PDA

View Full Version : FIRST EXHAUST CUSTOMER IS IN.. will u b next?

karitsu
05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
OK... I have the first streetfighter member in my creative little workshop... yes indeed SIDEKICK PERFORMANCE EXHAUSTS ARE IN PRODUCTION !!! motorcycle news have already emailed me to get a fancy looking tripple outlet multi coloured jobby on their demo bike for the year, and im working now on an SV1000, doin it from home, by appointment only !! so if anyone wants to be among the very first in australia in particular adelaide, to have one of these custom made silencers / mufflers then get in touch, and if you guys can help me get them out there, get them seen, then im happy to help you on the prices.. the materials I brought from the UK are Limited, especially the multi coloured stainless steel and the titanium, both costing me over $1200 a sheet.. and thanks everyone for the support and comments, ALL of which have helped, definately...

zx12argh
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Good to hear your underway mate. Tho you know the rules... Photos mate or it never happened ;)

karitsu
06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/208493814554425.jpg

ok I hear ya !here is a shot with the S2R Silencer on, it isnt fixed before anyone says anything, I have an SV1000 here, and will be the first coloures stainless steel silencers in australia.. along with all the fancy laser bits that go with it.. so those shots will be up once finished. other than that if you need a reminder check out www.sidekickperformance.com[:p]

karitsu
06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/208493814407015.jpg

hope this helps, i have some titanium, coloured stainless and carbon fibre,but only what i brought from the UK, also have exhaust packing, lets help each other..

revken
09-04-2009, 05:54 AM
its my bike thats getting the pipes. The pics on the site don't do the coloured stainless justice, looks awesome.

pappas
09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
First coloured stainless pipes in Australia?? Are you sure? This was my K2 Gixxer1000.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62642492390812.JPG

revken
09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
is that stainless or titanium?

Ross_247
09-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought most of the Microns's were stainless, and they are coloured, in a huge amount of different colours... and they are already in australia.. ? ? am I missing something here ?

revken
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
maybe not australian made perhaps. moot point really, as this type of stainless is quite different to the run of the mill microns et al.

pappas
09-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah it's stainless. But made in the UK. But it's been in Aus for a long time!

revken
10-04-2009, 07:27 AM
still nothing like Dave's stuff. Now if he were to change it to the first coloured stainless steel mufflers MADE IN AUSTRALIA would everyone be happy with that?

scotty
10-04-2009, 09:53 AM
no

revken
10-04-2009, 01:32 PM
oh well. stiff shit then lol

BANDITROD
10-04-2009, 01:58 PM
pack of harsh cunts ......i reckon dave's work looks great who gives a fuck wheather it was the first in oz or not the fact of the matter is he is doing it in oz now ....there is not much of a choice locally other than megacycle and some others that i dont know the name of ...but at at least he is here to have a go ....so keep up the good work mate

BANDITROD
10-04-2009, 01:59 PM
and for the record these are the first coloured pipes to be MADE in oz

revken
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
yeah so there what he said

JackTar
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

pack of harsh cunts ......i reckon dave's work looks great who gives a fuck wheather it was the first in oz or not the fact of the matter is he is doing it in oz now ....there is not much of a choice locally other than megacycle and some others that i dont know the name of ...but at at least he is here to have a go ....so keep up the good work mate

Someones angling for some new cans then eh :D

sharky
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Here here Rod....And I might be after some new cans too......;)

suxukifreak
11-04-2009, 08:46 AM

and for the record these are the first coloured pipes to be MADE in oz

Sorry Rod, Formula1 have been making colored pipies in OZ for years....;)

http://www.formula1mc.com.au/index.php?categoryID=79

BANDITROD
11-04-2009, 10:20 AM
goddammit des i havent heard of those before ....as doc would say fuck em

revken
11-04-2009, 10:28 AM
but aren't their mufflers anodized aluminium? so not coloured stainless steel then. coloured, yes, stainless steel, no.

karitsu
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
PAPPAS!! YES, A FACT THE FIRST COLOURED "STAINLESS STEEL IN AUSTRALIA" WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWED THERE IS IN FACT A COLOURED TITANIUM SILENCER, POLISHED THE BLUED WITH HEAT, I HAVE MADE AROUND 2000 OF THESE, I KNOW THE GUYS AT SCORPION, AND THAT IS NOT STAINLESS STEEL !!

karitsu
11-04-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/958949876124616.jpg

THIS IS ONE OF MY COLOURED TITANIUM SILENCERS, DONE CAREFULLY WITH A CERTAIN HEATED FLAME

karitsu
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95894987682557.jpg
please tell me who is doing these then !!! and then tell me they are doing the same teardrop shape that i designed !!!

RIGHT LET ME MAKE IT MORE SIMPLE FOR YOU SAD PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO ARGUE ABOUT !! IN THE UK WE WERE DISTRIBUTORS FOR OVER 30 MAKES OF BIKE AND CAR EXHAUSTS AS WELL AS SELLING AND MAKING MY OWN ! THE MICRON CANS THAT HAD A SINGLE!!! COLOUR ON WERE YES , STAINLESS STEEL, SO LETS CHANGE THE WORDING TO, COLOURED, RIPPLED EFFECT STAINLESS MATERIAL, THE SHEET HAS AN EMBOSSED PATTERN THAT HAS BEEN ELECTICALLY PLATED WITH A SPECIAL PROCESS THAT WHEN YOU VIEW THE MATERIAL IN DIFFERENT LIGHTS, IT WILL CHANGE FROM GREEN PURPLE AND BLUE, SO IT IS NOT JUST A SINGLE COLOUR, THERE ARE OTHERS DOING A COLOURED ANODISED ALUMINIUM EFFECT, WHICH IS A MIXTURE OF TWO OR THREE POWDER COATINGS, THAT WHEN BAKED TO TEMPERATURE THE COLOURS RUN INTO EACH OTHER, AGAIN A DIFFERENT PROCESS, THE OTHER MATERIAL I HAVE HAS GROOVES IN IT LIKE A PAIR OF JUMBO CORD PANTS, IN THE GROOVES IS A GREEN EFFECT THAT AGAIN IS VERY DIFFERENT..

karitsu
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95894987688275.jpg

here is the one you are all arguing about !! and my good friend has seen and ordered..

karitsu
11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95894987610773.jpg

and this is a special I did in titanium, again done with heat...

revken
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by karitsu

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95894987688275.jpg

here is the one you are all arguing about !! and my good friend has seen and ordered..

and it looks fucking awesome!

ozkat
11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Do they improve horsepower and tourque? Do you have any before and after dyno sheets? Im asking this because ill be looking for a new can or complete system for a new bike soon.

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi, yes absoloutely, without any doubt, thats not down to the outer sleeve, its the length and bore of the pipe , and depending on which bike a couple of added designs internally to boot the flow.. i have the power graphs, even against yoshimura and micron, im sorry to say came out on top... many of the household names charge accordingly, for that name.. ask revken, he has seen the graphs, and I will show you if/when you decide to come down or order some pipes...

revken
13-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, I've seen them.

ozkat
13-04-2009, 05:59 PM
So you wont show graphs or supply performance specs unless we come and see you or comit to order? Sounds dodgy to me. What about prices or do we just send you an open cheque and you fill in the blanks?

karitsu
13-04-2009, 06:56 PM
some people !!! ye something like that..
if that guy is interested , he will get to see what ever he wants, im not wasting my time scanning all my graphs, all the magazine reviews from around the world, to stick them on here for time wasters making comments like that.. again, the guy who came to see me was shown everything,

karitsu
13-04-2009, 06:58 PM
hell this site winds me up !!!!

the question was do they increase performance? and the answer is simply YES! forget the graphs were even mentioned..

ozkat
13-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Mate im not winding you up, im simply asking you questions i would ask about any can i was buying. No i wont forget about the graphs or dyno sheets (whatever you want to call them} i asked about them. Ok here goes, 04 ZX12R stock motor, stock filter, stock headers, PC111 to map for the can, one of your oval stainless cans. How much $$$ and what performance increases should i expect?

Tony OW31
13-04-2009, 08:39 PM

some people !!! ye something like that..
if that guy is interested , he will get to see what ever he wants, im not wasting my time scanning all my graphs, all the magazine reviews from around the world, to stick them on here for time wasters making comments like that.. again, the guy who came to see me was shown everything,

Jeez, customers eh, what a pain in the arse, I wish they'd stop asking me questions and just hand over their money without knowing anything about the product.

sharky
13-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe just put up one dyno chart or review for us to see.....

Tony Nitrous
13-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Pair of can's for mine are lised at over $2,000 at the local dealers.
Importing from the US cuts that down, but if you have proof that
yours is a performance product not just a pretty product, im interested.

What did you do your performance testing with ?
Bikes like an early Bandit 12 will find 10 / 15 bhp
with 18" of drain pipe, modern bikes are not so easy.
Im sure you know all this, but if you have any performance
comparisons, tests, etc Im keen to see, as im sure several
other potential customers here would be.

Be good to see a well made, local alternative.

karitsu
13-04-2009, 10:55 PM
hey guys, taken on board, thanks !!! customers , right again... lol..

yes the bandit was everyones favourite for dyno graphs, they were restricted to under 100hp for the european market, mounting a beer can would improve performance, as for prices, i know this stuff should be a lot more than the average pipes, im just getting used to the dollar conversion, and trusting you guys for the right prices, i appreciate that about the price of your cans, still a rip off though!! right i need to sort out my charts, i dont have a zx12, but the zx9, bikes all increased by at least 5 hp.

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444719866.jpg

ok first one.. 1999 gsxr 1300 hayabusa. the blue line was stock, the green line was a full on akropovic race system, pies and muuflers costing thousands of pounds, and the red line was my standard bolt on race cans THE POWER I HAD OVER STOCK WAS 11.3 BHP MORE

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444700100.jpg

and here was the difference i had in torque, same bike

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444689643.jpg

ok , 1200 bandit you say , 12 to 15 hp you say, try 22bhp, yes thats what i produced, well you asked for it... haaa hha

right the story with this guy was, he was like many of the sheep out there, following the others, buying the big names, well here is proof of that total bollox.. before the guy had his bike messed with we did the first run, with a YOSHIMURA RS3 can on, which was in blue 116.1 bhp, then we simply bolted my cans on in purple increased to 138.1 bhp, then off came mine, which was only tested for curiosity... and then several thousand pound later , after the head had been ported, pistons up graded and dyno jet kit and K & N filter was fitted, they could still not get any where near my performance. and as you see in the description, sidekick titanium (NON OPTIMISED) SO the moral is , ...i dont know what the moral is !! oh ye, dont kekin doubt my work !! HAAA HA.. do you want me to go on ??

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444759645.jpg

VTR 1000 SP1, through the gears 4.1 hp more, two titanium silencers, no re mapping or anything

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444736330.jpg

RC51 VTR1000 SP1 Rollon 4th gear 5bhp more over stock

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444773569.jpg

this was a silencer sent to italy and was tested for a magazine against BSM, where again, i came out on top. it was front cover of the magazine

karitsu
13-04-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444712252.jpg

and finally for tonight !! a 1999GSXR 750 blue was stock at 120 bhp, red was YOSHIMURA CYCLONE, at 124.5 and the winner, yet again SIDEKICK PERFORMANCE WITH 127BHP

karitsu
14-04-2009, 12:03 AM
[u]conclussion !!</u>
so when i say my stuff is pretty good, and being such a fussy fucker myself, i know what makes people smile, (exhausts that is) .although models of bikes change, never the less the design of my silencers have not, if it aint broke, dont fix it ! you guys have been great, from over a year ago when we were in the middle of our immigration process from the UK, and because The boys at streetfighters Magzine in the uk reccommended you all. this is the only forum i have joined. and thats why im relying on you people to spread the word with my pipes, so i aint out to rip people off, because you ahve alrady said it, for that performance you pay x ammount of dollars, i do value your comments, and the prices you think I should charge (non ASF Members) ,, so have a drool at the power charts, and call me when your ready, if you can handle the xtra horses that is... haaa. text 0450805778 or email me davegartland@internode.on.net website www.sidekickperformance.com
Later.. time for zzzzzzzzzz

Tony OW31
14-04-2009, 12:28 AM

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/303137444689643.jpg

ok , 1200 bandit you say , 12 to 15 hp you say, try 22bhp, yes thats what i produced, well you asked for it... haaa hha

right the story with this guy was, he was like many of the sheep out there, following the others, buying the big names, well here is proof of that total bollox.. before the guy had his bike messed with we did the first run, with a YOSHIMURA RS3 can on, which was in blue 116.1 bhp, then we simply bolted my cans on in purple increased to 138.1 bhp, then off came mine, which was only tested for curiosity... and then several thousand pound later , after the head had been ported, pistons up graded and dyno jet kit and K & N filter was fitted, they could still not get any where near my performance. and as you see in the description, sidekick titanium (NON OPTIMISED) SO the moral is , ...i dont know what the moral is !! oh ye, dont kekin doubt my work !! HAAA HA.. do you want me to go on ??

According to the graph you provided the 138 bhp run with your pipes was done after the engine work, look at the dates and times of the runs under the graphs, it tells you everything. So essentially your pipes gave an increase of 2.8 hp over the yoshi, not 22 bhp. I only noticed this because having done thousands of dyno runs I have never seen such an increase as this on a NA engine.

karitsu
14-04-2009, 12:38 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN !!
due to the engine work this was obviously not done on the same day.. the guy at the rolling road called me , as there was the opportunity to test my pipes as so much work was being done. 15th september the very first test was done, on stock pipes 116bhp. during the time of september and january, my pipe was tested (NON OPTOMISED) SO YOU WILL KNOW THAT MEANS the bike was not set up to my pipes, as he had already bought and paid for the Yoshi and enginework to be done, so yes thats is what i am claiming 2.8hp over yoshi "after all the work done on the bike" and 22hp over the stock silencers. so here is the proof, like you say never seen before..

Tony OW31
14-04-2009, 08:00 AM

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!
due to the engine work this was obviously not done on the same day.. the guy at the rolling road called me , as there was the opportunity to test my pipes as so much work was being done. 15th september the very first test was done, on stock pipes 116bhp. during the time of september and january, my pipe was tested (NON OPTOMISED) SO YOU WILL KNOW THAT MEANS the bike was not set up to my pipes, as he had already bought and paid for the Yoshi and enginework to be done, so yes thats is what i am claiming 2.8hp over yoshi "after all the work done on the bike" and 22hp over the stock silencers. so here is the proof, like you say never seen before..

what do you mean here we go again, you post something highly unlikely, and you provide a graph which refutes your own claim, then you get shirty when someone notices?
Sorry mate, I must be misreading what your post said, but I read it like this
"before the guy had his bike messed with we did the first run, with a YOSHIMURA RS3 can on, which was in blue 116.1 bhp, then we simply bolted my cans on in purple increased to 138.1 bhp,"
So you are saying that by simple substitution of a slip on can you gained 22bhp? If that is the case then I bow down to your magical abilities[:p]

alfiestorm
14-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Bunch of sinacle cunts.
If your that fucking worried go else where and pay many thousands of dollars for your pipes because your afraid of something that doesnt have a designer label.

Karitu's pipes have a good rep for performance gains, style and cost in the uk.

Morning all alf

Tony OW31
14-04-2009, 09:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Bunch of sinacle cunts.
If your that fucking worried go else where and pay many thousands of dollars for your pipes because your afraid of something that doesnt have a designer label.

Karitu's pipes have a good rep for performance gains, style and cost in the uk.

Morning all alf

No mate not cynical, his pipes look good if you like that sort of thing, no doubt the workmanship is good, but making performance claims which are well over the top, then disproving them with your own data is not good for someone trying to build a reputation.

ozkat
14-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I was simply asking questions that i would ask anyone who i was considering buying performance parts from.

latheboy
14-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Far out this went on for a bit....

I work at a company that may or maynot have something to do with dyno's;) and if you want an independent unbiased back to back report i can do one for you.

Do you have a zuast for a 72 CB350F?:D
ZZR 1100?
GSXR 1000 K2?

Tony Nitrous
14-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I might wait for a Yoshi,
When the World Superbike / Endurance Racers / Super Sport /
Moto GP and all the other roundy-round racers find out about
your pipes your going to be flat out and wont have time us
numb-nuts, and then crappy Yoshi's will be dirt cheap....;)

(its called humour...;))

Gix11
14-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey Dave, it's a mine field out here hey? Don't strees mate, these guys have their points and opinions, this will not effect your cans. Ivan (latheboy) here works for Dyno Dynamics and regularily runs bike only dyno days. Why not take him up on his offer and get him to do an unbiased comparisson as he says. Nobody will doubt anything if they do their thing on his dyno and you'll have all your advertising done in one hit! Think about it mate and maybe nut something out.

I still reckon you will sell a load of cans just based on style alone mate. This topic is more aimed at the power hungry. It's good to get all these questions mate, it shows for big interest!

karitsu
14-04-2009, 06:30 PM
ye it makes me laugh! here is what i explained in the second post
...during the time of september and january, my pipe was tested (NON OPTOMISED) SO YOU WILL KNOW THAT MEANS the bike was not set up to my pipes, as he had already bought and paid for the Yoshi and enginework to be done, so yes thats is what i am claiming 2.8hp over yoshi "after all the work done on the bike" and 22hp over the stock silencers

the bike had extensive engine work done, hence the massive boost over stock, so yes it does look a lot, but this was after all the engine work, AND MY MAIN POINT BEING, AFTER ALL THAT WHO CAME OUT ON TOP !!! SO THERES YOUR EXTRA PERFORMANCE...

has anyone else looked at the other graphs.. more realistic, anything from 2 to 6 hp for a simple exchange??? aint that what you are ;looking for... sorry, it was late last night, amd it seemed like most of the night was spent on here...

its all good fun though.

all you need to know is. they look good, they increase performance, iron out any mid range flat spots, and are reasonably priced..

and what does , "if you like that sort of thing mean!!

Tony OW31
14-04-2009, 06:34 PM
[br

and what does , "if you like that sort of thing mean!!

I'm not really a lover of bling, I prefer something a bit plainer:)

latheboy
14-04-2009, 08:35 PM
"has anyone else looked at the other graphs" I did ...........And they do look good ...
When its a race for the title (every set of traffic lights:D) even 1 hp will make a differance ...

ill email you tomorrow

karitsu
14-04-2009, 09:06 PM
ah ok, yes i getcha.. well plain titanium, with riveted end caps same as the norm, might be your thing, i can do them also..

Hey latheboy... i look forward to that...

karitsu
14-04-2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/512082875707310.jpg

ok, tonights arguments... LOL
this was a 1999 hayabusa over stock silencers roll on 4th gear 153 to 164 hp, bit of trickery inside the muffler..

karitsu
14-04-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/512082875417759.jpg

and a fireblade

I would have to make up a gsxr silencer for the rolling road, but yes, bring it on, we will settle this once and for all... LOL.

seriously, it would be a good idea, I have NEVER in all the mufflers i have made, lost any power over all..

ozkat
14-04-2009, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

This topic is more aimed at the power hungry.
Are you calling me power hungry? :D

karitsu
14-04-2009, 09:39 PM
haaa haa, who aint,, thats wot its all about,, more horses for less money...

ozkat
14-04-2009, 10:13 PM

haaa haa, who aint,, thats wot its all about,, more horses for less money...
Thats true, so whats a bolt on oval can to suit a ZX12R in stainless going to cost?

karitsu
14-04-2009, 11:06 PM
i have not done one for that for a long time... so not sure on the bolt arrangement, but i would say certainly no more than $350.00

15-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Impressive stuff, now just stop whinging about your (current) entire customer base and you could be onto a winner

karitsu
15-04-2009, 10:12 PM
im not whinging.... am I ???

Tony OW31
15-04-2009, 10:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ryder

Impressive stuff, now just stop whinging about your (current) entire customer base and you could be onto a winner

come on, give him a bit of slack, he is a pom[:p]

bluemk1
15-04-2009, 10:18 PM
now if only he would answer his emails [:p]

karitsu
16-04-2009, 12:19 AM
what emails ????

latheboy
16-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I sent you an email through the site yesterday.... To your Hotmail

bluemk1
16-04-2009, 10:56 AM
and i sent one a few days ago
just tried again
let me know if you didnt get it

BANDITROD
16-04-2009, 11:28 AM
check your junk folder mate cos thats where hotmail usualy sends asf stuff

scotty
16-04-2009, 12:37 PM

check your junk folder mate cos thats where hotmail usualy sends asf stuff
Na that only where they send yours

revken
18-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I've picked up my bike from karitsu. The mufflers look freakin awesome, sound brilliant, better than the yoshi trs carbon fibres I had on my other sv1000, and the bottom and midrange feel stronger. Of course Id have to dyno it to get the full picture, but just on feel alone, its stronger and I am stoked with the pipes. Great work, fantastic price, thanks Dave. Geez the rest of the bike looks shabby now tho!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/revken/DSCF5536.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/revken/DSCF5539.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/revken/DSCF5538.jpg

karitsu
18-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey Ken, it was a plesure... you know, the one thing that is really special about making this stuff, and that has been the same for 11 years, is when you guys come to collect, and start the bike for the first time, and the look says it all....

as for the emails.... shit!! when i set up the site in the uk, i used a hotmail email, as i didnt know where and when we would be in Oz.. my email is davegartland@internode.on.net

karitsu
18-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok, i have updated my profile off this site, so please try and email me off ASF , so at least i know it works...

Ken! check out the front page of my site !! www.sidekickperformance.com

revken
19-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey, there's my bike LOL

latheboy
19-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Ill email you again tomorrow .... Nice looking can

revken
19-04-2009, 09:10 PM
pics dont do them justice

geesexar
21-04-2009, 07:36 AM
nice pipes ken...good work dave

karitsu
26-04-2009, 05:13 PM
thanx..hope we can catch up soon..

revken
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
rumor has it there's soon to be another sv1000 getting around SA with sidekick pipes fitted.;)