PDA

View Full Version : Stunt bike info anyone??????????

Gixxer_rat85
17-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey all, long time admirer, first time poster here. Been toying with the idea of setting up a stunter. Does anyone have the short story on setting up a stunter? Any help would be great

Cheers

latheboy
17-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi dan,
get a bike >>>> crash it lots and there you have it ..

gixkat
17-12-2008, 07:21 PM
g,day Gixxer, try the stunting forum here,someone should be able to word you up.
cheers,GK

_M_
17-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Try, stuntlife.com , ozstuntbikes.com , or:

Change the oil pick up to the rear of the sump, put stomp grips on the tank, find a supplier of crash cages / make your own for your bike, get a dirty bar and clamps put on, practise, practise, practise.

Brodie
18-12-2008, 06:45 PM
www.ftpstunts.com I moderate that forum......lots of really nice guys more than willing to help you out....... they will give you all the info you need. :-)

_M_
18-12-2008, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Brodie

www.ftpstunts.com I moderate that forum......lots of really nice guys more than willing to help you out....... they will give you all the info you need. :-)

And cheap clip-ons :D
Good gear

Zbike
23-12-2008, 05:22 PM
plus +1 keep those clip ons commin

yoda
31-12-2008, 07:06 PM
hey mate,
What do you want to ride?
Some bikes need the oil pickup modded,
You'll want a crash cage for a start, maybe a 12 bar and everything else is personal preference ie moto bars/clipons, tank dent, handbrake(when you start getting better), gearing, braided lines... the list goes on.
Where are you located?

droy333
23-01-2009, 09:39 PM
No one mentioned sprockets?

Hrmmm.

Docktor
24-01-2009, 07:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by yoda

hey mate,
What do you want to ride?
Some bikes need the oil pickup modded,
You'll want a crash cage for a start, maybe a 12 bar and everything else is personal preference ie moto bars/clipons, tank dent, handbrake(when you start getting better), [u]GEARING</u>, braided lines... the list goes on.
Where are you located?

Balakov
29-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Get a Hunda cause that way when you destroy it it won't matter![}:)]

Ansen
07-02-2009, 09:00 PM
buy a helmet and pump ur tyres up ,there now stunt it

bigmak
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
all u need to start is a bike + cage + balls, also dropping rear tyre down to 20 odd will help with balance. then comes handbrake, sprocket, 12 / round bar, subcage and all the other beautiful things when u get better. like yoda said some bikes will need oil pickup mod but most you can just overfill a bit and wont have many problems (apparently not the case for gixxers). also if u get injected bike u will want to do clean air mod and idol cable mod.

HueyonaBlade
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Balakov

Get a Hunda cause that way when you destroy it it won't matter![}:)]

Oh! I thought that you would want a HONDA cause the power causes the front to come up really easy;)

JackTar
17-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Shit Huey it took you four months to come up with that?

latheboy
17-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Give him a brake blowie.... He is one of "them" after all

pesh
01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Only reason i been riding a Honda is because of its bulletproof build quality , and has been tested many times over .
I used to ride a suzuki which was drama city .

Personally i reckon buying something cheap and putting a cage or some crankcase protection on it . leave the standard gearing until u have mastered the art of a balance point wheelie , using none or minimal throttle .

People dont realise that a Bigger sprocket will Yes make the front come up quicker but also make it come down twice as fast when u shut the throttle off ,
Big sprockets arent made for making wheelie's easier they are made so the bikes idle speed is reduced to near walking pace ..

Imagine trying to run behind a bike using standard gearing . at say 2200 rpm i dont think i could keep up :D

so really the sprocket is only ideal when u have mastered the standard gearing .

Dirtbikes are a gr8 way to learn balance wheelies . Remember cover that rear brake ;)

Gixxer_rat85
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks! I`ve bitten the bullet and decided to to start with my `85 gixxer. It owes me bugger all, has a freak motor and is a bit rough so I reckon it`s perfect. Gearing is now 14/47 (std/+5), and fairings are comin` off! Where is the oil pickup on the R705 slabby motor? Hoping its low and back so I don`t have to open it up and put a modded pick up on it. Cheers