PDA

View Full Version : 6 SECOND CHALLENGE PT2

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244551483.jpg

Well Kiddies, in our last thrilling instalment, we transformed the hoarded pile of goodies on the floor into a functional dragbike that does 8.4's at about 155 mph

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244575597.jpg

And seeing as the rain gods have smiled upon us, I've felt the urge to get back into this project. End goal is it turboed and doing a 6.
But to get there I'm splitting it into 2 jobs.

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244604034.jpg

First part is to get the k8 Busa throttle bodies married up to a plenum with injectors fitted for methanol.
Along with the throttle bodies goes new fuel pump, tank, regulator, injectors and probably another homemade Meqasquirt controller.
Then dynoed, hopefully along with Cutkat (If I ever get my cams back from the bastards at TIGHE CAMS - fuck'em).
That'll be part 2a finished.
In part 2b, I'll be annoying the fuck out of Booster when he gets back from cleanin up a heap of world records ( :)), cos it will involve plumbing up the turbo to said plenum, wastegate, more injectors and tuning.
Mainly due to it being a known fact that I'm forbidden to make swarth or filings.
Much better at twitching wires.
Cheers,
G

Deano
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
cant see picks , sounds good so far

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Deano,
Dont know how I managed to make them disappear, they were there before.
Will sus it out

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Now they're back.
Think my computer is possessed.
Hows the 'filing' making goin on them flanges, bloke?
Thanks for takin' that on.
Fuck, it's cold!

scotty
09-06-2009, 05:48 PM
How'd ya get on with ya inlets?
I'm back and can get round to the factory this w/end and get em off

livewire
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey Scotty.
Thanks for that.
At the mo I'm chasin it up with Clive 03Gixxer.
I'm ringin him tonite to sus it out.
If it doesn't turn out, I'll give ya a ring.
Thanks bloke,
G

scotty
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM
no probs.
Looking good BTW

livewire
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks, bloke.
Keep thinking of more jobs.
Plus exhaust.
Plus oil system.
Bloody hell, this list keeps growing.
All stuff I'd had half a think about, but never wrote down to tick off.
Spose ya gotta have a plan for it to go to plan.

Iceman
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Looks fast already G.

scotty
09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
plan the plan

papa smurf
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Please tell met that this bike is TOP BIKE legal.[:p]

livewire
11-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey Clint. Thanx bloke. How goes it?
Scotty, plan planned. Bein a unorganised galoot, I've gotta work from lists.
Tend not to miss stuff, then. Spose that'd make me an organised galoot. haha
Papa Smurf, hey bloke, been a while. Didn't get up to Winters, spewin!
If all goes to plan I hope to get back to the track, Pro or Top bike.
This one I'm thinkin is TB legal. I'm not really fussed either way, as I don't intend takin it there, other plans for that. Just wanted to do a 6 with this one. That'd still leave me 7/10's off the pace. If it could do mid 6's I'd possibly consider, but unlikely I think. Chassis should comply, I'm not so sure with the electronic injection, although I'm thinkin there's a similar set-up already running (?).
Cheers,
G

Deano
11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
no probs mate. spoke to the laser cutter today as i have put your flanges with a heap of othre stuff i need cutting. he thinks the whole lot wil be ready on monday.

also mate don't pay to much for your speedflow fittings for the oil return and feed. we are aeroquip and speedflow dealers at work and have the aeroquip products in stock.

Large
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Is that the complete bike or is there bodywork to go on?

That turbo looks small?

BANDITROD
11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
ooookkkaaayyyy ......there is no bodywork i dont think big fella ...whats with the double post

Large
11-06-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244741591.jpg

Fish
12-06-2009, 08:41 AM
I think this http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13228 is what roidney be bitchin 'bout?

livewire
12-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Sorry bloke. not really up with netiquette. Wasn't meaning to be a greedy prick, just started a new part (part 2), cos it seemed like a new job. You're right, End plan was to end up with it turboed.
Is it possible to tack it on the end of the other? (Someone up there?, ta)
Original plan was for Lectrons in a box, intercooled on petrol. but gone towards methanol and injection.
She runs naked, lifting the body involves taking the seat off.
Turbo good for 600hp @30psi. Maybe too big, think the crank will be laying in little bits on the ground before then. Wanna launch @7 psi, run 15/18 psi. If it runs a 7.0 or 7.1 it gets 22psi up it for being naughty. Gottagetasix, gottagetasix, gottagetasix(cmon, hang in there, baby!)

livewire
12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Deano, sweet. Thanks bloke.

Large
12-06-2009, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by livewire

Sorry bloke. not really up with netiquette. Wasn't meaning to be a greedy prick, just started a new part (part 2), cos it seemed like a new job. You're right, End plan was to end up with it turboed.
Is it possible to tack it on the end of the other? (Someone up there?, ta)
Original plan was for Lectrons in a box, intercooled on petrol. but gone towards methanol and injection.
She runs naked, lifting the body involves taking the seat off.
Turbo good for 600hp @30psi. Maybe too big, think the crank will be laying in little bits on the ground before then. Wanna launch @7 psi, run 15/18 psi. If it runs a 7.0 or 7.1 it gets 22psi up it for being naughty. Gottagetasix, gottagetasix, gottagetasix(cmon, hang in there, baby!)

Nah mate you're good (as long as you keep posting up pics)

I double posted ^^ up there a bit but I deleted it after roidney pointed it out:D

BANDITROD
12-06-2009, 07:02 PM
hahaha i am to quick for you big boy

rock hard
12-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey Livewire,this bike of yours impresses the shit out of me.tell me will the gearbox be semi auto or full im still learning.keep up the good work...morry

livewire
14-06-2009, 08:07 PM
G'day Morry. Thanx for that, bloke.
Full auto box, ie 5speed auto. Didn't want to be 'popping' on 4 and 5 shifts with semi auto(3spd) box with shift kill. And keeps it wicked up, hopefully.
It's been fun so far, and well behaved. Hopefully the wind up it's arse gets me there. Thinkin a 6 takes some doing.
Cheers,
G

papa smurf
15-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey G, don't worry about the low end in the sixes.

Now that Athol has fucked off back to Kiwi Land & may not be coming back, just about anywhere in the sixes will have you right at the pointy end in Top Bike & we all know how unreliable the V-Twins are.;)
Seriously though, if you don't want to ride it in Top Bike i'd have no problem giving it a skid for ya.[:p]

Rick

livewire
21-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Might see how it goes in mod bike, first. haha
Nah, think I've forgotten how to do a countdown tree!
Not too sure how much the crank is going to enjoy this experiance.
Dunno if it will even get ANDRA'd.
Would be neat to do it at Heathcote.
Nothing like going for a lap and being home for dinner.
Made up dummy cardboard plenum, today.
Still sorting out injector/ fuel/ boost stuff.
:)G

madmick791
29-06-2009, 09:22 PM
hey G, sounds like it wont be too long B4 you are piston broke too!
time u got that statue fired up, we wana see a 9sec kat b4 we start jetsetting.

ozkat
29-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Mick did you actually buy a computer?

livewire
30-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey bloke, welcome to the madness. Yeah, I'd love to be tearin' off 9's, sent cams back to TIGHE CAMS on 16 April. Not very good service, well over 3 months.
Trying VISA again.
Dealing with pricks like them a real pain in the ort.
Real fuckround doing Office of Fair Trading claim deal. Pain in ort bastard fux. Got my money and my cams. gggggrrrrr.
Hahahaha, lucky I got 4 others to play with.

rock hard
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Livewire,there is nothing worse than waiting on parts being made or machined.any luck with waggots in n.s.w. i know its frustrating..