Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GermanStyle Tail Unit- take 2

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar

i have the protapers ready to go, its just going to be quicker to use the clip-ons for the moment (im not a huge fan, more of a dirtbiker really [^])

good news is that rupes put me onto a blue-slip guy in sydney who should pass her, unlike the ignorant boneheads in newy....
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    good stuff and good news
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

did a bit of hacking today (weapon of choice, dremel with little buzzsaw attachment )

so thats got it up to the tank, now all i gotta do is drop it down a bit
    almost there
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

or maybe not... the lower edge looks pretty good there
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    Fimp thats looking realy good, keep up the good work,and keep the pics coming.
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

my arms are itchy

your all over this topic 03gix
    i here i was thinking i was just talking to meself
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    that lower edge where the seat goes follows from the frame pretty well .... lookin good

with ya supertrapps are they gonna sit under the bike or are ya gonna try and bring them up at the same angle as the back of the tail piece ..... that'll give it something to tie into as you don't have any other angle on the bike that come close to that unit .... but then again, as I said before it's a sorta anti establishment style..

thats a GREAT idea stev0!!!!

i had wanted the trapps to point up, like that green thing in streetfighters a few months back
    might have to mod the ends of the yoshi headersa to do it but SHITYEAH!!!

group hug?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

bring on the lesbians for a big bonnet lickin session

Weekend Warrior
    the trick to any sort of custom work is to get it to flow...

if ya can't get a good flow then create one ..... ya do that by running a few things on the same lines so ya create a seperate flow line ... then you can have a couple of different lines on the bike but sorta works together...

I've tried ta get this thru to the Harley crowd for years ... your eyes should just flow from the front to the back and continue ... if something jumps out at you it's because it's wrong or doesn't flow .... the whole package should fit together such that nothing stands out by itself...

unfotunately you've picked a doozy of a design and "normal" flow lines don't work per se.....

So lookin at it the only thing I can see that will tie it in is to bring ya mullfers up at the same angle as the back and/or a heavy stripe if ya fit a fairing lower ... another thing that may help in the overall picture is to have the headlight cowl at the same angle as the tail peice... this ties the back into the front...
    Although I'm not sure what ya had in mind for a headlight unit

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looks like you've got it all ASSED UP Fimp......HA HA HA HA
    Tip of the day: For fiberglass itch Have a [u]hot</u> shower(better than cold) & scrub with lots of SOLVO.

Weekend Warrior
    just had a look at the pics again..... the last one follows the line off the bottom of the tank to the seat part of the tail piece .... good..

Did you make the tail piece yourself???? and can you make a mini fairing/headlight cowl of a similar design .. ie: the two pronged effect .... 'cos if you make a headlight cowl of the same design and have it at the same angle it will look fucken shit hot and finish it off ..... you'll may need two headlights to follow that theme thru too or a single one that's sort of angular will work too
    that with the supertrapps at the same angle will make it look "right"

it's these little things that make the difference between a fucken great lookin custom bike and something that looks like it's been thrown together from the specials bin at the wreckers....

If ya hadda taken some desgin classes instead of MA201 it woulda made it easier

That tail units a 'Destroyer' unit from a German compnay. There's a corresponding belly pan for it, but the headlight unit is a Gothic Head type thing (Check out Angry Guys site). There's also a front mudguard which looks like two Scythe blades.

yeah its from Gemo in germany, bought through angry cos germans dont know about credit cards yet [:P]

definitely rule out the idea of the strip on the lower fairing, cos thats all the fairings she is getting!!

im not a big fan of the other destroyer items, they seem a bit much
    i want a bike, not a DEMON
    maybe the belly pan, but im not forking out for it just yet

headlight wise there are still a few options there too
    either the busa light, the modified R1 pocket bike one (which is a bit more angular) or perhaps these raptor lights if i can make them look decent

but there wont me much of a front cowl to speak of, just the light at this stage

i actually took an industrial design course one semester to learn how to vacuum form and stuff
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by chalk10

That tail units a 'Destroyer' unit from a German compnay. There's a corresponding belly pan for it, but the headlight unit is a Gothic Head type thing (Check out Angry Guys site). There's also a front mudguard which looks like two Scythe blades.

Ahhhh .. I see.... the belly pan may help tie it in but probably not 'cos that would maybe only give the theme without the lines...

or as far as the headlight thing goes if ya can't do it yaself Exben may be able to..

That's only my way of doin things tho ..... other people will probably have differing views .. but ya asked for opinions [8D]

yeah, actually i have been trying to find somewhere to buy a little projector beam from
    you know stev0, the size of the one on the left of the cyclops?

Rev the fucker!!!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Yeah I got them Fimp, Lens & globe (downlight) no housing $40 incl postage.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Any tips or opinions on this piece of tail guys?I like the way it still looks GSXR but I want to keep some sort of pillion seat as the boy would be heartbroken if he couldn't come for a ride.
    Exben...any help with its viability and manufacture?
    The subframe has not been changed (photoshop wise!) only the tail pieces trimmed down.Cheers.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Shit!!! Sorry,forgot to shrink it down a bit&gt;

Blog Entries
    You've been doing some serious photoshop work there mate. It looks like you have a glass fairing on the front now. Nice.Where's the pillion seat in this mock up Tone?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast