PDA

View Full Version : Ray at Suziparts, Use this mans services

fimpBIKES
13-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Had the pleasure of dealing with Ray at Suziparts over the last week
www.suziparts.com.au

he is VERY helpful, and refreshing to talk to
especially after dealing with some dickheads at the local motoshops over the phone

one took the details (model nnumber, year)
went out and looked in some book for ten minutes while i was on hold
then came back and said "why not take the clutch cable off the bike, bring it in and we will order it up"
no thanks dipshit, not how it should work

then the next shop took the bikes details, went off and looked in a catalogue while i was on hold for 15 minutes
then came back and asked me what type of handlebars i had on my 81 katana because there where two clutch cables to choose from. i told him he was obviously looking at the wrong model in his catalogue and told him not to bother

sent ray a message on his website asking for a katana clutch cable and left side cover
he sent back a price, i called him with the visa details
three days later i have the parts in my hand

thanks ray, thank fuck someone still knows what a katana is! :D

<s>Wayne Gardner</s>fimpBIKES APPROVED

ps- mods, not sure if this is in the correct section. feel free to move it to where as many people as possible will see it
pps- link fixed, i was on autopilot...

Hillsy
13-04-2010, 02:16 PM
He might know his Suzukis but he don't know much about websites - that link is a dud.

Gix11
13-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Maybe because Fimp typed it wrong? Should it be the same as his business name?: http://www.suziparts.com.au/

JackTar
13-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Fimp I moved this because the section you posted it in is for forum supporters (advertisers)

18-04-2010, 12:42 AM
First bought parts from him in the 80s. Knew his shit then and good to hear that he's still human.

Zooks
19-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I've heard mixed stories about him. I know dozens of guys in the VJMC that have dealt with him.

He has a 'checkered' reputation, depending on who you talk to.

bluemk1
20-04-2010, 01:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Zooks

I've heard mixed stories about him. I know dozens of guys in the VJMC that have dealt with him.

He has a 'checkered' reputation, depending on who you talk to.

i think you will find the longer someone has been around the more likely someone somewhere down the line will have something less favourable to say.
though im yet to hear anything bad about ben and pete at extreme :D

holyman_999
20-04-2010, 01:30 PM
quote:i think you will find the longer someone has been around the more likely someone somewhere down the line will have something less favourable to say.
though im yet to hear anything bad about ben and pete at extreme :D

I think ben and pete are cunts, coz they make such mega cool fuckin stuff that I can't afford and that makes me contemplate selling one of my kids on ebay, or cashing in that second kidney that I don't really need anyway...........

How's that?[:o)][:0]

boris
20-04-2010, 03:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by holyman_999
and that makes me contemplate selling one of my kids on ebay, or cashing in that second kidney that I don't really need anyway...........

WHAT THE FUCK? can we do that? either 1 of them 2 I'll be happy the kidney thing should save me a shitload in grog as well not having to drink so much:)

RUSS M8
20-04-2010, 06:50 PM
+1 for Ray's service, got heaps of GT250 parts (1972-1978 models) from him. Always helpful on the phone, and replies to emails promptly too :)

Zooks
21-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Suzuki Australia still has a lot of this stuff sitting on their shelves. When you ring Suziparts I suspect (for very good reasons) he rings Suzuki, buys it from them and then on-sells it. Any workshop can do this.

I'm not putting the guy down, I've just had numerous instances where it would appear this has happened and his mark up has always been a little high IMHO.

fimpBIKES
21-04-2010, 12:09 PM
sorry zooks, you're wrong

i called ray, said i need "katana" parts
and he KNEW what i wanted straight away

i call the local shops here and they wouldnt know a katana if a samurai shoved one up their arse!

i'd still rather buy off him them the local

RUSS M8
22-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Even if you're right Zooks, which I don't think you are, sometimes price isn't the No 1 factor.
Having someone who knows a GT250 isn't a Hyosung, or that a Katana isn't a sultana meal for cats is priceless.
And, if you need the part quickly, spending a few days trying to convince the local year 11 drop out that motorcycles did infact exist before 1990 isn't an option...

Zooks
22-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I s'pose it depends on the shops that you deal with. I've got a shed full of old Suzukis and have never had a prob finding most bits from Suzuki via very helpful motorcycle shops. I've also bought bits from NZ and the U.S cheaper than the prices I was quoted from Suziparts.

We'll just agree to disagree on this.

El_Hefty
22-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I use him and yeah you pay a little more but i have no complaints about that if it means getting the right part in country when dealerships have quoted ex Japan and three weeks etc

loosebruce
24-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Yep, another vote for Ray. Knows his stuff and is quick and efficient.
Bought lots from him over the years.

My last visit to (one of) the local dealers was a debacle entailing wrongly ordered bits, said bits being put on backorder and no advice of such. Young bloke behind the counter, with tryhard metal peircings hanging out of his face, had trouble understanding why this was a problem.

The other local is pretty good.