Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making a crystal effect solution.

Weekend Warrior
    hi, I'm sure the ammonium nitrate will work it just seems to have a lesser amount of nitrogen, just as long as it has no other ingredients and kind of looks like small clearish white granules. I tried a few things before i could get the urea but nothing worked well if at all.
    As for paint i use standard solvent based auto paint, mixed and sprayed through a gun and spray [rattle] cans of celly or acrylic. It will take a lot of spray can clear in many coats to build enough to cover the tactlie finish of the crystal efect.
    I wouldn't use water based paints for the contrast coat [usually the black coat] as it will most likely wash off with the crystal stuff.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Mate you are the SHIT ...Top work mate Top work AAA+++
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
    does this stuff need to be done with 2pack or will acrylics work ok? Ive never used 2pack before

Weekend Warrior
    The solution is just a "mask". It doesn't usually react with anything (as long as it's not a water based paint). The thicker your top "contrast coat" is, the harder you need to work to get it off. I've used acrylic with no problems (inc. rattle cans).

Good Luck 8^).

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
    excellent, I like the sound of that. thanks

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    was going to ask if rattle cans would work, no spray gear, but barkin has just snswered that one. going to try it on the new build. looks shit hot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123