PDA

View Full Version : This is what you have been waiting for !!!!

karitsu
24-01-2009, 12:32 AM
well as promised, a lot of people waiting to see it.. this is a unique silencer, took a lot of hard bleddy work and development, but you wont see another like it.. it will sell from $695 - $795 which is a gift.. here in a brushed satin stainless, universal to fit any bike, but once i start specific fitments, it will be the higher price... there will be variations of it, but this is an exclusive, no one else has seen this yet.. MC news want to see it and review it as does several other magazines.... hope you like it details on www.sidekickperformance.com

karitsu
24-01-2009, 12:34 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/206421036352117.jpg

and here it is!!!

zx12argh
24-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Looks tasty dave. :D When you say its a silencer - how silent are we talking here?

miniman1
24-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Duznt look like it'd silence at all!

But who cares when it looks that sexy!!

BANDITROD
24-01-2009, 05:33 AM
thats what i have been waiting for mate

sharky
24-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Don't know if I am missing something but it looks just like an aftermarket GP style exhaust....Sorry mate I was expecting something 'unique' :(

Tony Nitrous
24-01-2009, 09:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Don't know if I am missing something but it looks just like an aftermarket GP style exhaust....Sorry mate I was expecting something 'unique' :(

Looks similar to a Yoshi R55 ?
but thats bike specific, link pipe, baffle, etc and only a couple
of 100 buck's dearer if bought direct from the US.

Not sure how a pipe can be suitable for everything from a GSX600 to Hayabusa.
Didn't think pipe design was "one size fits all?"

Not trying to shoot you down Dave,
but if its not legal, not a bolt-on, not a famous name,
no garanteed performance gains and not bike specific,
not amazingly cheap.......whats the big deal ?

Put me in my place and educate me Mate....;)

RUSS M8
24-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Think the only thing bike specific about a Yoshi slip on is the link pipe. The muffler is a "fits all" kinda thing. And hopefully it gains HP... maybe... :)

karitsu
24-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok, first off thanks for the kick in the teeth, guys.... NO it wont silence anything, as this is a body only no baffle inside, it is a demonstration piece for photos only, so you right it wont silence anything..

secondly, to the un trained eye, yes it looks like a gp can, as it wouldnt be called a gp can.... i have spent 6 months hard work developing this, your average run of the mill "gp" cans are basically a cone with a tapered end, this has no less than 10 tapered, offset bends,

put it this way , 10 years ago people who moaning cos pipes were cut short and decreased the tuned length of an exhaust, now they put a slash cut on the end of a sports bike and people think its something New!!

Sidekcick have been established for over 10 years, everything I made has blown the "big names " out of the field for performance and build quality, there are of course the exceptions..

maybe i gave people a bit of a leash, when i said one fits all, i thought streetfighters were about making things fit your bike, well ok, i will make it fit one bike and take it from there, on the rolling road etc, yes you are correct, all that stuff helps sales, thanks.. i think it needs to be seen on a bike, and i aint askin for volunteers... haaa ha

this would fit a hayabusa "IF" you had the pipework to suit. the inside is the correct running length to produce both excelleration , through mid range to top end, no matter what the outside looks like , it about the bore size and length

at the end of the day, I do appreciate the comments, id rather hear it form you guys than the magazines, who can make or break a product... it is aimed at people who want something different and apreciate the cost and quality,,,

slip
24-01-2009, 12:55 PM
If anything, get a graphic designer to do up your advertising. Totally affects peoples perception of a product in general. Professional polished promo material makes a big difference.

sharky
24-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Wasn't knocking the workmanship....just you said it would be 'unique'...to me its just a different style of gp exhaust.

RED ZX
24-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I 100% agree with slip on this one, I think the advert ruins the product. And I think people would like shots of it from a different angle, or even better, on a bike!

I can see the work that has gone into the pipe, but I feel it is being poorly displayed.

Tony Nitrous
24-01-2009, 03:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by karitsu

this would fit a hayabusa "IF" you had the pipework to suit. the inside is the correct running length to produce both excelleration , through mid range to top end, no matter what the outside looks like , it about the bore size and length

Dave, (I wasnt trying to be a smart-arse)
what I was trying to ask was if a pipe is classed as "universal"
or "can be adapted to fit" is it as good as something that is
much more model specific ?

With common CC's being from 600 to 1300cc, and engine types from
thumpy twins to screaming 4's, wouldnt things like bore size ?
Back preasure ? tuned length ? flow rates ? etc need to vary ?
I suppose if its a big-bore open can, then its the same on anything ?

I think the reason that stuby pipes work better and are more popular
now than years a go, is that many bikes now run cat-converters,
baffled link pipes or Exup valves, so they are not really running
an open system like years a go.....
....which might be an answer to my first question....;)

.....or am I just miles off track ?

BANDITROD
26-01-2009, 01:36 PM
i dont give a fuck what everyone else reckons i like that alot mate

Benz
26-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Well, I know it would work well for a turbo bike.:D

revken
28-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd love to see a side-on pic of it. Looks good so far

_M_
28-01-2009, 07:22 PM
lets see it on a bike, cause has been stated a non-baffled shorty muffler goes for around $150 or like my hotbodies slash cut for $70, so a non-baffled shorty muffler for $6 - 700 doesn't appeal, without proven performance gains or a completely unique sexy look.

makaveli650
01-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Looks wicked. A little up on price however thats the quality costs.

Ansen
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
If in doubt post a tube