PDA

View Full Version : engineer shop/custom bike shop

MTBEERWAH
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
How do all, does any body know of a good machine shop or somebody thats into custom parts for bikes with a cnc mill in the brisbane area. After someone who`s switched on and knows their shit with cnc.
If a came up with any feasible realistic concept,that it wouldn`t be a drammer. I know theres some switched on guys here, but don`t know what neck of the woods people live.
Have a good weekend.

Tony OW31
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

How do all, does any body know of a good machine shop or somebody thats into custom parts for bikes with a cnc mill in the brisbane area. After someone who`s switched on and knows their shit with cnc.
If a came up with any feasible realistic concept,that it wouldn`t be a drammer. I know theres some switched on guys here, but don`t know what neck of the woods people live.
Have a good weekend.

I have cnc machinery, Brisbane southside, what is it you want?

MTBEERWAH
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
G`day Tony OW31, well to start with custom lower and upper triples, i`d have to nut out exactly what i want with these, i do want a fair bit of adjustability, also having them made so that they were reinforced in certain areas, and also be made with holes in cetain places for things to be bolted on,but like i say,i`d have to work out exactly what i want,and would like to come and see you direct. I live in Gladstone,and usually ride to birs every 6-8 weeks, so on my next visit which will be in 8 weeks,wouldn`t mind chewing the fat with you on some idears, if your into that sought of thing.
Thanks, John.

Gix11
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Also there's Jim at Hand Made Racers: www.handmaderacers.com - in Dayboro SE QLD

Ah, his site seems to be down. Anyone know what happened to Jim Mott?

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the extra info SI, i know that area pretty well.

Tony OW31
15-01-2009, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

G`day Tony OW31, well to start with custom lower and upper triples, i`d have to nut out exactly what i want with these, i do want a fair bit of adjustability, also having them made so that they were reinforced in certain areas, and also be made with holes in cetain places for things to be bolted on,but like i say,i`d have to work out exactly what i want,and would like to come and see you direct. I live in Gladstone,and usually ride to birs every 6-8 weeks, so on my next visit which will be in 8 weeks,wouldn`t mind chewing the fat with you on some idears, if your into that sought of thing.
Thanks, John.

Email me at proengineering@bigpond.com, let me know when you want to come over.