PDA

View Full Version : flame thrower"SOLD"

damo1
20-12-2008, 01:58 PM
As seen on my old blade blade.

Ive got all the bits to run it you just need to spend the time sorting it out.

Comes with from memory
*butan bottle
*fuel injector
*ignition box
*part of old exhaust which runs into a 4"tip

I cant find a pic of it but there was some getting around on this site somewhere.

$50 pick up only from sydney

flyingfatman
22-12-2008, 10:40 AM
how do they work>

damo1
22-12-2008, 12:25 PM
i had it plumbed into my exhaust with raw fuel and an ignition sorce to fire it up.

The origianl one the system came off was straight butane and ingnition sytem running into a dummy exhaust for maximum jet looking effect.

For those of you who know it came from the donut king stunt bike.

Iceman
22-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Damo, I'm interested but can't pick it up.

I've got a mate go'n to the drags on boxing day, he might be able to meet u some where.

damo1
29-01-2009, 06:44 AM
This still on the market as iceman hasn't come through[V]

There was an enquiry about it that i got as a pm cant remember who it was.

If your still interested PM me.

bluemk1
29-01-2009, 04:14 PM
umm how SAFE is this setup and what exactly needs sorting out?

semi interested [:o)]

Iceman
29-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I just can't get there Damo, if you still have it in april I'll pick it up on the way to AFR, but if someone gets it before me it's ok.

damo1
30-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Mate i ran it on my blade for ages until i changed the rear seat unit.

Sorting it out, meaning getting it sorted to fire up.?????

It was a bit of a shit fight the way it wa son the blade as it was running through the exhaust.

Better off running on its own.

It came off the donut king stunt bike.

Is ther any way of getting an old pic posted up of it????

I actually dont have one but i know they are on this site somewhere.?

Large
30-01-2009, 05:36 PM
et viola!
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/938760333131996.jpg

damo1
31-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Cheers Mate:D;)

MTBEERWAH
31-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I love to squirt that at a cop, anyone for roast pork.

Harry
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
be good for light'in up [:p]

Azrael
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Oooh i so want that, damn you being so far away, not willing to post minus the propane bottle? Or post pics of the stuff so i can source them locally and go roast some speed cameras..

bluemk1
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
hands off you filthy bastard! :D

damo, ill give you a call on fri about picking this up sometime over the weekend

damo1
07-02-2009, 11:06 AM
sold

damo1
09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Azrael:You need a spark plug/coil with lead/butane bottle with hoses/an igniter box/a combustion chamber of some sort/electronic valve.

All you do is get something like an exhaust tip(3-4in tip with a leading end of about 2in) and blank off the leading end(2in)of it so it's an enclosed chamber.

You need to mount your spark plug in the exhaust closer to the opening about 2/3rds of the way out(just the tip sticking into the chamber about 5mm).

You need to then plumb your butane into it, by welding on a bit of say 5mm id pipe (At the 2in blanked off end)and then fix your hoses to that (it has to have a electronic valve to open it when you hit the button to fire it up this can be anywhere in between the combustion chamber and the bottle)
The bit of pipe that you weld in has to sort of facing off to one side slightly, i think it was to get a sort of ventury affect going and sucking in oxygen at the same time.

That was one of the things that i had trouble with cause it was plumbed through the exhaust and the co2 made it hard to light.

Once you get it all sorted you just have to get a switch(i just used a fire blade kill/start button combo)to give it all power and(kill)and the a button to fire the baby up(start button).

You will need to get an ingnition/igniter box to keep the spark plug frying constantly otherwise it wont fire up with a quick single spark.

After you have all that sorted get up some pics and let us know how you went.

For pics, see Bluemk1 he brought the unit off me over the weekend.

Good luck sorry for the late reponse

Oh and it needs to all go at the same time.

IE: Gas needs to flow(means you leave the bottle turned on and then the electroic valve will open),sparkplug needs to be firing constantly,this all needs to happen at the same time!!!