Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Deano's GSXR turbo with f/inj update 20/10/11

Bloke with a smaller stick
    quote:Originally posted by RUSS M8

quote:Originally posted by Deano

The 750 motor will be replaced with a 2005 bandit 1200 that has 4000km on the clock.
    quick question if you don't mind, what sort of coin for a Bandit engine like that, and where did you get it? Are there many around?
    Thanks
    vic wreckers mate.

paid to much. but i no i'm not gunna have any issues with it as it is brand new.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Her ya Deano here is an RR I race against I reckon the colour scheme looks really good.
    Maybe I should hit up Kamakazi for a spray job / sponsorship deal what do ya wreckon Kama.

looks pretty trick mate,

how come you cant have usd forks but he can?

His bike is NE2 and so is my new 1100 upside down forks also.
    Actually the RR belongs to the same bloke I got the 1100 off.

he dosn't have a tank that he wants to get rid of by any chance?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    very cool bike. hey devo on that rr race bike. whats going on with the carbs there. also is that swingarm steel??? looks a bit odd, maybe its just annodized funny.

deano. love the project. What do you put on the orig fairings before you take a mold? I havent had to worry about ruining anything ive mnolded yet but id like to know if you use a certain mold release that protects the part, or if you just wax the crap out of it.

at this stage i will be using a couple of coats of PVA as the finish on the farings is only been acheived by 180g sandpaper. i was told that the wax dosn't work aswell when the surface is a little rought and the shape is rather complex.

will be doing the moulds in the next couple of weeks so i will post the process if you want.

Shift it's a pressurised airbox Mate and the swing is alloy they basically took the 88/89 swimg arm and braced it up.

Deano, ive had good luck with wax on complex surfaces but yeah if they are rough its hard to get coverage. especially if you use body filler without sealer. i tried to use that with just a few coats of paint then wax with very poor results. id like to see your progress definately!!

devo, where is the airbox being pressurized from? it looked like there was a place for tubing but no tubing running to the front face of the fairing. The only time ive seen fully enclosed carbs was on turbo applications so i though it was odd. I had an 89 rear arm it just didnt look like that, probably cause it was all scratched up

The tubes aren't on it in this pic not quite all back together for this photo

okay well that would make more sense then

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by devo

His bike is NE2 and so is my new 1100 upside down forks also.
    Actually the RR belongs to the same bloke I got the 1100 off.
    devo on that pic of the gsxr1100 num69 race bike i notice that it has bandit disc's on the front.can you give me the dimensions of the spacers used between the caliper and forkleg ? thanks

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by Deano

quote:Originally posted by Vcook

mmmm, dry clutch.
    not standard tho.
    are you sure? I was always under the impression the RR's came with a dry clutch, no?

The early version of the GSXR750 1987 LTD Edition had the dry clutch but the RR of 1989 did not, and also there seems to be a of guys talking about the 1989 RR coming out with USD forks the RR never
    did come out with these they were conventional forks with shit hot internals.
    USD forks were aftermarket thoughts so they could still race and handle much the same as the later bikes of that time.

after not getting enough intrest in the bike to sell i will be continuing on with the build

have a couple of new additions to the project.

got a t25 garrett turbo of ebay for this build. even though it is a small turbo is should still give me 200hp with great throttle response.

and to make the tuning process a lot easier i will run with these K1/K2 gsxr1000 throttle bodies.

they are a pain in the arse to fit to the bandit motor but i am hoping it will be a matter of fitting them and letting the laptop do the rest

the original plan was to run early w/cooled guages that i had laying around. I have tried to fit these and they just werent going to work they were just to big for the smaller RR screen and were going to be a huge pain in the arse.

so when stocky was offloading some k1/k2 guages then my problems were solved. I had to buy a loom to get the connectors for the throttle bodies so that will mean getting the guages up and running sholdn't be to hard.

Looks like she'll be a beast when ya finished! Can't wait to see more piccies!

Deano, looks to be an interesting project, what size injectors are in those TB's?

not sure mate, they are the standard injectors for gsxr1000. is there a way of finding out without firing them up and measuring the fuel that comes out?

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast