PDA

View Full Version : Brett Stevens Retires

ozkat
16-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Stevens is shutting down the whole operation.

BRETT STEVENS COMMENTS ON HIS FUTURE

After recently announcing his retirement, the biggest name in Australian Drag Racing, Brett ‘The Boss’ Stevens has commented on his future plans post his highly successful and influential professional racing career.

“The decision to retire has not come easily and is something that I’ve put a lot of thought into, as it is one of the biggest and most difficult of my life. As many of you would know, my passion for the sport, my fans, my sponsors, my team and my family are second to none and I would certainly never intentionally do the wrong thing by any of them.”

“All of my sponsorships were still in place and despite the tough economic times, our 2008/2009 racing budgets had been re-worked to allow the team to complete the season.”

“However on-going malicious and false rumour and innuendo were taking an unprecedented toll on both me and my family’s personal and professional wellbeing, and I was no longer enjoying racing as much.”

“Retirement is not something that I have considered until recently but I now feel that the time is right and I will no longer be racing myself or my team in the ANDRA Championship Drag Racing series in the foreseeable future.”

“While this decision ends one phase of my career, I’m confident it will also open doors to many new opportunities for Kath (Stevens) and myself. In the short term we are going to take a break and spend some quality family time together with our daughter Skye, something that has been extremely difficult in recent years.”

“We will then evaluate our options in the New Year and turn our focus to other business interests and projects such as the BSR Drag Race Experience, so you will be sure to see us back at a track in some capacity the near future.”

“Once again, I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to my fans, sponsors, crew and family for all of their support over the last 18 years helping me achieve what I have in the sport. I would also like to thank all those who have sent their wishes since my announcement.”

RELEASE ENDS

For further information please contact:
James Peate
Brett Stevens Racing Marketing and PR Manager
0414 878225

16-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I know he had problems with the Bray's but what is the "on-going malicious and false rumour and innuendo" he's going on about?

suxukifreak
16-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I heard his sponsors didnt like the image he was putting out to the public (punch ups and "malicious rumours")....

or that could be just a rumour ;)

rock hard
16-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Thats a HUGE shock ,all bullshit aside . Brett Stevens commitment to the sport is fuckn amazing. the ammount of gear he hauled back a foward across the country and the level of professionalism was simply amazing.his ability to jump from door slammer to the nitro bike to funny car mostly back to back made my head spin. thanks brett cheers to you in the future, morry