770 run, Aug21,22 being my choice. Queensland school hols start 17 Sept which will make accomm dearer. If anyone has any ideas don't be shy.

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Terry I've got some prices and photos, options, etc somewhere and even the best place to have brekky on the beach I'll go looking for them if anyone's interested ?

Weekend Warrior
    Ha Ha! Funny that i asked about the run alright, we live in Hervey Bay!!

But that's not a problem for us, cos there's heaps of nice places to stay here! Plus, cos we won't get much of a ride cos we live here, we could meet all the southern guys at the Ettamogah Pub, and ride north through the sunny coast hinterland, and out through Kenilworth, and carve up some of the roads we like to ride. Then on the next day we can do a short ride north to Childers where our favorite run is out to Paradise Dam and back to Childers. Sounds like a plan!!

Weekend Warrior
    But even if we still end up going to 1770, we'll be just as keen! plus we can still do Paradise Dam on the way to 1770, cos it's not too far out of the way.

Weekend Warrior
    We'd be keen again. I can probably only do mid Sep and from mid Nov on to fit in with work and study commitments so if it ends up being around then count us in!

Was thinking about heading Hervey Bay way with the mrs sometime in the next couple of weeks on our bikes actually.

Yeah, Hervey Bay sounds good. I might be able to rangle in v8er and one of the other toowoomba boys to come along.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I'm in assuming the time and money karma is right.

ASF Basic Full Member
    drewboy could you suggest somewhere for us to stay? Nigel if you have done some reserch already post it up and we'll have a look

Weekend Warrior
    There's heaps of places here to stay, i'm happy to help but it depends on how much people want to spend. there's Motor Inn's, Resorts, caravan park cabins, so it depends on what everyone wants.

cheers

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    So long as it has a bed and shower and close (stumbling distance) to pub.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    November.

Weekend Warrior
    I was wondering when Tony was going to post on this thread! And he has spoken, 1770 it is! I'm there.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by mitch500

Yeah, Hervey Bay sounds good. I might be able to rangle in v8er and one of the other toowoomba boys to come along.
    Might be able to organise a Toowoomba group ride then. See what we can organise closer to the date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast