PDA

View Full Version : Vale Judd Greedy

DiscoDan
06-04-2009, 09:52 AM
As if news of Bullfrog's accident wasn't enough I found out on the radio this morning that Judd Greedy was also killed over the weekend.

Judd and I started racing at the same time in 125GP and he was always a great kids with talent to burn. At that first meeting (Wakefield Park, NSW Championships) I was faster than him in practice and thought I was in with a chance, 10 minutes before the first race it bucketed down (to the point they had to cancel the meeting after our race) so Judd went out there and won by 14 seconds. Foot down, opposite lock everywhere on a 125GP with no fear and all skill. He developed a slightly more appropriate style :) and won the state championship in his rookie year. Over the coming years Judd instisted on spanking me at all-but-one meeting on a crappy old bike his parents scrimped for and that we all helped maintain. I won't pretend to be his best mate but I've kept an eye on his career since we both moved from 125s so was shocked to hear the news.

It looked like it was all coming together for Judd in recent seasons and this year seemed like it would be a ripper for him. A tragic loss for Judd's family.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/one-killed-at-tasmanian-superbike-meet-20090405-9syp.html

http://bikes.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=62032

WATEVR
06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
RIP GREEDY

although i didnt know him i to have lost a friend on that same corner of symonds plains and it is sad to see young blokes taken so early before there time...

gibbo
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Ahh shit, that is bad news, I used to paint his bike when he was with the Nova / Brown gouge team, nice bloke, friendly and easy to talk with and obviously a bloody good rider.
Rest in peace Judd.

DCRacing
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Bad news.....

Loads
17-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Bad news, Spoke to some guys that were down there also. Very sad.
Judd sold me my VFR when he was at Redwing. He was looking at a very good year.
RIP dude.

The Mad One
26-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah [B)] allthough we involved with what we do,it was not a good period in aussie bike time.

I met Judd several times just hanging at test day`s or when it was on [}:)]

Such a great attitude to his racing [8D] If he was 'off' he`d shrug & go look.

Great talent & a bad sad loss to all he knew .