PDA

View Full Version : Surt's Honda Civic Cafe Racer! (Russia)

Pages : [1] 2

Gix11
19-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Here's a mad one from a mad character as well. He goes by the name of Surt in his email (which I'm sure is meant to be Surtr), how do I know that? Because he claims to come from the realm of Múspellsheim (a norse mythological realm of fire). Anyway, here's his story....

"A 100% HOME-MADE Cafe-racer/street-fighter with Honda Civic 1335 engine and a home-made transmission. Specs: Engine: Inline four-cylinder 4-stroke SOHC 8 valves 1335cc 69hp; Bore & Stroke 72x82; Compression Ratio 8.8; Liquid cooled, carburated Transmission: 4-speed home-made, 3 shafts from Ural; Primary drive two 2-rowed chains; a single disc. dry type clutch, a home-made slave clutch cylinder; Final Drive 525 Chain (from Honda CBR600RR). Rake and Trail:24°/100mm. Wheel Base: 1485mm Frame: a home-made full duplex type. Seat Height: 850mm. Front Suspension: Modified Ural forks, Home-made tripples, 130mm. Rear Suspension: a home-made swing arm and a monoshock (made from Honda City shock-adsorber and a spring from some Accord), full-float, 135 mm Front Brake: a home-made 390mm rotor. Rear Brake: a home-made 246mm disc. Front wheel: home-made with 120/70-16 tyre. Rear wheel: home-made with 170/70-15 tyre. Fuel Capacity: 20l, a modified tank. Dry Weight: appr. 213kg, 49% front & 51% rear wheel weight ratio. It took 4 years and $1000 to build the bike. Also I had to get employed in a military plant to have a way to their equipment. Now the bike is being converted (by me, sure) into fuel injection, EDIS and turbocharged. Also now I'm out to emigrate to Australia, therefore looking for job opportunities in a custom bike building shop."

This guy is talented and probably slightly mad. I like it.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/541651828127974.jpg

Benz
20-01-2009, 01:35 AM
That's a hell of a lot of work for 69 horsies.
Yeah I think "a bit mad" covers it nicely!

fimpBIKES
20-01-2009, 04:40 AM
definitely the sort of guy i'd like to get pissed with and talk shit with at an AFR!

thats insane, but for some reason i demand MORE PICS :D

Large
20-01-2009, 06:49 AM
biggest fork brace I've ever seen

Weaselman
20-01-2009, 06:55 AM
the man has issues but i like it

zx12argh
20-01-2009, 12:16 PM
ha ha he should have kept it front wheel drive and auto. Thats just plain kooky. Can't wait to see the blown variant :D

Cruisecontrol
20-01-2009, 12:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

biggest fork brace I've ever seen

Considering the strands of spaghetti he is using as forks, he needs all the help he can get.

Zbike
20-01-2009, 11:53 PM
thats mental.

I wonder if i could do the same with my mazda 121 engine

Surt
21-01-2009, 02:11 AM
G'day mates! Yep I'm Surt, or Surtur, or Surtr, or even Chort, in different toungues. The Naglfar is mine. Actually, my head is in Muspelheim and my feet in Russia.
Sure, I'd rather use some V6 3.5l, but the Civic engine was what I had by my hand (and I've still got two more, sure I have some ideas on using them). When I saw it first time I wondered: hell, it's so small, I'll set it on a bike. 69bhp you say, there torque rules in the street! Building a custom bike with a bike engine is much easier, still not so tough. I'm crazy about 'autocycles' as we call them in Russia.
And it's quite easy to build a bike like mine with a HARLEY transmission, but I've made it myself on a CHC machines and lathes. A shift drum was the hardest part, I worked it out with a drill and files.
Don't blame me for using spaghetti forks, I was too short of money those days (and I didn't plan any turbo). Now I gonna use buell forks and wheels, a busa radiator, a ducati monoshock and links, also I'm gonna make an alu tank and new titanium swingarm.
Having a hobby ain't being lunatic, waitin' round to be a millionaire is what really makes me mad!
More pics here:
http://foto.rambler.ru/users/rafrrirr/2/

porky gsxr
21-01-2009, 04:02 AM
wot drugs were you on when you thought of this?? and will you share them? hat off to you surts!

customfighterer
21-01-2009, 08:12 AM
very cool. thats interesting. Tail section is nice! good work!

Weaselman
21-01-2009, 01:21 PM
you need to call it the Honad

Surt
23-01-2009, 01:36 AM
honad? what's that? her name is Naglfar - Honda Evil (comes from civic). The tail is made from alu with ti-cover, a led tail light, a stop light, and blinkers. its weight 1250g, its subframe weight's 2kg, the bloody frame spoils the pic. Outta weld a titanium one some day. Drugs? Why drugs?! Turn on death metal and start working!!!:D

Gix11
23-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Got any more photos mate?

Surt
24-01-2009, 06:15 AM
You mean, more than one or new pics on http://foto.rambler.ru/users/rafrrirr/2/ ? Right now the bike's taken apart in my room. The IC's redone and polished. Finishing with the intake (skunk sucks!:)), started with a new titanium header and an alu tank (have to made an english wheel first). I'll make some photos next week.
Would anybody explain what "kooky" means?

Benz
24-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Kooky means a bit "pleasantly silly"
I went to your photo site Surt. I'm impressed with the amount of engineering you've put into this project mate. An amazing amount of effort.Congrats.
How much torque does the #onda engine make?

jakelive
25-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Respect,,,nuf said

Jake

jakelive
25-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Respect,,,nuf said

Jake

Pommy Chopper
25-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Bloody nice!!
I Fackin' love it!!

If you are coming to Brisbane and want a job....phone or email me!!!

Cheers.

Surt
26-01-2009, 02:37 AM
I'll dyno her when I turbo her... Her original torque is unknown (no data from honda). But I've found an info on honda jazz, it has 110 N·m (81 lbf·ft) @ 2800 rpm, I believe mine's got smth around that... Thanks pommychopper, I'd really love to join when I become a new chum :). I've seen and pretty liked yer bikes and trikes, especially impressed with their quantity, as well as quality, they usually take every minute you have and still years and years. Thanks everyone mates!

CBRRRT
29-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Si, email the guy back and get him on here, there are a few things I want to say to the man.

Mate, stick some more photos on here from both sides of the bike. I would love to see the other side and check out the transmition on that civic engine. Hats off to you matey boy, you really did the do on this one fella. I dont know anyone thats done a simmilar project.

What inspired you?

I once had a dream about peeling a potatoe with a laser.

I figured if I worked out the volume of the potatoe, then suspended it in a sphere under vacume, and fired a laser beam at it from all angles and calculated the distance/length of the beam so no matter at what angle I fired it at the potatoe, I could add say 2mm to the length of the beam it would remove just enough of the outer skin so only the inner was left.

I would have a perfecly peeled potatoe.

I never did do anything about that idea, but you, ya mad bastard..........................

Surt
29-01-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104221410162720.jpg

Here's the right side of the bike. Its primary was made on CNC from magnesium, so it weighs nothing... The original flywheel was replaced with a custom sprocket and the bike flywheel (and the clutch basket) is on the other side of the 2nd sprocket shaft, that spins on two ball-bearings. Usually, as in Harley, a flywheel (and a basket) is on the same side, being a trans pulley (or a sprocket), but I've made it mine way to deminish loads on the shaft and to narrow the width (the primary is just 60 mm wide and what about Harley's?:))

What inspired me? Well, Friedl Munch's Mammuts firstly (I didn't dream to have mine turboed when I started:)), then Munch Mammut 2000. I'm gonna skin it! They say it costs $80000, has 260 horsies and dry weight 350+kg... Well, mine gonna cost me $3000 more when f.i., turboed (and water-methanol injection too), plus decent parts from buell, ducati and honda bikes. Gotta replace the primary chains with 2" belt, they've stretched out too fast and are too heavy. Also I account to reap 145 bhp at 6000@ at 12psi and smwh 180bhp at 15psi at the same rpm (not sure if I need it:)). The problem is the engine is too old, so I have to make the intake manifold myself (it gonna cost me as some OBX or Skunk manifold...). I mean, an OEM B16 manifold costs $0.01 on e-bay (I bought a throttle body with sensors for that sum and added $10 to make a seller happy), also it's impossible to find 72mm forged pistons (I've seen just 73mm from ...honda jazz, if I remember that right).

Surt
29-01-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104221420367373.jpg

Here's the primary drive. When covered with titanuim cover, it's filled with trans oil (as well as the ball-bearings box). The eccentric tensioner is home-made auch :).

CBRRRT
29-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Got to hand it to you mate, you are one clever bloke [:0]. Not only do you problem solve you make the part to solve the problem [8D], and that is impressive. What is the shock from mate, and did you build your own swing arm?

Not seen anything like those wheels either, what they off mate. Question after question, sorry mate but like I said, never seen anytrhing like it before.

Harry
29-01-2009, 09:32 PM
thats a pretty mean bit of work surt,is that swingarm tuff enough ?
just looks a bit light, either way im sure its the only one on the planet! GOOD STUFF:)

Surt
30-01-2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17740636759660.jpg

Yeah mates, as it written in the 1st post by Gix11, every bloody thing is home-made.
The swingarm is made of 45x25x2mm square tubing and has aluminium pieces inserted into either end of it, its weight is 7kg, it's triangular and trapeze profiles, like your Sydney's hanger :), so it's very rigid.
Wheels, I saw their design on some bonneville bike in a 'zine. Wheels rims are from some audi spares; discs and hubs are billet of arti-aged super-puper alu alloy. The front disc (390mm, bigger than buell's)is made from heat-treated high carbon steel (the same as for files, HRC58-60), and the rear one is cast iron, made from a car flywheel :). the wheels are extra f*cking rigid and not too heavy, the front wheel weight's 13kg (with a tyre and the rotor, the same as ninja 900's, the rear wheel I can weigh later...). Actually I made them for another bike, as a rear wheel and a side car wheel, but when I needed wheels for THIS bike, I just grabbed 'em (had no e-bay, nor even i-net those days, the stone age just five year ago :()
The shock is a 80mm shortened honda city's, and as its spring was too soft, I picked up a spring from honda accord with two levers susp. The upper cup is custom-made of the same super alloy :).
Hey CBRRRT, have you finished your vfr swingarm swap? I have one as well, gonna check out if it's right or wrong :)

Surt
30-01-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17740636765009.jpg

The front wheel... Don't laugh at a single piston caliper. I've modified one to fit the inverted rotor. Could made a multy pistons caliper, yet hadn't enough weed...

CBRRRT
30-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes mate, the VFR arm went in a while back. All working fine and dany thanks mate. There is information on my thread as to the right and wrong one to use on a blade, but i think you could pull one off a scooter and not only make it fit, but make it ten times better. My main focus is to get it finished at the moment, well I say finished but as you know mate next year something some other clever fucker will catch my eye and I'll end up pulling it apart again.

You are a clever and inovative bloke mate and its good to read about what you have done and how you did it. Keep it coming mate.

Jon

Harry
30-01-2009, 10:49 PM
surt wat size rubber are you putting on this animal ? just to get
some sort of idea on how its going to handle..or are you 9ft tall and 15 stone with a win in power lifting to pull it around ?

Surt
31-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks a lot Jon, just don't make me blush [:0]. In fact, I bought it to re-sell (I myself find 'em too heavy... apr. 20kg is more than enough for a frame and a swingarm together to my mind... looking beautiful, though). They are pretty expensive up here, but the problem is one should have hands growing from a proper place, not from an arse, so if a bloke has ‘em right ones, he’d be probably able to find a s.s. swingarm himself. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be able to swap it. Resuming, the swingarm’s tossed into my garage… :)
Also, something’s eating me. Have seen on e-bay a VFR800 swingarm with a CBR wheel… How that is can be possible, can’t get it?!

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/38634237369819.jpg

Surt
31-01-2009, 07:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Harry

some sort of idea on how its going to handle..or are you 9ft tall and 15 stone with a win in power lifting to pull it around ?

Harry it looks bigger, than in life. 120/80x16'', that's all. The cheapest chinese rubber I could get. The bloody wheelers-dealers sell a decent tire for US$200+ up here :(. Also, bike weight is apr.213 kg, less than CB1300's!
Sometimes, however, I AM 9 foot tall, pounding with stones and banishing with a sword of fire [}:)]

Surt
31-01-2009, 08:04 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/38634237367040.jpg

Yeah, the story of my life, mine's obviously not right type... Perhaps, it would be possible to fix the dog-bones outside the frame (or the engine) bracket?

Harry
31-01-2009, 09:43 AM
well thats interesting mate due to the fact that i have a cb1300s in my toy collection...it is a tad heavy but i wanted that for long distance and to push though bad weather (inchs of water on roads) and the odd cat/small dog..ha.although good enough to round up boy racer's[}:)]
quote:Originally posted by Surt

Harry it looks bigger, than in life. 120/80x16'', that's all. The cheapest chinese rubber I could get. The bloody wheelers-dealers sell a decent tire for US$200+ up here :(. Also, bike weight is apr.213 kg, less than CB1300's!
Sometimes, however, I AM 9 foot tall, pounding with stones and banishing with a sword of fire [}:)]

chopaweeza
31-01-2009, 11:09 AM
A cousin of mine with a bike shop in central Norway was after someone last year that had good fabrication skills. Shot him a link to this thread when I saw the work thats gone into the bike . He already has the job filled but commented that if he still had a vacancy he'd be calling you about imigrating . Timing I guess .

On a personal note . Great bush engineering and a true credit that you have made something decent out of a bunch of car parts . I take my hat off to you .

Surt
31-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks chopaweeza for the personal note :). Gonna keep bush engineering further. I like putting big things into small holes. Like to make some jumping V10 two-wheeler some time. By the way, I'm goin' down under, no Central Norway, hate snow and skiing, making bush-fires that's what I like! Thanks for your support anyway mate.

Tony OW31
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Probably going to get flamed here, but I hate it. Bikes to me are supposed to be good to ride.
There is no doubt that the guy has a good imagination and/or dealer, and the skills to put it all in to practice, but why all the effort for something that would be scary to ride, and I don't mean Hayabusa turbo type scary, I mean 'oh fuck I'm going to die type scary'.
24 degrees rake and 100m of trail, coupled with a 16" wheel and no steering damper[:0]
How many of you on here could honestly say they would like to ride it? I mean properly ride it for a few hundred k's, around corners n stuff, not a quick 5 minute run round the block.
I would much rather ride that bobbed R6 abomination that was bagged by everyone on here than that.
Maybe I just don't get it, but why not put that same amount of skill effort in to something that would be good to ride? because at the end of the day it is about the riding isn't it?

bluemk1
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31
because at the end of the day it is about the riding isn't it?

get the fu....

oh wait i agree :D

but i guess its the same as sticking fat wheels and tyres on bikes. some people like it but i dont see the point of it other than it looks cool. but like you said, at the end of the day isnt it about how it rides?

edit: i wouldnt say i hate it as such as that is harsh or even go as far as sayin g i would ride the pukester but i get your drift.
hell some guys even like riding choppers [:0]
i guess it comes down to personal tastes

Surt
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM

Probably going to get flamed here, but I hate it. Bikes to me are supposed to be good to ride.
There is no doubt that the guy has a good imagination and/or dealer, and the skills to put it all in to practice, but why all the effort for something that would be scary to ride, and I don't mean Hayabusa turbo type scary, I mean 'oh fuck I'm going to die type scary'.
24 degrees rake and 100m of trail, coupled with a 16" wheel and no steering damper[:0]
How many of you on here could honestly say they would like to ride it? I mean properly ride it for a few hundred k's, around corners n stuff, not a quick 5 minute run round the block.
I would much rather ride that bobbed R6 abomination that was bagged by everyone on here than that.
Maybe I just don't get it, but why not put that same amount of skill effort in to something that would be good to ride? because at the end of the day it is about the riding isn't it?

No shit, the bike needs a damper and 17'' wheels and gonna have 'em, do you mates think it's hard to do, don't ya? The point is I can do anything with this bike, any rake/trail, wheelbase, swingarm lenght, seat height, and so on and on. Just torturing oem bikes ain't no fun to me at all. And I wouldn't let you ride it until I have big quid advance compensation in my pocket either... And after all if one is outta ride hours and hundreds k's, one should get oneself a goldwing :D

[}:)]

Tony OW31
01-02-2009, 05:47 PM

No shit, the bike needs a damper and 17'' wheels and gonna have 'em, do you mates think it's hard to do, don't ya? The point is I can do anything with this bike, any rake/trail, wheelbase, swingarm lenght, seat height, and so on and on. Just torturing oem bikes ain't no fun to me at all. And I wouldn't let you ride it until I have big quid advance compensation in my pocket either... And after all if one is outta ride hours and hundreds k's, one should get oneself a goldwing :D

Not really knocking you, I just didn't understand why, but seeing as you don't like riding very much, I now know why.

CBRRRT
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I don’t get choppers and trikes, but as far as the engineering skills that go into building them I admire the men and woman that have the talent to build them.

The world biker build off was shown on The Discovery Channel a while back and there was this guy from Oz that built this bike and then made wooden forms and beat aluminium plate to wrap the bike in. Every part had to be perfect because there was no filler and no paint involved. The guy pushed the boundary’s that little bit further, rather than take the easy option and go with yet another V twin that we’ve seen again and again.

I don’t think for one moment this bike is going to go into a full production run. I think it’s a platform to show what can be done with a little imagination, determination, innovation, enthusiasm, and let’s face it a splash of madness.

Imagine what the world would be like if there was only one brand of bike, one colour, one engine size, and was identical to every other bike on the planet. Imagine it was strictly forbidden to do any modifications. I wonder how many people would be passionate about biking then.

As much as I think the guy has the freedom to build what’s in his head and show it on here, you have the freedom to say what’s in your head and show it on here without being flamed. That’s what I love about this site, “Freedom of expression” and that may be in a build, and or, an opinion.

I’m glad we are all so different because it keeps the manufacturers research and development departments coming up with new stuff all the time that we can rip apart and add to our own machines.

Over the last few years there has been a slight shift in motorcycle manufacturing and the big guys are now mass producing “Streetfighters” Ducati, Triumph, Kawasaki. Where did they get that idea from I wonder, I would think mad fuckers like Surt. Only difference is they have millions of dollars to smooth the rough edges out and add costly injection moulded plastics.

Its people like Surt that keeps them thinking, and people like you that don’t quite get it that keep’s them asking why, how and what if.

Good on the pair of you, because like it or not you are more alike than you think, you both keep the thought process going forward.

I for one am up for forward thinking. :D:D:D:D

Surt
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I do like riding, just gotta get out of traffic...

Surt
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

I don’t get choppers and trikes, but as far as the engineering skills that go into building them I admire the men and woman that have the talent to build them.

The world biker build off was shown on The Discovery Channel a while back and there was this guy from Oz that built this bike and then made wooden forms and beat aluminium plate to wrap the bike in. Every part had to be perfect because there was no filler and no paint involved. The guy pushed the boundary’s that little bit further, rather than take the easy option and go with yet another V twin that we’ve seen again and again.

I don’t think for one moment this bike is going to go into a full production run. I think it’s a platform to show what can be done with a little imagination, determination, innovation, enthusiasm, and let’s face it a splash of madness.

Imagine what the world would be like if there was only one brand of bike, one colour, one engine size, and was identical to every other bike on the planet. Imagine it was strictly forbidden to do any modifications. I wonder how many people would be passionate about biking then.

As much as I think the guy has the freedom to build what’s in his head and show it on here, you have the freedom to say what’s in your head and show it on here without being flamed. That’s what I love about this site, “Freedom of expression” and that may be in a build, and or, an opinion.

I’m glad we are all so different because it keeps the manufacturers research and development departments coming up with new stuff all the time that we can rip apart and add to our own machines.

Over the last few years there has been a slight shift in motorcycle manufacturing and the big guys are now mass producing “Streetfighters” Ducati, Triumph, Kawasaki. Where did they get that idea from I wonder, I would think mad fuckers like Surt. Only difference is they have millions of dollars to smooth the rough edges out and add costly injection moulded plastics.

Its people like Surt that keeps them thinking, and people like you that don’t quite get it that keep’s them asking why, how and what if.

Good on the pair of you, because like it or not you are more alike than you think, you both keep the thought process going forward.

I see nothing wrong about riding choppers (I've built some of them and ride 'em too). Some like riding chops, some like trikes, Rossi likes riding scooters :), anyone minds?
CBRRRT, have you bought the mask for you fighter? As for me, I've just got myself an intercooler for $20.05 :)for my other project, it's gonna be an ugly steering v4 1300 drag:D

Tony OW31
01-02-2009, 08:12 PM

I understand that, I have built my own frames, swing arms, even forks, made complete single cylinder engines from solid with unique valve mechanisms to test on the dyno, held provisional patents on numerous automotive based designs, so I understand the being different part, and I also understand the engineering that has gone in to that bike, but everything I have ever done or made has had the goal of improving something (or to make money :D) so I just can't understand why he would waste his obvious talents on something 'just because he can'
As you say though everyone is different and good luck to him.
I would like to meet the guy as well, reckon he must be a fuckin nutter.

CBRRRT
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Well there you are then Tony we agree, he must be a fuckin nutter. lol

No surt I did'nt, cool as it is its not the one I would like.

Surt
02-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I understand that, I have built my own frames, swing arms, even forks, made complete single cylinder engines from solid with unique valve mechanisms to test on the dyno, held provisional patents on numerous automotive based designs, so I understand the being different part, and I also understand the engineering that has gone in to that bike, but everything I have ever done or made has had the goal of improving something (or to make money :D) so I just can't understand why he would waste his obvious talents on something 'just because he can'
As you say though everyone is different and good luck to him.
I would like to meet the guy as well, reckon he must be a fuckin nutter.

In that case, you are a bigger fuckin nutter, than me, 'cause I can't build a complete engine from solid... you must be another Ian Drysdale, I guess. I'd like to see 'em frames, forks and stuff, I'd really love to...
As for mine... Well, I wouldn't say I've made it just because I could; but because I was ABLE to make it inspite of circumstances and all the other shit. My goal was to prove what I was able to, to learn, to figure it out, and to enbody the project in flesh and blood. Now, at the 2nd stage of the project, my goal stays the same, it's my first approach to turbocharging, fuel injection and sheet metal shaping; I'm doing that to learn, to get experience, etc. Sure, I'm also havin' fun :).
Interesting, what would you offer me to do, not wasting my talents
;)?
as far as you are from Brisbane, some day you'll maybe see the nutter, Queensland is exactly where I'm gonna be planted.

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 12:59 AM
I hope you dont get offended by being called a nutter Surt, its ment to be a compliment to your talent mate, because lets face it a "normal" person would never go to the lengths you have gone to to produce something so unique. But then you have something to be proud of and as you say mate, Its a learning curve. Just kidding about the nutter thing mate, most people on here think I'm barking mad, but its them that are all loonies mate, so keep up the good work buddy, and keep the pic's comming too :D

Surt
02-02-2009, 03:42 AM

I hope you dont get offended by being called a nutter Surt, its ment to be a compliment to your talent mate, because lets face it a "normal" person would never go to the lengths you have gone to to produce something so unique. But then you have something to be proud of and as you say mate, Its a learning curve. Just kidding about the nutter thing mate, most people on here think I'm barking mad, but its them that are all loonies mate, so keep up the good work buddy, and keep the pic's comming too :D

Like hell I'm offended:D! And I don't mean to offend a body either. I just really wanna get Tony's point, what did he mean saying "wasting"? Am I supposed to fix bikes and cars or to clone "orange" choppers (or streetfighters[}:)]). I like doing new things. By now I'm a bit tired of choppers, go in for more sporty stuff, as far as I have no customers so far, I can work to my content:). Furthermore I hope to have ones, so I'd build 'em whatever they like, even a trike:D.
And I really like to see Tony's stuff, not just me, sure. Making an engine is a definitly higher stage of bush enginiring; as for myself, I can't afford to order even custom-made [titanium] connecting rods at my job; moulding and casting a crank-case etc. are completely out of my ability...

Tony OW31
02-02-2009, 09:52 AM
quote:
Like hell I'm offended:D! And I don't mean to offend a body either. I just really wanna get Tony's point, what did he mean saying "wasting"? Am I supposed to fix bikes and cars or to clone "orange" choppers (or streetfighters[}:)]). I like doing new things. By now I'm a bit tired of choppers, go in for more sporty stuff, as far as I have no customers so far, I can work to my content:). Furthermore I hope to have ones, so I'd build 'em whatever they like, even a trike:D.
And I really like to see Tony's stuff, not just me, sure. Making an engine is a definitly higher stage of bush enginiring; as for myself, I can't afford to order even custom-made [titanium] connecting rods at my job; moulding and casting a crank-case etc. are completely out of my ability...

It's hard to explain what I mean, so maybe I should just shut the fuck up:).
So when do you expect to get to Aus? I might be needing someone at least part time in the not too distant future.

slip
02-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Sturt - awesome work mate, keep up the smokey progress.

Tony - I see where you're coming from, but why aren't you in everyone else's thread bagging them out? This is a streetfighter site, where different model forks/swingarms/shocks/wheels are swapped about with total abandon with no mention of spring rates, damping characteristics etc, rear ride heights and seat positions are often....less than ideal from a performance standpoint. Not to mention a whole raft of other things....

We make our bikes better in our own eyes, however the hell we want. That's the point. Look at my thing, yeah it'll be a bit quicker and lighter, but I'm not building it to improve technical aspects, it's about going out to the shed and thinking "Fuck yeah". Having something with a bit of 'me' in it, something I made. If it was all about riding and dynamics I'd have another Motard.

He is making it better, in his eyes, and however he wants. If it was all about tech improvements we'd all be riding bikes like Stocky's.

Tony OW31
02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by slip

Sturt - awesome work mate, keep up the smokey progress.

Tony - I see where you're coming from, but why aren't you in everyone else's thread bagging them out? This is a streetfighter site, where different model forks/swingarms/shocks/wheels are swapped about with total abandon with no mention of spring rates, damping characteristics etc, rear ride heights and seat positions are often....less than ideal from a performance standpoint. Not to mention a whole raft of other things....

We make our bikes better in our own eyes, however the hell we want. That's the point. Look at my thing, yeah it'll be a bit quicker and lighter, but I'm not building it to improve technical aspects, it's about going out to the shed and thinking "Fuck yeah". Having something with a bit of 'me' in it, something I made. If it was all about riding and dynamics I'd have another Motard.

He is making it better, in his eyes, and however he wants. If it was all about tech improvements we'd all be riding bikes like Stocky's.

Maybe it's because it is the only thing I have seen on here that I wouldn't like to ride for more than 5 minutes?

Harry
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
shit....wats all the why's and why nots about ?
the mans got talent and has the goods to prove it,id take that bike for a spin at the drop of a hat.
as for harleys,choppers or anything else you first got to appreciate
wat it is to enjoy the ride,if you cant well maybe you havent been in the seat long enough grasshopper :)
you got a paint job picked out surt ?, you know you going to have to give this animal a name mate ;)

Surt
03-02-2009, 02:44 AM
I appreciate your attention and opinion, everyone's, mates, thanks...
I've tried to build the bike (and her name is Naglfar, the Surt's dragon-ship made of dead men's nails and a sail sewn of "niedings"[cowards, traitors, fags etc.]'s skin (and there are some holes in it, so beware :D); I like the sagas stuff a bit more than naming a mot "Uncle Sam's Old Spice Bike" :)) the best I could, without that what I call a tech porn, i.e. technically illiterate decisions. I've built the bike for 4ys, but there were also 4 years of designing, when I've studied the topic: sportbikes specs, construction, design, whatever. Also mind that I did it by mags, have never ridden any sportbike so far. The only affordable bikes here in Russia are 1935' BMW copies "ural" and "dnepr", them I modified and rode...that's another story. Well, what I was saying, I have accumulated in my head an abstract vision of an ideal sportbike according to my understanding, there're something of Honda, something of Buell, something of Ducati, something of Triumph. Then I followed the vision.

In appearance, I haven't cared of the German School's, or the English School's Streetfighters, I just like 'em naked and I like 'em classic.
In specs, the Naglfar is within analogues: weight, wheelbase, rake, steering angle... The seat's set a bit higher, but that because of my height. Right, the wheels size ain't sportbike's, but, for the first hand, their OD are exactly the same as for 17", then in 1980s-90s some sportbikes DID have 16" front wheels, and after all, the choice was caused by financial reason [:I].

The engine. Not bloody likely I realize it's not sportbike's, it's "big'n'lazy", but isn't what bikes manufactures do, when making "factory streetfigters"? They deforce an engine, making it more elastic. And mine's must be most elastic in the world, I can start at the 4th gear and keep a-cruising leaning upon the tank. Or I can revv it up at every shift, making it hard to control. And, of course, it needs a steering damper.

The ergonomics. As everything I made according to my figure, I feel quite comfortable on the bike, it's like a custom sewn suit. But I gotta be used to it. But a few months ago, when I fixed a body's 954's ex-up (in fact, i just replaced a servo), I steered it for awhile, staggered from side to side, checked forks and a swing-arm reaction, and felt it much the same with my bike.

As for my arrival down under, it's a pretty long tricky process between our countries, but it could be accelerated with an official job offer sent to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship... So if somebody really needs my skills, I'd appreciate that, otherwise I'll be forcing it on my own [}:)]

And mates, there was not the best of my lines 'bout bushfires, today I've seen on the TV you are suffering from 40 degrees heat and bushfires for two weeks, keep tight, grab sixpacks, jump into the ocean! As for me, we are having -20 deg frosts an' snowfalls , I'd rather burn in hell! [}:)]

P.S. Feel free to critisize the bike, but rather on technical basis. One can say: Argh, chum, u r as loony as 'coot and my gixxer's better!, well, that's no news to me... And don't praise me too much either, 'cause I'm not used to it...:D

bluemk1
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
And don't praise me too much either, 'cause I'm not used to it...:D

your a crazy fucker [:p]

but for some reason i thought you where from somewhere else and not russia

more respect now for my fellow country man

Surt
04-02-2009, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

And don't praise me too much either, 'cause I'm not used to it...:D

your a crazy fucker [:p]

but for some reason i thought you where from somewhere else and not russia

more respect now for my fellow country man

No worries, tovaristch!:) I know I am, that's why I'm more used to curses at my address: I've been evicted from my workshops trice:D, thanks to my jolly good neighbours. And you are a damned lucky bastard lurked down under... sure you don't miss birches, I've heard you can see 'em in Tasmania :D:D:D

Surt
04-02-2009, 05:38 AM

you got a paint job picked out surt ?

I paint 'em black. My bikes look sinister enough without aerography or plastic sculptures. Once some mate o'mine called them 'nazy', I'm pretty sure he meant they look like a parabellum: mat black metal beast, simple and menacing.
Or maybe he meant a "german school"?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bluemk1
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
you seem to have a good grasp of the english language for a ruski :)

came here 20 years ago, cant say i miss it one bit. not even tempted to go back for a visit.

who would have thought there would be streetfighters in russia, i thought everyone rode urals and drove moskviches [:o)]

Harry
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
surt maybe you could get a personelized number plate on it, perhaps...KGB 01 HAHAHA Hmmmmmmmm might get you in trouble [8D] only joking :)

you got a paint job picked out surt ?

I paint 'em black. My bikes look sinister enough without aerography or plastic sculptures. Once some mate o'mine called them 'nazy', I'm pretty sure he meant they look like a parabellum: mat black metal beast, simple and menacing.
Or maybe he meant a "german school"?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surt
05-02-2009, 07:43 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Harry

surt maybe you could get a personelized number plate on it, perhaps...KGB 01 HAHAHA Hmmmmmmmm might get you in trouble [8D] only joking :)[quote]

KGB was renamed for FSB back in 1992, but our pres (or prime[8D], whoever) IS a part of the 'cage B' family. As for a personal plate number, it's gonna be 666, be damned sure. I already have a 4x4 UAZ with number "666 OUT"! Don't call me a liar, I can prove it!

Surt
05-02-2009, 07:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

you seem to have a good grasp of the english language for a ruski :)

came here 20 years ago, cant say i miss it one bit. not even tempted to go back for a visit.

who would have thought there would be streetfighters in russia, i thought everyone rode urals and drove moskviches [:o)]

Thanks a lot, tovaristch Alex, so you do [:I]. I wouldn't miss 'em either... Russia has changed since the SU, however not to the better. All the people's wealth happened to be in the hands of Les nouveaux riches, "the new russians" as they name themselves. And somehow most of them are jews, I wonder![}:)] (nothing personal though...)

CBRRRT
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Come on Surt, you're falling behind mate is'nt it about time you made a flux capasiter for your ride from a microwave, an old electric fan, and a washing machine drive belt mate. Pop next door and see me mate, I have one made from strawberry jam.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/77565908415757.jpg

Jockney Rebel
09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
hats off to you mate u are truly a mantal caes but i like that ...cos im just alttel bit behind you in those stakes lol keep it up

davio
09-02-2009, 06:48 PM
ah surt , i hope u can make it out to australia mate , we need the input of genius maniacs such as urself

Surt
11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
No worries mateys, I wage a new six day war on my own against the orcs-gastarbeiters! Any moral help is essential!! [}:)] Those orcs are new-comers from the ex-soviet republics, in fact they're just snagas to their hobbit-masters (and I name hobbits for the 'normal' citizens, you know, vegetable living, watching tv-shows, dreaming to buy a ford focus by installments:D).

Fuck yer weather, ain't it gone crazy? Keep Australia warm for me...;)

CBRRRT
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Mate, I have a question for you. You may think its a silly question but if I dont ask I wont know now will I.

My wife has a Ford Fiesta and because of the cold here the battery went flat the other week. Its only a small engine but has a large 12v battery.

My bike also has a 12v battery but its a quater the size.

On your Civic ride do you have to use a car battery because its a car engine, or do you use a smaller bike battery. If you use a bike battery to run a car engine, then why do car manufacturers use such big batterys in cars when they are both 12v, and could save weight and space by putting a smaller power pack in the engine bay.

Is that a stupid question? I dont know!

Surt
12-02-2009, 03:39 AM
I use a 30 a/h bat (it's a Varta I've bought 8! years ago for my aNOTHER HOME-MADE V4 1200 CAR ENGINE POWERED BIKE:)) on my civic car (instead of 45 recommended), and that's enough for COLD START AND EVERYTHING, ALSO I USE THE SAME BAT ON MY 2.9 l 4x4 UAZ, and it suits fine for a 60A alternator and for a bigger engine. On my civic bike I use a 12A/h Varta bat for a weight reason, and that's enough only if the engine is perfectly adjusted, 'cause it lasts just for two or three 10secs starts, I hope you've got the scheme, body... [8D]

NakedTurboBusa
13-02-2009, 09:37 PM
sneeky fucking russian.............. nice work you weird cunt!!!

cheers

Pete

Surt
13-02-2009, 10:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by NakedTurboBusa

cheers

Pete

well, sneeky i could be mate, depends on what u mean by that; definitly not a cunt, but a cunt-fucker...[}:)]
Like to see ur busa Pete, hopefully, u've taken cellulitis off her arse :D
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434057287883.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434057263031.jpg

Surt
14-02-2009, 12:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Zbike

thats mental.

I wonder if i could do the same with my mazda 121 engine

Here u r mate! Another kookie mazda powered bush-engineered bike...Info 'borrowed' by me from mcmod.wattagan.com:

The Magnificent Morley

by

This machine is the epitomy of what one man can do with whatever is at hand. I think he said it has just come within his budget of about US$400.
It aint pretty but must be more fun to ride than you could buy
Engine:

Mazda 1300cc with Ford bit bolted onto the back
Transmission:

Ford Escort bolted to VW input shaft (output shaft on the morley)
The Morley is a single speed - if you drop the clutch it runs
Frame:

Front wheel and forks are from a Honda CB400N

Tech Comments:

XS1100 drive shaft universal coupling, upsidedown XS shaft drive, front wheel and forks are from a Honda CB400N

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434086511071.jpg

As you can see mates, the approach a bit different:)

Surt
18-02-2009, 02:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

hats off to you mate u are truly a mantal caes but i like that ...cos im just alttel bit behind you in those stakes lol keep it up

Hey Jim my best regards!... What d'ya mean ur a bit behind me? Are you buildin' smth similar?[^]

Surt
18-02-2009, 02:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by NakedTurboBusa

cheers

Pete

Hey Pete! Where can I see ur busa? It's made by Ben, I guess'am, the more curious I am!!:)

NakedTurboBusa
18-02-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/437986556161458.jpg

NakedTurboBusa
18-02-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/437986556194370.jpg

NakedTurboBusa
18-02-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/437986556139040.JPG

NakedTurboBusa
19-02-2009, 12:05 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/437986556181021.jpg

Surt,

Its been a developing build of mine for a few years, take a look most work is mine now.Its hard 'not' to let the hands of god ( ben ) do things when he is around!!!( he directed where the angle grinder needed to go) It been rebuilt by me about three times now........... goes straight, goes around corners, goes after dirty chicks too!!!

cheers

Pete

Surt
19-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Ugh I've known the swaped busa from "3 Turbo Streetfighters on the Dyno"! And as I said, I liked it the best... I like it, 'coz it squat and short, no plastic, a dinkum streetfighter. :) So what was your part on the bike, and what Ben's? I'd remake just the tail section and the subframe, to my taste... Have you considered intercooling? I've seen once in the 'Cycle World' a turbobusa with an IC shaped as a radiator, just in front of it, looked nice.
After all, top job, and the girl likes it!!;)

Surt
19-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Well mate, the more I look at her, the more I love her... I'd say it's the best turbobusa I've ever seen, according to my taste... Is she street legal, or what? Also, where do you perform on her (I mean #54), what T713 means (mine's number is 213, which means a dragon-ship, a mast and a sail, or else, a dragon with a dick and balls :D:D:D, so my bike's male, hate name it 'she' in english[:0]).
Also Pete do you have a special tread dedicated to your bike?

As for gods...

No god shalt stand before myself! - that's my motto [}:)]

Cheers!

NakedTurboBusa
19-02-2009, 08:27 AM

Well mate, the more I look at her, the more I love her... I'd say it's the best turbobusa I've ever seen, according to my taste... Is she street legal, or what? Also, where do you perform on her (I mean #54), what T713 means (mine's number is 213, which means a dragon-ship, a mast and a sail, or else, a dragon with a dick and balls :D:D:D, so my bike's male, hate name it 'she' in english[:0]).

As for gods...

Hi mate,

All fabrication, frame, triples, tail, polycarb front, turbo re-fittment,plastix etc is mine..... Ben did the welding

I work with ben ( we own a CNC mill)

I will post all the built photos

Pete

Cheers!

EXBEN
19-02-2009, 10:13 AM
quote:Also Pete do you have a special tread dedicated to your bike?

Here Surt...
http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10180

Surt
20-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks mates! Goin' thore...:)

Harry
23-02-2009, 09:08 PM
i watched that turbo busa run last asfr...was waiting for the rear tire to shred itself.......big ball's it has young jedi ! [:p]

Surt
23-02-2009, 11:12 PM

i watched that turbo busa run last asfr...was waiting for the rear tire to shred itself.......big ball's it has young jedi ! [:p]

who is young jedi mate? i'd be expectin' for my foundations to be busted, anyway, 'coz damned tyres bite as a bitch up here :(

Harry
24-02-2009, 10:09 PM
the run's where held on a aircraft runway surt the strip was so corse i did'nt even burn the bike out mate....im near sure naked turbo busa's bike was smokin thrid gear nearly half way down the strip,really low and lots of go. blew me away [:0]

Harry
24-02-2009, 10:11 PM
meant nothing by the jedi comment mate........i know you have a sword of fire [}:)]

CBRRRT
25-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Bah hahahaha Harry you're scared of the mad fucker. Jedi Jedi Jedi Jedi Jedi :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surt
25-02-2009, 02:25 AM

Bah hahahaha Harry you're scared of the mad fucker. Jedi Jedi Jedi Jedi Jedi :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fuck ya!

Surt
25-02-2009, 02:28 AM

meant nothing by the jedi comment mate........i know you have a sword of fire [}:)]

I just ain't got ya harry, I thought u meant the jedi with big balls rode the bike [:0]

[:p]

And I keep my sword for aces! [}:)]

Surt
25-02-2009, 02:59 AM
And I have never watched the bloody star wars and all the other similar shit ever! I watched the nightmare on the elm street mate...:)

Harry
25-02-2009, 05:31 AM
you should watch star wars.......its a true story !

Harry
25-02-2009, 05:33 AM
just wen you thought it was safe to go back in the water itsCBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT :)

Surt
27-02-2009, 01:24 AM

just wen you thought it was safe to go back in the water itsCBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT :)

the nutter's just envious of jedis laser swords, 'coz he wants one for his tatter-peeler! :)

tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!

So what u gonna do now jonnie boy, u shall ride to ur barkingham on the stick!!!

:)

Surt
01-03-2009, 01:45 AM

the run's where held on a aircraft runway surt the strip was so corse i did'nt even burn the bike out mate....im near sure naked turbo busa's bike was smokin thrid gear nearly half way down the strip,really low and lots of go. blew me away [:0]

I'd like to see that (a video or never happened :D)! I just wonder why it didn't wheelie, considering its short wheelbase...
I myself even invented (?) an adjustable lenght swingarm, just in case if mine would be unridable when turboed 'coz of the short wheelbase. :)

CBRRRT
01-03-2009, 05:18 PM

the nutter's just envious of jedis laser swords, 'coz he wants one for his tatter-peeler! :)

tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!tatter-peeler!

So what u gonna do now jonnie boy, u shall ride to ur barkingham on the stick!!!

:)

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Owwwwwwwww!!!!! Someones tired!!!

Surt
01-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Yip, seen the vid at last mate! the only wrong is it's too short, besides that - awesome. I have some vids of mine also, but somehow they are on a VHS-c cassette. I'll try to digitize 'em or else... ;)

Surt
01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
seen it again and some others from afr'08. what a funny thing, i've already recognized some of ya mates! [:0] my consciousness is splittin' ooh my fuck! [xx(]

Harry
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20594892842652.jpg
To much vodka commarade :)

Surt
03-03-2009, 12:00 AM

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20594892842652.jpg
To much vodka commarade :)

mike tyson's got arrested in moscow!!!

those coppers look like our damned "militioneers" [:0]

HueyonaBlade
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM

As for gods...

Cheers!

Unless Im mistaken mate the T-713 stands for T...turbo 7...750 frame and the 13.....1300cc busa motor

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1958&SearchTerms=turbo

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10180&SearchTerms=turbo

;)

Surt
04-03-2009, 04:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

Unless Im mistaken mate the T-713 stands for T...turbo 7...750 frame and the 13.....1300cc busa motor

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1958&SearchTerms=turbo

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10180&SearchTerms=turbo

;)

Yep mate, i got it a long time ago... 7/13 :) thanks anyway!

Surt
05-03-2009, 06:16 AM
umph! by the way Dave i checked out the threads u gave me, special thanks for the upper one, didn't see it until now. :)

Surt
13-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Here come promised vids... [:I]

Raw stuff, no subs, no music... yet:)

the last three of them are in fact bootlegs ;), tv screen copies, 'coz i can't digitize vhs-c so far... praps later...

enjoy 'em or kiss my arse!!! :D