PDA

View Full Version : eblayd fighter - CBR900RR

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 06:17 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434196335945.jpg

I started off with the intention of fightering my commuter blade whilst still using it everyday riding over a thousand miles a month. The first part of this topic deals with that.

There's a couple of how tos - sticking a VFR 17" front wheel into a 98 99 blade, not as easy as early blades but not hard either - how to cheaply repair a fucked rearset. Saved me over £200 buying damaged Gilles off ebay then repairing them.

I bought lots of trick bits all cheap off ebay then struggled to get enough time to fit them and have the bike back together in time for work. It occurred to me too that after having spent a bit of cash I would wind up with a trick bike and a pile of virtually worthless standard blade bits.

So on page 7 after the birth of my sixth kid - a boy after 5 girls - I decided to go mental and build a fireblade fighter from scratch from bits I either make myself or get off ebay. So I got was a cheap RRN frame with documents and registration number. I then got a total fucking flaming of ma petite chou who asked difficult questions like "why is there another FUCKING FIREBLADE apparently GROWING in our FUCKING GARAGE". I could tell she was annoyed because she never swears and rarely waves a hatchet around. But more of her later. [B)]

PART 1

Here is my perfectly nice fireblade what I ride to work on everyday to my job in London like a proper english gent 'cepting Je suis francais...

It is in nice nick, well looked after, goes and handles well. So no reason to change it. So obviously I'm going to.. But because she is my daily transport I will have to do my thang without taking her off the road for more than a few days at a time. Buying 2 bits of everything is not an option as my petite choux will cut off my bollox and serve them with fava beans and a nice rioja.

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Funnily enough it were an ASF member that prompted this rash course of action. I sold my last sportsbike - an R1 - about 3 years ago and started commuting on gradually more and more unsuitable enduro bikes. I started fairly sensibly with a Kawasaki KDX 250 and finished riding a Husky WR360 on full enduro tyres into London everday. Very funny but about as reliable as a Korean Rolex and I had to sell all my internal organs to pay for the parts to fix it everytime the fucker blew up. Sooo ma petite choux got her mate to lend me his spare CBR600F last month, which I rode home and was bored shitless after 3777.72 metres. The one thing it did do was to remind me how much I luuurve sports bikes. I came across this forum and a mad bastard by the name of CBRRRT, saw what he had done to a blade and thought I want one. Ebay furnished the goods and here she is. I managed to source a nice VFR SSSA with all the trimmings and a wheel for £150 mwuhahahaha and here I am ready to start. So while I wait for the SSSA to turn up, what first?

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 06:37 AM
What first??? Oooh hang on, I know... The front indicators - WTF - they are bigger than the mirrors and clearly cause a huge amount more drag than having a fat cunt like me sat on the bike (ahem, trop de foie gras). So by ditching these alone the top speed is bound to increase to over 200mph. MCN said it so it must be true;)

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434196358754.jpg

Bought these LED babies on Fleabay as well. "They are a perfect fit for the existing aperture..". Which was true but meant they were impossible to fit using the plastic nut supplied as they fell straight through the hole. Scratched head for a while then dismantled existing indicators and cut the stems off flush with the tupperware, stuck the useless threaded stem of the new indicators down the hole of the cut off stems, applied a bit of superglue et voila 200mph beckons. And yes I know she needs a wash [:I]

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 07:14 AM
So now something a bit more interesting than a pair of dodgy LED indicators... What to do about that front wheel? 16 inches is sooooo last century dahling. Its got to go.... Apparently the 17" off a 94 -97 VFR bolts straight in - if what I am told is correct... Using the 17" wheel would increase tyre choice to include some very tasty things but has advantages and disadvantages. Going to 17" with a 120/60 tyre would reduce the rolling radius of the wheel/tyre by about 6mm - sharpening up the steering nicely. Lots of people drop the yokes by 5mm on older blades to get just this effect.. Nice. Not so nice is the fact that this limits your choice of decent rubber to the same extent as having a 2" cock. They are also fairly easy to ride off the edge of - the tyre that is not the 2" cock, although I guess that could be true too. I would ask ma petite chou but she would have to divide by 5 to even be able to imagine... So what about a nice round 120/70? Unfortunately that increases the rolling radius by about 6mm slowing down the steering but at least not having the 2" cock problem. So what I is mostly going to do is to use the 17" with a 120/70 and drop the yokes by 12mm. Dropping the yokes won't have exactly the same effect on steering geometry as a wheel with a smaller rolling radius but its close enough.

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 07:23 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434196336229.JPG
Here is my insurance... If I am wrong about the amount I sharpen up the steering Mr Gubellini and Mr Harris will save me. I usually ride with this on minimum but I will crank it up a bit before trying out the new geometry on some of my favourite bumpy bends. I'll turn it down each pass and then when I die in a horrific crash following a tank slapper I'll jack it back up one notch. The rusty shit will soon be replaced with stainless..

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 07:34 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434196372108.JPG
Here is a VFR750 front wheel freshly coated with a Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3.. Mmmm tastes like liquorice.. Rode home with this tied to my rucksack and some cheeky cunt at the traffic lights asked me if I was a mutant ninja turtle.

Time to see if it's true and the fucker actually fits...

CBRRRT
14-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Glad you got there mate, but resize your pictures will you my lappy's not wide screen I-MAX

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Ah bollox, I'm looking on a 21" widescreen. I'll sort it..

Docktor
14-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Wtf is a petite chux and a nice roija and a 2" cock ? all aussies have a 9" wanger from factory. I got 2 of em coz i cant get this silly playing wiv 1. Are ya yoinkin the plastic or ya gunna "fighter" up around it ? Sounds like ya trackin down some good bits for her.

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 09:30 AM
A petite choux, my fine australian friend, is a term of endearment that french people use for their other halves. It's short for chou-fleur meaning cauliflower. Exactly why that should be appreciated by ladies is a difficult one to explain, especially for an exile like me who has lived in pommieland from the age of 5. As to the wanger component I only do metric so less than 25cms is difficult for me to imagine especially as its supposed to be warm in Australia;). Rioja is a dodgy spanish wine but my british chou loves it.. I am going to fighter it as I go along but after the 17" front wheel next up is the SSSA conversion. I need to ride it pretty much daily as do a lot of folks so the idea of this thread is how you do that without losing your transport.

Docktor
14-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks mate, I know everything now. :). Just rip her to bits, measure shit. put it back together ,ride it til ya can do the swap in one day. Should have a ball bloke. Good luck with her.

skiddz
14-02-2009, 12:47 PM
lookin good man, im in the same boat with my cbr250 pulling it to peices at night fitting somthing new and putting it all back together again cos i have to get to work the next day

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey Skiddz, Doktor thanks for the advice and interest.

CBRRT I fixed the images.

Got up early this morning to do the wheel. Ma petite chou thought I had got up to do something nice, breakfast, card, flowers etc. Why? It's not her birthday....Oh shit, it's Valentines Day, I totally forgot. [:0] Guess the wheel will have to wait till tomorrow...

KATO ZX7
14-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Another nutter from the UK.....

goodluck with the project to many :D

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Cheers Kato. There are only nutters in the UK. All the sane people left for Australia. Of course some of them ended up in New Zealand by mistake...:D

Surt
14-02-2009, 10:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tomanyprojex

Cheers Kato. There are only nutters in the UK. All the sane people left for Australia. Of course some of them ended up in New Zealand by mistake...:D

:D:D:D So it seems!

Anyway, good luck Tomanyprojex,.. but I doubt you'd be able to do just for a night (or for a weekend) that, what takes months from others. :)

Tomanyprojex
15-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey Surt, love the car engine stuff you got going on.... Anyhoo I do not think that I will be able to do this in a night or a weekend. My intentions are to do as much fabrication as I possibly can off the bike and then take the bike off the road for short periods to do the final fitting. I'll start off with fairly easy stuff 17" front, SSSA etc then get more adventurous - fabricated sub frame etc. I know that this is going to take a long time I did a YZF 750 with a 1000 EXUP engine about 10 years ago which I then constantly changed for about 5 years. I've got a small but decent machine shop where I have already made some oddball stuff, like this carbon fibre head I am wearing. Which is nice.:D

Surt
15-02-2009, 04:08 AM
I've got a small but decent machine shop where I have already made some oddball stuff, like this carbon fibre head I am wearing. Which is nice.:D

In that case can you make whatever you want, even carbon fibre wheels and a frame? - I envy you[8)] - What's happened to ur original head?:)
Thanx for good words 'bout the car stuff - I hate 'em cars and mutilate 'em in any way I can compose...
:D:D:D

Tomanyprojex
15-02-2009, 04:42 AM
It was stolen after a night of heavy drinking. I will be more careful about who I drink with in future.

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011563039326.JPG

Time to stick on the 17" VFR wheel. Looks right at home there..

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 12:32 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011563024957.JPG

Minor issue - the VFR wheel with the blade spacers leaves a little gap - 6.25 - 6.3mm. Need to machine up some new spacers. I've had a bar of stainless kicking about for a bit so I'll get on and sort that out. First though, I want to see if the discs fit.

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 12:34 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011563027528.JPG

I have plenty of time to check the discs coz it's going to take me about 4 days to get to the fucking lathe...

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011563023991.JPG
[V] This is a bit more of a problem. The 'blade discs are drilled on a bigger diameter than the VFR hub. Bollox! The VFR is NOT a bolt on conversion for the '98 & '99 'blade. I could fill the existing holes with weld and get a local shop to re-drill the holes. Its too big for me to preheat though so I would have to get someone else to weld it and even then I would be worried about distortion. This sucks a bit... I know that there are some really clever bastards on here so do any of you guys know a 17" front that will go on the 98/99 blade for sure? I don't want to go the Dymag route coz I would like to keep this between Soichiro and me. Meaning either bits I make or bits from Honda..

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Time to stick her back together ready for work tomorrow..

skiddz
16-02-2009, 12:51 AM
something i have learnt nothing is ever bolt on, you are never that lucky.

i have work tomorrow and mine is still in peices eeek

CBRRRT
16-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Ask Poppet for the car matey. Tell her its to dangerious to ride in this condition.

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 05:51 AM
I have loads of kids so leaving madame at home with no transport is probably more dangerous than riding the bike with dodgy disks and a 6mm spacer gap...

el sammo
16-02-2009, 03:47 PM
haha tomanyprojex i like the way you write stuff cracks me up

Gix11
16-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey Mike, try here mate: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9278

By the way, if it's aesthetics you want to change it may be time to rethink the rocket launcher they added to the rear right side of your bike. It's rocket launching days are over mate: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_shor_can.asp

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 09:40 PM
It's not a rocket launcher. It is a multi use deployment device. It fires: proximity mines to deal with the london black cab arseholes whose only desire in life is to maim harmelss motorcylists; aluminium chaff and flares to confuse infra red/radar controlled speed cameras and when I am finished riding I take out the baffle and sleep in the fucker...:D

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 10:18 PM
You are right though it is one ugly mofo so it is on the "that's got to go skip diving" list. As the SSSA turned up today, I want to go a route that will do the conversion justice so toying with a high level / underseat jobby. I kinda of like the latest blade shorty under engine approach too, 'bout the only thing I do like on the unfortunate looking old girl. I was going to make a joke about not being able to ride that until I'd had 10 pints but that would be irresponsible as D & D is not to be approved of [V]

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks Sammo mate, I like the joke about the emo grass as well..

Tomanyprojex
16-02-2009, 10:41 PM
For the 17" wheel I am going to check out the firestorm discs to see if I can use them together with the existing blade calipers.

Tomanyprojex
19-02-2009, 10:26 AM
What, bigger than my head?? Tricky question...:D - joking about the CF head. I can fabricate (stories obviously) stainless steel, aluminium and in glass fibre. I guess I could do small carbon fibre stuff but I don't have have a vacuum system for the epoxy-which sucks:D

CBRRRT
20-02-2009, 05:18 AM

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434196358754.jpg

Bought these LED babies on Fleabay as well. "They are a perfect fit for the existing aperture..". Which was true but meant they were impossible to fit using the plastic nut supplied as they fell straight through the hole. Scratched head for a while then dismantled existing indicators and cut the stems off flush with the tupperware, stuck the useless threaded stem of the new indicators down the hole of the cut off stems, applied a bit of superglue et voila 200mph beckons. And yes I know she needs a wash [:I]

Mate, did you have any problems with the LED indicators flashing on and off to fast, and if so how did you cure it?

Tomanyprojex
20-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Posted on your thread!

CBRRRT
20-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Found that mate and placed an order thanks

Tomanyprojex
20-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey Surt, sounds brilliant now bring that fire engine round to my shop, but don't forget to wash the blood off.

Tomanyprojex
20-02-2009, 09:16 PM

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011563023991.JPG
[V] This is a bit more of a problem. The 'blade discs are drilled on a bigger diameter than the VFR hub. Bollox! The VFR is NOT a bolt on conversion for the '98 & '99 'blade. I could fill the existing holes with weld and get a local shop to re-drill the holes. Its too big for me to preheat though so I would have to get someone else to weld it and even then I would be worried about distortion. This sucks a bit... I know that there are some really clever bastards on here so do any of you guys know a 17" front that will go on the 98/99 blade for sure? I don't want to go the Dymag route coz I would like to keep this between Soichiro and me. Meaning either bits I make or bits from Honda..

"fill the existing holes with weld".... WTF? Quit yo' jibber jabber fool and don't post no more till you grow a brain.

This is what an intelligent gentleman like my good self does.... I take a lump of alloy bar about 90mm diameter and 20mm thick which I jerst happen to have lurkin'in me workshop. I stick it in the lathe and turn one end down to fit perfectly in the centre hole of an old VFR / CBR600 disc. I then whip it off and slap said disc onto it and drill through the first disc hole right through the ally bar. I peg the hole so the disc can't move and drill all the rest through the bar. I then stick it back in the lathe face it flat and then turn it down to fit the blade disc centre perfectly. Off the lathe it comes and I stick the blade disc on. I offset the blade disc holes 30 degrees so they will are exactly half way between the holes in the ally bar and drill through one blade disc hole to mark the centre. I then use this centre mark to drill and tap the hole 6mmm. I have now made a drilling jig that allows me to convert as many '98, '99 blade discs (2 for example..) as I want so they will fit on my VFR 17" wheel. Handy when you need to replace worn out discs in the future or help out your mates. To use it simply stick the 'blade disc on the jig, screw a 6mm bolt through one of the disc holes then drill the disc through the VFR/CBR600 holes in the ally bar. Et voila 17" beckons... Now I know how ma petite chou feels [:0]

Now where am I gonna get a knackered old VFR / CBR 600 front disc....:)

CBRRRT
22-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Mate, I remember printing off an article about a 17" front wheel conversion a while bak and it says that if you have a Blade that is 1992-1996 then a CBR 600 or VFR 750 of the same year will fit with the addition of new spacers made up.

But the easier method is to use a Firestorm wheel as it uses the same discs and wheel bearings as the blade, then you use your original spacers, wheel spindle and calipers. ( So basiclly a straight swap)

It also said the only problem with this is the Firestorm has three spokes, but if you are thinking of a Triumph hub and rear wheel then its happy days all round matey.

Tomanyprojex
23-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Cheers for that mate. I really like the look of the fireblade wheels though and making up a drilling jig is no big deal so I'm going to stick with that. Didn't get chance to do much on the blade this weekend - changed the oil and filter and stuck some new pads on - as I was working on one of my other projects. I'm rebuilding an old Dodge van- V8 7.3 litres breathing through a 3" 8 into 4 into 2 into 1 which sounds excellent... I converted it to fuel injection and LPG too so I can run it without having to sell my house..

Tomanyprojex
26-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Surt you were right mate. This is going to take a while :) Still not going to take it off the road much though. I have bought an SP1 front end to stick on together with the SP1 17" front wheel. It looks standard with the 6 spoke wheel and the suspension is better than the RRY front. The fact that it will look as horny as fuck is purely coincidental of course...

CBRRRT
26-02-2009, 05:08 PM
My goodness me, looks dont even come into it. Safety, function, durability. I hope you have your Hi-vis vest on when you ride out.

What about buying an old hack so you can take it off the road, then sell it on when you're done.

Tomanyprojex
27-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Hey Surt, LPG is Liquified Petroleum Gas or propane. I machined a gas injection manifold and stuck it between the air box and the throttle body. The FI is what they call a junkyard conversion in the US. I used the ECM and throttle body injection off a 1992 GM pickup truck - I machined an adaptor plate so the TBI would fit on the spreadbore Edelbrock manifold. I desoldered the original chip and replaced it with a ZIF socket so I could change the chip anytime I wanted. I have a EEPROM programmer that I use to tune the chips. The retuning I do coz I have an old laptop that I set up as a data logger via the ALDL output on the ECM - it tells me where the fuel needs remapping - The EFI conversion including the laptop etc. cost less than £200 which is now about 8 Euros. I then made from scratch the wiring loom and incorporated the GM sensors O2, coolant temp all that bollox, integrated the alarm immobiliser into the loom along with the electronic control for the LPG system and now it runs brilliantly and sounds like a cross between a NASCAR and a world war 2 bomber. I use it to go snowboarding and stuff - nice to have somewhere to kip without having to pay silly money... Not really a conversation for a streetfighter forum but you asked [:I]

Tomanyprojex
27-02-2009, 02:16 AM
CBRRT, sound advice as usual. Might well go the hack route.

davio
27-02-2009, 08:41 AM
thats alot of trouble every time u need new discs ,,, just go buy some shiny new saw blade discs to suit the vfr wheel it will give u much needed practise in lying/eggagerating/pleading/begging/bribing to your petite chou so u can waste all the rent money on a shiny thing u dont actually need, probably THE most important skill a streetfighter builder needs

CBRRRT
27-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Lie to my wife!!!!! Why I would rather cut out my toung, would'nt I Pumpkin (Just incase you are reading this Poppet)

Jeesh davio what kind of people do you think come on here????

Fight_fan
27-02-2009, 10:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Lie to my wife!!!!! Why I would rather cut out my toung, would'nt I Pumpkin (Just incase you are reading this Poppet)

Jeesh davio what kind of people do you think come on here????

LMFAO! Thats right Jon, tell em mate!
Me, I jst buy parts install em n pretend like I always had them! HAHA! Im like 99% sure my girlfriend kno's coz there is no way im as sly as I'd like to think I am but she humours me n lets me get away with it anyway! ;)[^]

Tomanyprojex
27-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Davio, like the way you think . Only trouble with the VFR discs is they are 14mm smaller than the RRX discs - 196 vs 310. And as for lying to my missus, who is stood behind me, I am totally with Jonny boy on that one. I would rather have my tongue ripped out of my head by a turbo'd spondon GSX that let one false word pass my lips (ahem)...

Now FRUSTRATION. I can't fit the VFR rear because the caliper bracket is missing and no one seems to have one this side of alpha-FUCKING-centauri. I have managed to get hold of a rather lovely SP1 front end which is now going to replace the standard fireblade one. I can't fit this yet though because I stupidly forgot that the front spindle at 22mm IS BIGGER THAN THE FUCKING FIREBLADE/VFR ONE. I am going to have to swap out the bearings and change the centre collar in the VFR wheel so that it will fit. When I do this I might as well send it for powder coating which means that I am going to have to TAKE THE FUCKING TYRE OFF AGAIN.

CBRRRT
28-02-2009, 05:42 AM
All done matey!!:D:D:D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1070716910129284.JPG

For now anyway.[}:)]

Tomanyprojex
28-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Holy fucking shit [:0] that is utterly beautiful! Go out, ride have fun. Me? I think I'm going to have a little cry..

CBRRRT
01-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sure you will too Michel!!

yoda
01-03-2009, 05:36 PM
You take any pics from the front and back mate?
Looks sweet!!

CBRRRT
01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I'll take some and stick them on my thread mate. Thanks for the interest Bud!

Tomanyprojex
02-03-2009, 06:04 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2059485609181.jpg
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys . You have set the 'Blade standard pretty high Jon..

It's been a slow weekend again, waiting for parts to turn up. I'm pretty sure that I will be in a position to do the SP1 front end swap next weekend - if everything shows up like it's supposed to. I managed to find an SP1 front wheel in mint nick so that'll make the front swap easier -but it hasn't arrived yet. The VFR front hoop will go back up on ebay this week, without the liquorice.

Haven't decided whether to stick in the SP discs as they are 10mm bigger than the blade ones. If I use the blade ones tho' I'll have to machine new caliper carriers, which, to be fair, is easy enough but it's all time innit? And why would I go through all the trouble of fabricating new carriers to stick in smaller discs...

Still haven't located a rear caliper bracket for the VFR so I'll machine one next weekend if I haven't found one by then. Bought some HEL hoses for the front brakes. The quality of these hoses is the best I have seen. They are really neatly swaged - I got the black stainless ends and the transparent black cover which looks brilliant. The ends are also orientated properly so no fucking about with awkward twisted hoses. They even have all the rubber sleeves to fit into the original mountings. Nice.

Bleeding the bastards after fitting 'em was the usual ball ache. Although ma petite chou got fully involved and, although she soaked me in brake fluid (..accidentally.....twice?!?!?). It still made it a ton easier.

She is starting to get suspicious about the large lumps of bike which have magically appeared in the garage. I realised that she might have begun to suspect when she said "you have spent a ton of money buying all this stuff for your 'blade haven't you" and started edging toward the knife drawer.....

CBRRRT
02-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Those caliper bracket are as rare as rocking horse shit mate, took me ages to find one. I went to Honda to find out how much a new one would be.....90 quid mate, robbin fuckers. I remember thinking at the time that a nice machiened billet jobby would look the nads. Mate if you want me to take mine off and send it to you to use as a pattern let me know. Its supposed to get colder again over the next week or so, so I'm probbably not going to use the Blade for a while.

Lines look good mate, I had HEL cam link oil lines on my B12, nice finish.

Tomanyprojex
03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Mate if you could do that, It would be great. I'd also like to borrow the special swing arm socket as well if you could. In return I'll make you a bracket as well if you fancy it, or some stainless / aluminum wheel spacers. Whatever...

CBRRRT
04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
No worries mate, send me a PM with your contact details and I will pop them in the post for you.

CBRRRT
04-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Just PM'ed you matey, one other thing mate, make your swing arm spacer 10mm longer than I did. I got a dim of 25mm off the net but the swing arm bolt comes through a bit to much so make yours 35mm matey. :D

CBRRRT
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I'll get it off today mate and shove it in the post with the socket tomorrow.

Tomanyprojex
05-03-2009, 06:36 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83278252363170.JPG

Here are a very beautiful set of SP1 forks. One of the uppers is a bit battered but I is picking up a replacement tomorrow so they will be spanky and new. They are waiting in my garage to be joined in unholy matrimony to the front of my blade. Hopefully this unnatural act of cross breeding will happen this weekend if all the parts turn up.

CBRRRT
05-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Suxeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!

Will they bolt straight on matey?

Tomanyprojex
05-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I've checked the bearing part numbers and done some external measuring. Everything says that they will bolt straight in - it may need a changed top steering bearing but that's pretty much it. I have managed to get hold of an SP1 front wheel but the bloke sent it 5 days delivery :(. I already have the caliper mounts and the 'blade calipers bolt straight on - I'ved checked already. I may have to use the SP1 discs as they are 10mm bigger in diameter. I could machine some new mounts though and just use the blade discs. I don't have the wheel spacers but I will make some nice spanky stainless steel ones. I now have a 17" VFR (94-97) front wheel for sale if anyones interested. Straight bolt in to a 92 - 97 blade. Bearings are perfect, although one dust seal needs replacing. There's a few scratches in the paint but it's not scruffy. I'm happy to make up spacers and redrill discs if any one wants it for a 98 -99 blade

HueyonaBlade
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Matey how many booogooo's for the wheel and postage to Melb.[?][8D]

Tomanyprojex
05-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Huey, I am in the UK.

Although pay the airfare and I'll deliver and fit it personally:D. Coz I would have to bring ma petite chou and the 5 kids I will obviously chuck the wheel in for nothing. Might be acouple of months before we can fly though coz she is about to give birth again in a couple of weeks makes 6...[8D]

If you want I'll take a look at it but I reckon the shipping will be either dog slow or faaaaarkin' expensive. The wheel cost me £100 on ebay but I'd take £90 from anyone on here coz yer all such nice blokes.[8D]

CBRRRT
05-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you missing any parts on your swing arm Matey, coz I still go a few bit and bobs from the other one I brought.

Tomanyprojex
05-03-2009, 08:39 PM
No, I got everything - even a complete spare hub - EXCEPT the caliper mount but I'll sort that this weekend. Although there does seem to be a bush (he he) missing from one of the swingarm pivot bearings. I was going to pick one up at the same time as the fork upper but if you have one lying around...

CBRRRT
05-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I think I have one of those mate, I'll call you to make sure we are talking about the same bit. What about the caliper mounting bracket brace arm, have you got one of those?

CBRRRT
05-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Good to talk to you Mate, I couldnt find the fork legs on ebay so they must have gone last night mate, but as promised the bush will be in the post to you tomorrow.

I'll keep an eye open for a SP1 fork leg Fella.

Tomanyprojex
06-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Bush (he he he)

Nice talking to you too chap. My name is pronounced mi-shell (like the girl's name but we need NEVER say that again...) though not Michael. Even though I don't sound Frrrreeeeeeeeeeeench anymore I still am :D. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

I did feel guilty though, blasting home from work on the lovely dry roads with the front lifting a bit every time I spanked it..

Tomanyprojex
06-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Michelle ma belle...... MICHELLE MA FUCKIN BELLE:( As a french kid growing up in some shithole northern town in England [B)] I FUCKING HATED THAT SONG... But I 'm OK about it now. 1/2 the Beatles are DEAD and there's just 2 more to FUCKING GO:(:(:( Who said Johny Cash and a boy named Sue??? I KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE :( No, NO!! Not now. I'll be good, NO! Those needles FUCKING HURT!!.. Cuuuuntssss... feeling sleeeeeeepppy[|)][|)][|)]

CBRRRT
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
I was in France last year Mi-shell fishing, on the way down we stopped at a small resturant for lunch. I asked the waiter if he had frogs legs, he said "Wee monsure" that means "yes sir" in French, I said right then hop over that counter and make me a cheese sandwich.

Dont speek french Surt, mate by 11 oclock tonight after I've had a few beer I'll struggle with English.

"Ya fugun ruzki bwassstd" Hik***

Tomanyprojex
06-03-2009, 06:30 AM
CBRRRT Je peux te dire franchement, que temps en temps les mecs anglais me faisent chier avec leur petites blagues... Cuisses de grenouille??? Vraiment??? Mort de rire... Je crois pas.... On as aussi de blagues chez nous. Par example, qu'est-ce qui sépare nous, les francais, des animaux? La Manche!!... Allons enfant de la patrie etc etc etc... [:0]....

Tomanyprojex
06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Surt funny you are... a translator you are not ;)

CBRRRT
06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Surt, you tell that French fucker I'll chuck him in the ingriss chanl if he's not careful. LMFARO.

CBRRRT
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
An Englishman is having breakfast in Paris one morning (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when a Frenchman chewing bubble-gum, sits down next to him. The Englishman ignores the Frenchman who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

Frenchman: 'You English folk eat the whole bread??'

Englishman (in a bad mood): 'Of course.'

Frenchman: (after blowing a huge bubble) 'We don't. In France , we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to England .' The Frenchman has a smirk on his face.

The Englishman listens in silence.

The Frenchman persists: 'Do you eat jam with the bread??'

Englishman: 'Of Course.'

Frenchman: (cracking his bubble-gum between his teeth and chuckling).

'We don't. In France we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam, and sell the jam to England .'

After a moment of silence, The Englishman then asks: 'Do you have sex in France ?'

Frenchman: 'Why of course we do', he says with a big smirk.

Englishman: 'And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?'

Frenchman: 'We throw them away, of course.'

Englishman: 'We don't. In England , we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into bubble-gum, and sell them to France .'

Tomanyprojex
06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
;);););)

HueyonaBlade
06-03-2009, 09:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

An Englishman is having breakfast in Paris one morning (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when a Frenchman chewing bubble-gum, sits down next to him. The Englishman ignores the Frenchman who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

Frenchman: 'You English folk eat the whole bread??'

Englishman (in a bad mood): 'Of course.'

Frenchman: (after blowing a huge bubble) 'We don't. In France , we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to England .' The Frenchman has a smirk on his face.

The Englishman listens in silence.

The Frenchman persists: 'Do you eat jam with the bread??'

Englishman: 'Of Course.'

Frenchman: (cracking his bubble-gum between his teeth and chuckling).

'We don't. In France we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam, and sell the jam to England .'

After a moment of silence, The Englishman then asks: 'Do you have sex in France ?'

Frenchman: 'Why of course we do', he says with a big smirk.

Englishman: 'And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?'

Frenchman: 'We throw them away, of course.'

Englishman: 'We don't. In England , we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into bubble-gum, and sell them to France .'

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104173994825719.jpg

dus gold Jerry:D

Tomanyprojex
07-03-2009, 01:30 AM
You can't persecute me I'm an effnic minority innit..

Tomanyprojex
09-03-2009, 11:30 PM
One of the fork uppers on the SP1 front end is damaged. I knew that when I bought it. The cost for a replacement is £170. Choked on that a bit but now Honda reckon it won't be delivered till mid April[:0]. Can't wait that long to do something so back to plan A for the 17" front wheel conversion. I picked up a knackered vfr disc this morning to sort out a jig to re drill my 330mm discs to fit onto the VFR wheel. I'll then knock up some new spacers and stick the front wheel in till honda get me a replacement for the fork tube then on goes the SP1 front end WOOT!

Tomanyprojex
09-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Also hoooooge vote for CBRRRT as a top bloke. Stripped off his rear caliper mount and sent it to me to measure up for a billet version. Also included the swing arm tool so I could copy it. Totally top bloke[^][^][^][^][^]

CBRRRT
10-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Awwwwwwwww Shucks mate, [:I] Dawwwwwwwwwww [:I]

All jokes aside mate, your welcome. Anything else in a non sexual way you need just ask. :)

CBRRRT
10-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Just a thought mate, could the fork upper be ally welded then stuck in a lathe and taken back to profile then powder coated. Or would the heat from the welding alter the fork metal in some way?

Tomanyprojex
10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Its a good thought - it could probably be anodised too after that. The bore is slightly distorted so the only thing then would be to have it bored by a gunmaker. Its not a bad thought. I'll have to look into it.

CBRRRT
10-03-2009, 07:13 AM
If the springs are not a tight fit would it be a problem, or are they a tight fit?

Perhaps you could turn down a lump of stainless steel to the inside dia of the fork leg with a rounded off end then force it through the leg to push it out from the inside, apply a bit of heat to help it take the shape.

Would that work, I dont know!

Tomanyprojex
11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
I must admit I was thinking of machining a plug to force through it. I don't think that the stanchions slide up that far so it shouldn't be critical in terms of bore diameter. The only issue is distortion from the welding, preheating (to 800C.. fuck!) and cooling - this could occur anywhere really - so getting the bore checked would be pretty critical.

Did yer bits turn up yet?[?]

CBRRRT
11-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Yes thanks matey, they arrived this afternoon. I did wonder if the heat from the welding would be a problem, perhaps you could force a plug through it then fill the out side of the leg then get both tubes 2 packed.

Dont know if I'm talking through my arse, just bouncing a few problem solving ideas about.

Tomanyprojex
12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Mate, with the price of a replacement and the wait, I'm happy to try stuff! I'd rather get them anodised than 2 packed. Won't have problems getting the yokes on then. Titanium looks good...

Got some ace Gilles rearsets for the blade on fleabay the other day, they arrived this morning. The bloke had misspelled them Gillies so there were no other takers. A snip at £90 compared to £300+ normally[^]. The end of one peg is scuffed so I'll turn both pegs flat at the end, drill and tap them and put some delrin crash buttons in. Should look trick. Hoping to get at the lathe tonight. If I do I'll post some pictures....

CBRRRT
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
YUM! Yes please!

CBRRRT
12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh and your a spawney git on the rear set front, but you know that dont you lol.

Tomanyprojex
12-03-2009, 09:20 AM
He he, certainly do... Stuck em on this evening, they are fookin' trick! The machining will have to wait till the weekend. Ma petite chou had me doing other stuff so only had time to chuck on the rearsets. Got a lot to do this weekend. Want to sort the 17" front wheel. Got everyhing I need to stick on the VFR wheel while I sort the SP1 front. Need to make the wheel spacers and re drill the CBR discs and do the damaged peg. Be nice to do some creating finally though...

CBRRRT
12-03-2009, 09:43 AM
What le fuck, you know la score Mi-shell, photos or it didnt happen.

Bonnet du duche!!

Tomanyprojex
12-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Photos indeed.. I'll sort em this evening. SP1 fork tube turned up at the dealers today which is class. I'll pick it up later and get it rebuilt tomorrow. Just need the clip ons and make the spacers then on it goes! I'll need to get some SP1 discs too - they are 10mm bigger. There's a set on ebay but I've spent up for a couple of weeks - running the blade ones for a week or 2 won't do any harm.. I hope.

Managed to make a dick of myself. Put on the rear sets late last night. Didn't bother checking anything. Got the bike out ready to go to work. Rear brake pedal in a position only useable by contortionist orang utans and the brake light was stuck on [V]. Bit of sweary mary type behaviour and it was sorted. Set off to work then 5 miles down the road I lost the gear change... I'd forgotten to tighten the pinch bolt on the gear change and it had dropped out and the linkage fell off.:( A LOT more sweary mary behaviour, then jammed it back on with a stick I found next to the road and limped home in third, much to the amusement of ma petite chou who was stood outside the house.[:I]

CBRRRT
13-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Dont forget to lock tight everything mate you dont want le fuckin things dropping off in mid flight.

Tomanyprojex
14-03-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41709457554082.JPG

Hey Jon, the bush (he he he) you sent turned up yesterday and it's perfect. Cheers, mate.

Here we have a right side gilles rearset in lovely nick. It went on fine and looks cool but the brake pedal is still miles out - need to extend the adjuster - and the brake light switch needs a longer spring...

Bike needs a wash again[:I]

Tomanyprojex
14-03-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41709457573120.JPG

The left one is a bit knackered as it has clearly been up the road. It's straight though. I rang up performance parts ltd to get a quote for the heel protector and they wanted £42 ex vat, the bastards. I didn't even ask about the peg. So its back to the delrin button plan.

I paid for the heel protector, the annoying thing is that it's a cheap piece of epoxy with a bit of carbon weave stuck on each side. What a fucking frog mug (as Surt would say) I am...

This side needs wash too.. That's what a thousand miles a month gets ya I guess..

Tomanyprojex
14-03-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41709476819288.jpg

Here is the top of th left hand leg of the SP1 forks I have to go on the blade. It is dented where the clip on has hit the ground and been forced around. There was a steel circlip in the groove below the top yoke to retain the clip on and this has contributed to the damage. Fortunately Mr Honda supplied a replacement at a fairly horrific cost, which I will fit over the weekend.

The SP1 wheels have turned up too. I only wanted a front but I ended up having to buy a pair. I'll either work out how to stick it into the blade swing arm (it's 6" wide and designed for a 190 rear) or sell it. I kinda like the idea of having interchangeable back ends. An SSSA and a fat 190 would be cool I think. I'd only be able to do this if I forget the underseat route though..

I saw this ultra stubby end can on ebay and like the way it'll look http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220371251549 . It is farking expensive so I'll work out how the internal baffling works and make one.

I want the end result to be a recognisable late 90s blade but with plenty of "what the fuck is that off?" features.. I'll probably change my mind about 50 times though..

CBRRRT
15-03-2009, 01:14 AM
I did away with the break light spring and stuck on a hydraulic switch taht works off the rear master cylinder, I think it was about a tenna on ebay.

I like the idea of the stubby and I think you will be able to come up with something cool, just chop the can you have and shorten it down.

If you get a 1993 VFR rear wheel (5.5J) you can chuck a 190 section back wheel on it, I have the 5.5J and stuck a 180 on but there is room between the swing arm to go bigger next time.

There are some real nice after market heel protectors on ebay and you would probably pay what you just did for a pair.

That fuckin bush took a long while to get to you, I sent it ages ago. Fuckin post office.

Anyway mate, progress is looking good and nice to see a few photos posted on here too, keep em comming Fella.

Bonjor!!

Tomanyprojex
15-03-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41709669333075.JPG

Okey dokey. While waiting for my SP1 bits to come I decided to do the 17 inch vfr front wheel conversion. Seen a lot of bullshit talked about putting these on 98 / 99 'blades so I thought I'd find out proper like. First things first. The discs are not drilled the same and I don't want to go down the "use the original 10mm smaller VFR discs and spacer your calipers coz the tracks wider". No, I am going to do this properly. First up make a drilling jig for the discs. Started with a 100mm ish ali disc and stuck it in the lathe...