PDA

View Full Version : ZX10 07

lizard
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
G'day Lizard here asking for help with my 10. I need an exhaust servo eliminater for my new setup.Im sure you people may be able to help thanks

Benz
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4939833&showprevnext=1
Stu, a quick search brought this up. Not cheap though, as if anything is anymore...... It looks like there is some circuitry in a small waterproof casing.
Maybe someone here knows what is actually inside.......

Benz
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Once all the bolts are off, head over to the left side of the bike. Looking in the middle of the bike, follow the canister to the mid-pipe. About 5 inches forward and you will see the New #TEV (#onda Titanium Exhaust Valve). There are two cables running into the Valve. These Cables run Through the Middle of the Bike over to the left side, where the Servo Motor is located. Just above the Countershaft Sprocket. This is a little motor with a Gold Wheel.

You will need to rotate this wheel to remove the cables. The key is, when you are done, this wheel MUST be rotated Back to the Zero Position which is where it is Right Now. If not the EFI Warning light will stay on, since the bike will “THINK” there is a malfunction. So, we recommend taking a black marker, and making a little mark on the wheel and the Servo Motor, so you know where rotate the wheel back to the “Zero” position is when you are done. Simple and easy.

Now, Go back to the #TEV, and Unscrew the Cover, so as to get access to the Cable Ends.
10mm wrench will lose the nuts. Once they are lose, the bottom cable is spring loaded. Just push back on it, and pull and it will pop right off. Once this is done, it’s easy to remove the other cable.
Once Both cables are off on that end, you need to go back to the servo motor and remove them off the gold wheel. Some of you lazy buts, might not do this. But, since you are taking a chance the cables get hung up, we recommend taking them all the way off.

The Wheel has little grooves that will allow you do pop the ends straight down. One at a time. Once the cables are disconnected, slowly pull them from the #TEV end out completely removing them from the bike.

Now rotate the Gold Wheel on the Servo Back so the Two Black Marks you made align up. Thus putting it back in the “Zero” Position.

Copied from a #onda/aftermarket exhaust site, hopefully this gives you what you need to know mate
To me, it looks like if you were to take a resistance reading from the terminals on the servo motor,[with the motor in the "zero position"] and replace the motor with the appropriate resistor, your EFI warning light will stay off.Or you could try the above, and just leave the motor in place, in the "zero position".
EXBEN, LARGE, what do you reckon??