PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CB400 Tank

bluemk1
28-02-2009, 11:50 AM
just as the title says, sydney area or willing to post.

average to good condition, preferably no rust as i have a rusty one already :D

pretty sure the 250 tank is the same so will take that as well.

cheers

chopaweeza
28-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I had a good one in Primer . They are worth SFA and I sold it for $5 about 2 months ago. Try Windsor Wreckers

bluemk1
01-03-2009, 01:11 PM
cheers for that chops.

havent tried the wreckers yet as i know they like to sting you for all they can. didnt realise they could be had that cheap though.

is there any way of getting the loose rust out of the old tank and checking if it is useable other than cleaning it out and filling it and looking for leaks? just wondering if there is something a little more technical

chopaweeza
02-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Anything can be repaired . Give it a good clean out , chuck some CLR & gravel into the tank and shake like buggery . That will let you know if you have leaks and will neutralise any rust while it's at it.

bluemk1
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Anything can be repaired . Give it a good clean out , chuck some CLR & gravel into the tank and shake like buggery . That will let you know if you have leaks and will neutralise any rust while it's at it.

handy tip. ill give that a bash this weekend.

just one more thing, im familiar with gravel and shaking like buggery but what exactly is CLR? :D

chopaweeza
03-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Available in the cleaning section of the supermarket. It's C-something Lime and Rust Remover .

DiscoDan
03-03-2009, 08:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Available in the cleaning section of the supermarket. It's C-something Lime and Rust Remover .

Calcium

bluemk1
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
ok lets hope that works the magic as the wreckers are asking anywhere from $90 odd for a roughy upto $140 for an ok tank. [B)]

wonder how interchangable they are, i know they ran for many years, the bike i have is the 400N, would any of the others fit?