PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot/SRAD bits needed.

TurboKat
22-01-2010, 03:46 PM
OK lads & lasses, because my 7/9 is a single seater, the Doris (Helen) needs a bike to ride to the WSBK @ the Island in a months time, she needs something that goes like a stoned snail & steers like a soggy sponge so I'm throwing a GSXR 1100 together for her (GSXRs ARE girls bikes after all)
It'll be a tightarse 3WF (3 Week Fighter) build, I can only afford a couple of hours a night to work on it & I'll be using whatever parts I can find hanging around the workshop so I don't have to put my hand in my pocket too much.
There are a few misc Gix bits & bobs I'll need along the way & I know lots of ASFers (Shano, Deano, Gibbo, Latheboyo, Oldskoolo, Kevkatanao, etc) have stuff left over from their builds so I'll be asking here first.
First item on the agenda is wheel spacers - I'll be using an SRAD/TL/Busa 6" rear wheel & I need the spacer that goes between the sprocket carrier & the drive side wheel bearing & the spacer that goes between the caliper hanger & the brake side bearing.
Alternatively, if anyone has these spacers but wants to hold onto them, If you can give me the dimensions I'll spin them up on the lathe at work.
I'll also be looking for a 750 swingarm in the near future (not urgent), If I remember correctly the 750 item is heaps shorter than the 11 job so it'll make it a bit more nimble & therefore easier for the girly to handle. The swinger I'd want is not the box ended one, it's the later type that has the cutouts where the wheel adjusters sit.
Stay tuned for more 'wanted' posts as I start assembling the thing.

Large
22-01-2010, 05:48 PM
TL:DR

So what's the go with the supers...can anyone go?

[:p]

Blackkat
22-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I have 750L swingarm for sale.

TurboKat
23-01-2010, 08:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Yes Rickyricardo, anyone can go to the Supers as you well know, don't forget that this is the SUPERBIKES so patrons (us) can ride their (our) motorcycles into & around the entire spectator area wheneverthefuck they want & one can pull wheelies/skids/stoppies right in front of [u]on</u> [u]duty</u> Policemen without fear of being arsefucked by bullshit hoon laws.
As a sweetener this year, the campground management is offering a free bottle of vodka, your choice of cordial flavour & a big translucent plastic cup to anyone with a Spondon who camps Trackside... TRUE !!

BTW, WTF is TL:DR FFS [?] (Oh yeah, I got the nerdspeak down)

Gsxar
23-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Almost anyone;) So you better be there Large!! :D

latheboy
25-01-2010, 06:51 AM
I got a 750 Swinger, USD's with axle and brakes, and OME rear sets, maybe other stuff you can "BORROW"
I will want them back....

Booster
26-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Srad swingarm any good ? or a 01 gix 1k ?

Large
27-01-2010, 09:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Yes Rickyricardo, anyone can go to the Supers as you well know, don't forget that this is the SUPERBIKES so patrons (us) can ride their (our) motorcycles into & around the entire spectator area wheneverthefuck they want & one can pull wheelies/skids/stoppies right in front of [u]on</u> [u]duty</u> Policemen without fear of being arsefucked by bullshit hoon laws.
As a sweetener this year, the campground management is offering a free bottle of vodka, your choice of cordial flavour & a big translucent plastic cup to anyone with a Spondon who camps Trackside... TRUE !!

BTW, WTF is TL:DR FFS [?] (Oh yeah, I got the nerdspeak down)

Too Long : Didn't Read:D

So you all booked trackside again?

Are TTRs alowed in? What about stretched 12s?

Do the bikes need to be registered?

kevkatana
27-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't have any SRAD/TL/Busa wheels spacers. Only got oil cooled stuff but no spare. If you need I can measure some up for ya. No 750 arm either. Got an 11 one and a Bandit 12 one though.