PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop GPRa11

Lil Wolfie
27-01-2010, 10:20 AM
The new Dunlop GPRa11 was released last year. In November I had a special offer of $430.00** a set. Down from $530.00 a set.

I have run 2 rears and a front on my ZX10R and I did a report on them as follows.

THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER TO ASF ONLY

I have 5 of those sets that I will sell to ASF forum members at the November price.

$430.00** a set Fitted or shipped* Australia wide.
*Remote areas will incurr an extra charge
**add $20.00 for a 190/55/17 rear.

I would suggest if you want them to call. I may miss a PM or reply to the forum.

Wolf

Extras
Add 1.5% for Credit Card
Tyre Disposal $3.30 inc GST per tyre left behind

Lil Wolfie
27-01-2010, 10:22 AM
GPR 11’s
First let me say that I sell tyres for living. However I am Continetal man thru and thru. I have used nearly every tyre on the market and I ride an 08 ZX10R. As well as an 05 ZX10r thats about to hit the road again.I may not be the quickest out there but I certainly push along at a respectful pace.
A few weeks ago I fitted up a set of the new Dunlop GPR’s to my 08 Zx10R.
First ride was over a little road out the back of Strathpine. Tyres felt good and stable with no hint of anything nasty.
That weekend out for a good run with some mates. End up helping a girl who fell off but still did the ride, but now at a relaxed pace with another mate who happened along the crash site on his Triumph 675. Tyres were good all the way. Route was over up Nebo over Mt Glorious out to the dam into Kilcoy. From there the back way to Woodford, up over Mt Mee and home. Tyres were great all day. No slip and all the grip you could want.
This past weekend did a longer trip away and stayed overnight. Lots of interesting road surfaces and the GPR 11’s were faultless. Chasing an R1, MV Augusta and a Blackbird they didn’t put a foot wrong.
These things warm up quick and hold temp so you don’t have to worry about grip going off if you have a transport section to the twisties. I give the GPR’s 8.5 out of 10 and the average punter will find them easier to live with that the Qualifier series. If you like the Dunlop Qualifiers then this is going to take it up a level. So far 3000klms and look good for about 6-7.
The one thing that stands out is how stable the front is under heavy braking. ZX10’s are a bit nervous in the front and sometimes out of slower corner can feel vague. Not with this tyre on. I love Continental’s and wont be changing soon to any other tyre but this is dam close to the grip that the Sport Attack gives and good feed back too.
So got a nervous front end, this GPR 11 front is second to none for stability, on a ZX10R anyway. Well worth a look if are in the market.

Update:

Well 5200k's of fun and games and one of the best tyres for grip I have used.
From cold, brilliant when hot its like a piece of chewing gum on a blanket. Just keep feeding the power and it drives.
Again into Kin Kin from Pamona you have those back to first sahrp corners and the front of the ZX10 was like it was on a slot car track. Exactly where I put it, it stayed and had great feel.

Would have liked another 1000k's but I suppose I cant complain, Grip is still as good as when it was new. Thats alway a good thing.

Would I use them again. Yep sure would. This the best Dunlop street/track tyre I have ever had on my bike. Its top shelf, and at the moment cheap as chips. Check out the prices in the tyre special I have up for November.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/zx10rrr/DSC04147.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/zx10rrr/DSC04149.jpg
See you on the road.

Mick

robmac
27-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Sounds good mate, I'll find out how good they are on my 600 track bike at Morgan Park on the 12th Feb : )