PDA

View Full Version : INFORAD Red light, Speed light GPS warning system

eddahenry
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
OK guy’s ill say off the bat that I got this Product as I work for the importer AVICO Electronics But I was impressed with how it worked and thought I haven’t seen this in AUS yet.
BTW we don’t sell to the public but I know of a few Bike shops that have already got this in stock....
So I get this Product sheet in my email about a new Product (happens weekly LOL always something new to get your head around as a sales rep)
I look down the page and think “ok cool little gadget for the car” than I see down the bottom that they make a unit for a motorcycle.
Not a half ass attempt at modifying a car unit but one made to work with a bike
So this is how it works
It’s a Speed camera , red-light camera , Safety camera warning system. It works off a GPS receiver that can tell where you’re at and how fast your going and logs that next to the data base of cameras in Australia (and around the world)
It only dose static cameras it’s not a radar detector so its 100% legal
I like to say it’s just a handy little reminder for you.

It has 4 parts
1. Connector box which all the leads run back to .
2. Removable GPS unit (for easy updating) that plugs into the connector box.
3. Remote mount GPS Ariel for mounting onto say a rear guard
4. A warning light (like a shift light)

What is dose?
When you turn your bike on it fires up and the warning light flashes Green to let you know it’s looking for a satellite

Once its lock in it turns solid green to let you know it has a satellite connection

When you approach a speed , red light or safety camera it turns red to let you know its ahead

If you are doing Over the sign posted speed limit it flashes red at you .

Easy and simple really.
You get free updates for life and it will also track your Klms and trips that you can download onto the computer software.

At the moment I just tried it in the car to see if it worked and it did.

I will do the install of the bike next week , Going for a ride this weekend , and ill post up some pictures of the install for you lot
You can read more info if you like at http://www.inforadaus.com.au

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/eddahenry/GPSmoto.jpg

robmac
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I really don't see the point to these. Red light camera's are all clearly signposted and mainly in city centres were there is lots of traffic and/or people. 99.9% of the time you should be on the ball and riding defensively anyway so the big fuck off 'RED LIGHT CAMERA' sign ahead usually gets me ready to either brake/accelerate as necessary. Does a big go go gadget hand come out the dash to slap you or is the light on the dash enough to get ur attention that there is a fucking red light camera?

The unit accurately logs where you go and how fast you did it............this could put a stop to all bullshit talk at the bar when I did 280kmh round that roundabout scraping my elbow having a smoke sideways. Fuck sake....

The only one of any use is the radar detector. The one that is of course illegal......

Don't worry about catching me on radar mr plod, just wait until I download my data onto my home computer then I'll burn you a copy and you can crush my bike and wave while I'm taken away from society for being an anti social hoon who repeatedly exceeded the national speed limit not once but 24 times on a single ride. Fuck me can you imagine it......................aahhhhh that's better : )

Fight_fan
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats an awesome little thing! What sorta $$$ ya lookin at?

eddahenry
12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Fair call Robmac
But you can chose to record or not to on the operating software.
As for just doing Speed cameras,,,, I have been done twice in 5 years and im a sales rep on the road same camera 5 min from my house call me stupid (ok dont LOL) but some times you arnt riding /driving well and are day dreaming
its not for everyone but it works for me
Oh and its nice for those new Safty cameras the 2 i have seen dont have anywhere near the sinage of fixed speed cameras
Oh and the Price
$140.00 RRP

Gix11
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I have to agree with Robmac on this one. The signs are massive for the speed cameras and miles ahead of where they are. If you need a sensor to tell you they're coming up as well then surely you shouldn't be on the road full stop. The red light cameras are massive boxes near traffic lights as well.

Radars are a whole different matter.....

grindella
14-03-2010, 11:48 AM
the Tom Tom sat nav I have now does that allready.