PDA

View Full Version : 2FITY stuntz

Pages : [1] 2

dRRew
26-04-2006, 10:27 PM
hey guys.

Just posting to let you know that myself and petey (IMP) have created a fresh stunt crew to be known as 2FITY stuntz. If your a 250 rider and are interested in stunting, we will be the guys to contact if you'd like tips/pointers, help with cages/cogs/parts to suit your bike for stunting etc.
We are also looking to recruit 250 stunters for the crew, there are no pre requesits for tricks etc so dont fret if you cant wheelie, get some video or pics of what you CAN do and send it to either one of us and we'll see how you go. i A website is in the midst of being created and footage and tips etc will be posted up accordingly. As members of the crew are recruited they will be featured on the site. I am getting involved in stunting as much as i possibly can and legal stunt days and shows are being organised around the place so we will have places to go in the future to have a stunt and show what we can do.

Plz keep this thread clean of crap such as kiddies corner coz as funny as it may be to some, we are serious about stunting our 250's.

contact me at idrewapicture@hotmail.com
or petey at i_am_petey@hotmail.com

thanks guys. get involved!
dRRew

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/drrew/974808f3.jpg

26-04-2006, 10:30 PM
will you be needing shorty cans???

dRRew
26-04-2006, 10:35 PM
davo. i am able to catch you on the wkend? spent all tues in the water at noosa after i forgot to even take the can with me.. see what piss and cones do to you kids?

IMP-INC
26-04-2006, 11:24 PM
we are serious about this, so please no bull shi%

cheers

nos_james
28-04-2006, 11:38 PM
sounds good man i will try to join u when i get some practise in

3AMcobra
05-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Damn, wish i could wheelie or do any stunts for that matter, but sounds good, maybe even show up some of the bigger bikes :)

05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
You girls are starting to seriously impress yourselves aren't ya?

Just when do you get off you're P's?

BOHEMION
05-05-2006, 02:40 PM
they gotta start somewhere chalks, I rekon its fuking tops what Drew is doing

05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Aaaaah the sensible\sensitive voice of Boh[|)]. Don't ride a beemer perchance do you Boh[?]
Yes we know they gotta start somewhere, surprisingly enough we all did[:o)], but that doesn't mean that a reality check occasionally shouldn't be aired.
For all their good intentions and desires, they are still P-platers[8)], and blindly encouraging them will just result in an excess of over-confidence, and that could kill'em.[V]

You think I learned to punt the 9 so fast (and anyone who rode with me on the run will attest to my riding abilities;)) by listening to the plattitudes and crap that is only being posted here? NO. I learnt by hitting the roads and putting in the practice, at every aspect, not just a select few 'publicly impressive' maneovres, and by listening (kinda[:I]) to the comments of those who had been doing it for a lot longer than me.

Anybody who thinks that they are a fantastically great rider while still on P's is just plain tossing themselves off. But if you want to help them toss off Boh, you go for it gir......

:D

BOHEMION
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I dont give blind shit too ppl mate [:X] idont think there impressed with em selves but more to the point of being happy that theres more than 2-3 people interested in the same thing[:p]

Ahh okay helping them kill em selves?? right had a few too many acid trips today matey?

Okay i know what ur saying there fully, But if its not low speed stunts in an flat dead end no attention industial estate, Its gonan be boy racer toss style in the Mountains. That worries me more.

Anyone who is on there P's and wanting to do stunts, Dosnt worry me, they know the risks involved. Like you when you were comming up the ranks. This is such a thing that expereince and tips are shared and other people are around. If they have a bad off then its all written in the expereince pages mate and there are people to help in case of bad injury or bad bike damage. If in the chance they do something that may result in a bad injury than that is really unfortuante. But hey its what they wanna do and theres growing interest - no stopping em mate. This stops alot of the P-Platers going out and doin this shit solo, least there all together.

Despite oh how you or anybody learnt and how learnt to ride, mono what ever dosnt mean jack all, to any rider you talk to, rookie or pro your expereinces are noted and there own experiences are lived.
Ofcoarse being young and full o cum dont help some of there ego's but hey they quickly gain respect after a collarbone or 2

I'm sure that in the back of the minds of every P'Plater is the fact that there noobs, But its about having laughs and sharin an interest mate. There are fellas that come out on all sorts of bikes so its not just 250 P plater sharing experience - But Drew wheelies better than some blokes with bigger bikes[:0][^]

ti all about givn it a go and practice mate:D

dRRew
06-05-2006, 12:43 AM
chalk. i here what ur saying mate but at the same time, we are serious about this so theres no trafic wheelies or highway wheelies even. its all low speed stuff in an an inhabitated area at the dead end of a long straight road with good view for cars and nearly 0 car sighting record.

my cbr is likely to have one dodgy mirror, no indicators, and a few other illegalities so im going to try and get it regod but will be trailoring it to most places to be stunted. pretty much a soul purpose stunt 250. More like a track bike but in my case a stunna. so i will have my lil car and the bike regod but the bike stays in the shed for the arvo and weekend sessions where i can hit up my spot and stunt safely with my gear on and people and friends supporting it. A good mate of mine has a tard that he now trailors to the spot and uses it just for that. anything happens its on the trailor and off home.

special-k
06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
I recon it's bloody awesome that a group of riders with similar interests (getting involved in stunting even though they're only allowed 250cc bikes) are banding together to support each other and share the knowledge. You gotta start somewhere, sure most of em will probably move up to bigger bikes later on but that's not the point.

Hell I rode a 250cc by choice even though I have an unrestricted license. But I can't be trusted with anyting more powerful, lol [:p] [B)] [B)]

IMP-INC
09-05-2006, 01:30 AM
hey i bet thers a few moves i can do better then u

dRRew
09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104036436668123.JPG

welcome to the newest member of 2FITYstuntz vtr420!

TurboKat
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Bit hard to take you guys seriously when you're wearing T shirts & runners. [V]
I'm sure it's not because you're all Badass, law diss'n, devil-may-care, mofo's - if you were, you'd be riding 750's or thou's. I suspect it's all about image & fashion derived from the good ol' Land Of The Fuckwit (USA)
Do yourselves a favour & get some leathers, it'll be the difference between going to hospital & getting straight back on & keeping practising.
Yeah, I know what you're thinkin' "listen to this self-righteous old wanker" but I was your age once too & if I'd listened to the advice from people who knew better than me, I wouldn't have 14 pieces of surgical stainless in my leg now.
Stunting in T shirts, etc, is NOT cool, hip, badass, or tough, it's stupid.
Here endeth the lesson.

BOHEMION
09-05-2006, 03:46 PM
4 sure mate ! good words.

Foxy
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

Bit hard to take you guys seriously when you're wearing T shirts & runners. [V]
I'm sure it's not because you're all Badass, law diss'n, devil-may-care, mofo's - if you were, you'd be riding 750's or thou's. I suspect it's all about image & fashion derived from the good ol' Land Of The Fuckwit (USA)
Do yourselves a favour & get some leathers, it'll be the difference between going to hospital & getting straight back on & keeping practising.
Yeah, I know what you're thinkin' "listen to this self-righteous old wanker" but I was your age once too & if I'd listened to the advice from people who knew better than me, I wouldn't have 14 pieces of surgical stainless in my leg now.
Stunting in T shirts, etc, is NOT cool, hip, badass, or tough, it's stupid.
Here endeth the lesson.

Amen to that brother

nos_james
09-05-2006, 06:09 PM
have to agree u aint going to look good in hospital

dRRew
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
for fucks sake.. why does everyone seem to think we are out to prove something by wearing a tshirt etc.? why does everyone have this idea that we are trying to be "gangsta" or "badass" ? if thats what ur saying when ur looking in the mirror then thats tops but not me. I understand the risk in wearing only a shirt, i do believe me. ive come off a few times and come away with a few grazes and i understand that ive been lucky etc. I elect to wear a t shirt coz its more comfortable and i try to keep my stunting to a 50 speed limit. its about slow styley stuff not max speed. But having said that i know that no-one will ever get it and that i will allways be a "badass" even tho i feel like its more dangerous for me to stunt in a jacket coz i cant move...

dRRew
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
welcome to the newest member of 2FITYstuntz - Ando. Ando is from Newcastle as is Vtr420. He rides a cb250 and stunts it up!

vtr420
09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Come guys its time to get involved i know there are heaps of guys out their trying to wheelie 250's but dont think its possable..... it is beleve me my mates on a 85 stocko CB 250 remeber the ones u did the L's test on.... yes u can wheelie anything... Get involed no matter your skill level... with the support and adivce of like minded people u can get anywhere....
Peace:D

dRRew
09-05-2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/104036459728259.jpg

EVIDENCE. theres ando shreadin it up on his cb250.

BOHEMION
09-05-2006, 09:21 PM
its true though - some of the REALLY good stunters are out there wearing apair of Cons Jeans and singlets and thats what they wear to big gigs. With the stuff they do they need to be quick with there feet and free flowing.

IMP-INC
10-05-2006, 02:09 AM
welcome ANDO...AKA...VTR420
well there u go i didnt know cb 250's could get up... some times i ride WITH a tee shirt, IF I AM TRYING A NEW TRICK, OUT COMES THE GEAR. wen its NORMAL shit like switch backs and stoppies, skitching i wear what i wanna wear, thats usally a pair of jeans and a jumper, OR just a shirt..hey come on u be so harsh to us and all you do is diss us alot... u know what, i know my limits and i am pushing the bar every day... but in a safe way.. it may look sketchy it may look bad but hey if its a new trick and i wanna get it down OUT COMES THE JACKET... THATS IT......IM AM BREAKABLE...BUT WE ALL RIDE.. WE ALL KNOW OUR LIMITS.

PICS OF--IMP-INC---COMING SOON

special-k
10-05-2006, 02:14 AM
me gansta, innit...

[:p]

[B)]

IMP-INC
10-05-2006, 02:15 AM
DREW IS A MAD COW, IVE SEEN HIM WHEELIE... HOWS THE SAYING GO... ONE CAN NOT BE AS GOOD AS THE MASTER, I BOW TO U .LOL

Ando
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey all, Im Ando...glad I was told about this sight - just what I was looking for, stuntlife is OK but they are mostly ppl from usa...so its good to come here and find some like minded ppl close 2 home

dRRew
10-05-2006, 11:03 AM
bahahaha ur a classic petey. the "master" lol i dont think so... good to see you made it ando. i'll be pimpin it to newy for a visit in the near future.

10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by IMP-INC

hey i bet thers a few moves i can do better then u

That's exactly the point I was trying to make gIMP-INC.

There's a COUPLE of moves you may do better than me (readily admit I'm no stunter), but there's a thousand that you have yet to come up to scratch on.

Ando
10-05-2006, 02:06 PM
^^who gives a fook - I suck, but I ride for fun.....and damb do I have some fun!!! :D

03gixxerpilot
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
G'day Ando we all start some where with that we do and so long as you having fun thats what counts, i have been stunting for 3 years now and can do some wicked shit ( not as good as the pros but good enough to keep a croud of 3000 at a drag strip happy ) keep up the practice.

PS pic dont show how far the wheelie went for but I'm imoressed that you got it that high, that aint easy well done

Ando
10-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanx man - the wheelie didnt go to long as it wasnt at bp and i run out of revs, I suck at standups....usualy just do sitdowns...but yea getting better and better. My bike has NO back brakes (well it did ;) ) so it's hard for me to learn ballence point, I'll get there...thanx again :)

03gixxerpilot
10-05-2006, 07:29 PM
don't worry to much about back brake i do high chairs for about 1.5 - 2 kms long and don't have a back brake either

they help a lot and are integral part of some stunts, took me the better part of my stunting carrer to learn to use the back brake

still get it fixed and learn to use it, it will make it much easer.

vtr420
10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
hahaha get it fixed 30$ brake pads its not that hard just do it before u need to get the whole drum machined dude

Ando
11-05-2006, 06:33 AM
^^yea I know I know - goto pay this $300 fine and then get the new air filter and and.....ahh fuck it ill get to it.

IMP-INC
11-05-2006, 11:36 PM
hey chalk...lol im having a poke at ya...i knew we were all a bit edgy so why no tease...soon enought i will holding on for dear life wen i get my Z 1000...lol ive ridden bigger bikes heaps. x race bikes and stuff. so i see what u mean but can u understand that i was just farting up wind??? catch

vtr420
13-05-2006, 09:51 PM
First clip for 2fidy Stuntz feat. Ned From Cunning Stunts enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTzk6PcTT8
:D

fimpBIKES
14-05-2006, 12:40 AM
so wait a minute here...

VTR, was that u i was following around town today (i was on the katana)
i went for a look out there at about 1pm and only people around were on pushies, no bikes :(

fuck me though, ned just keeps getting smoother snd smoother!!!!

vtr420
14-05-2006, 08:07 AM
what time in town???
Neds the man i just want a proper camera so i can do him justice:D

vtr420
14-05-2006, 08:08 AM
o yeh 230ish i think we hit it up to

dRRew
14-05-2006, 12:38 PM
hell ass pimpin. thats an Awesome clip. ned is shreading out BIG time. u must send me this clip! nice wheelies ando and vtr!

Ando
15-05-2006, 06:58 AM
^^Thanx drrew, wasn't one of my better day's. (when is? lol) but yea ned has somew footage of us that (I think) is better...just goto get it of him one of these days...lol

TurboKat
15-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Fuck me ! Don't they teach English at schools anymore? :([V]

dRRew
15-05-2006, 01:45 PM
i quit school and didnt finish. maybe that explains it turbokat? Would it make you feel better if i used correct punctuation and grammer next time?

TurboKat
15-05-2006, 01:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by dRRew

i quit school and didnt finish. maybe that explains it turbokat? Would it make you feel better if i used correct punctuation and grammer next time?

I quit school early too.
It wouldn't make me feel any better but it would be a lot easier to read.
BTW - It's spelt g-r-a-m-m-a-r ;)

scotty mac
05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
where were you guys a few years ago.i was stunting my baby bandit about 4-5 years ago in brissy, the only lads rode with were on r6's gixxer thous n they weren't into stunts. i love me rolling burnouts couldn't get enough of them or tyres.it's good to see you lads showing what 250's can do.... some of you lads can stunt better than the big boys keep it up. i'm on a 91 gixxer 750 now n the tyres arnt as cheep + its hard to find 2nd hand tyre up here in mackay..

Iceman
05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
quote:original post by scotty mac
where were you guys a few years agoRiding their BMX bikes:D

scotty mac
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
:Ddidn't think of that.i must be getting old[8D]

dazz
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
forum inside a forum eh, geez your a nice bloke Gix11. I have seen this happen elsewhere and all those involved were punted

vtr420
20-01-2007, 11:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

quote:original post by scotty mac
where were you guys a few years agoRiding their BMX bikes:D

skateboards actually :D

sobil
05-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Im keen to come along, you guys in melb by any chance, im starting to get my fizzer up, wouldn't mind a few tips from the pros/

DYLAN
13-04-2007, 06:06 PM
sweet stuff man i had a 250 for about 2 years before i realised i could actually get it to wheelie i think there is much more skill involved when your on a light low powered bike-less room for error!!:D:D
keep it up!!!

IMP-INC
29-04-2007, 06:24 PM
well i dont ride my 250 any more. im a gixxa man now. all black 06 6000. mmm yummm

catchmeifyoucan
29-04-2007, 08:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by IMP-INC

well i dont ride my 250 any more. im a gixxa man now. all black 06 6000. mmm yummm

6000, faark that must fly...

IMP-INC
29-04-2007, 11:07 PM
sorry i ment a super charged zx12r hayabusa with a dodge viper engine fitted with super charger, did i mention it was supercharged.?? any one know how to do wheelies. it wont wheelie.

:P

BANDITROD
06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/72275277284920.jpg
first of all guys if you are serious about stunting make sure you wear your gear i am not doubting your ability to ride but you never know what could happen (this happened to me on the way down the street to get some smokes. no tshirt and no gloves)

BANDITROD
06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/72275277288632.jpg
and this

BANDITROD
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/72275277285597.jpg
wanna see more (ok one more)

BANDITROD
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/722752772103736.jpg
now you said something about doing 50kph well the people in the car behind me said i was doing 90kph and i still lost all that skin, half my right ring finger broke my collarbone, three of my ribs and concussed my spine so it dosnt matter how fast you are going you will still get hurt so if your gunna stunt gear up and be smart (i had to learn the hard way) Rod.

zx12argh
07-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Oh fuck mate... That is... well... fucked.

Speedy recovery mate - I'll stop slacking off on wearing the jacket.

BANDITROD
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
thanks pete i have already healed up that happened 23rd Jan this year
and i was back on my bike in no time. Went to tassie for a week at the end of march:D

zx12argh
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Good to hear mate - Nothing shows street cred tho like a missing digit ;)

BANDITROD
07-05-2007, 07:00 PM
yeah well shit happens dont realy notice it now

vtr420
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Dude i hope your alright but u just one dick head of the year. No shirt no gloves what where you asking to die!!

U may as well not wore a helmet eaither damn dude!!!

BANDITROD
08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
any other day i would have had them on but i was just going down to get smokes not stunting or speeding just cruising and i hit a bit of shit on the road and slap off i went i know it was a dumb thing to do thats why i posted it here so no one follows my footsteps. shit happens mate what else can i say (so theres no need to state the obvious)

BANDITROD
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/93169263293477.jpg
and yes i was wearing a lid

BANDITROD
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
p.s i had a long sleeve tshirt on i meant to write no jacket and no gloves up there

vtr420
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
True that!! you dont want anyone else doing it to !!

U must of fell real bad because i had a crash about a year ago.

In a t shirt and shorts at 120km got the slappers after hitting a oily pot hole and slid down the road for 150m.

i faired much better then u but still tought me a lesson i wont forget !!

BANDITROD
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah i didnt slide i tumbled and my hand got slammed by my bike like i said shit happens im over it its just one of those things you never know how you will end up :D

Iceman
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Awsome photos Rod. It's true what they say, SMOKING IN HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH.

BANDITROD
10-05-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah mate thats right its amazing how bad smoking realy i:D:Ds

scotty mac
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
i've finaly figured out how to load up my vid. its about 6 years old now.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMD350Zx7E

IMP-INC
19-05-2007, 09:56 PM
pain is a bitch

BANDITROD
20-05-2007, 02:35 PM
you get used to it after a while but yes its still a bitch[}:)]

vtr420
14-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Pain lets u know your alive :)

Kinda like motorbikes lol

BANDITROD
14-06-2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1441675980134.jpg
fuck yeah i just had a plate put in my shoulder four weeks ago so this is my latest scare[}:)]:D

oldskool
16-08-2007, 11:56 PM
True the tshirts make you look like fuckin idiots, Fuck it why you got helmets on
ya pussies ,all out not half way.
Grow up kiddies!
Go Turbo!

JRW
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
ouch... thats gotto hurt. Ok. not that I am into stunting or anything, and tbh I really am not about to try - but I have hit max acceleration on my bike, and the front hasn't even felt like it was lifting. I do remember once I had a 2up on there, and accelerated up a hill and the front wheel got light - but it certainly didnt lift! so - HOW?

scotty
04-11-2007, 07:57 PM
na fair go dill they can like get the front up and stuf

Avenging Angel
22-01-2008, 02:41 AM
hay man iam a 250 stunter i love my CBR250 so far iv wone the
Inham bernout comp bike bracet ,
iv got a Nothen Nashnol mph recored for 250s,
n in this munths Rapid bike mag for stunting
n i travill n play on twistys with her all the time ,
iam doing J.C.s combows n a few balencing things n bernout triks trying to do wheelya at momit got my back pega on the shift the wha8t hahaha
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/44753114737739.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4475311473631.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/44753114734185.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4475311475034.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4475311475870.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4475311476079.jpg

oled pic but soon as iam back on the road iam going way biger n got a shit lowed of stunts i whant to do

Avenging Angel
22-01-2008, 03:15 AM
hay man just sent e-mail to Petey hope u's got it

Avenging Angel
22-01-2008, 03:42 AM
oh man what the hell with all the nasty comments if u r not in to 250s stunting y the hell r u looking at this post for seresly what the !!!!!
n be for u tack a shot at my spelling to i am dislecsik but dus that mack me less then u hell NO .
n yer iam a p platter n prawed of it EVERY one has to stat sume where ,
[:X]
man we r all here becoues we love to ride not here to Bich

BANDITROD
22-01-2008, 08:17 AM
well said angel

Avenging Angel
23-01-2008, 04:16 AM
haha thnax man iv juyed up to tork bikes not here people atack ech other we all redy have no rides doing that ,
n how r u man

INSANERIDER
18-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey guyz,dis is INSANE RIDER AKA NITIN here,m a stunter from INDIA,check out my way of making stunts on my 150cc motorbike.

HERE are the pics enjoy ;)

My 12o"clock"s
http://img4.pictiger.com/df5/14207437_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207437/)

http://img4.pictiger.com/bed/14207438_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207438/)

My semi high chair wheelie
http://img4.pictiger.com/36e/14207479_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207479/)

Da wAy i make rolling turns in endoz
http://img4.pictiger.com/1b1/14207439_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207439/)

My bar footer wheelie
http://img4.pictiger.com/5ca/14207442_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207442/)

Me doing beyond 12o"clock wheelie
http://img4.pictiger.com/b6e/14207444_th.jpg (http://img47922.pictiger.com/images/14207444/)

MORE PICS COMIN up ASAP,as i ill upload dem if i will be free

Loz
19-02-2008, 10:59 AM
That's fucking impressive Nitin.

INSANERIDER
19-02-2008, 06:05 PM
thanx guys nd i wanna tell u guyz dat may be i wilL be shifting to australia this year nd will stunt dere

Avenging Angel
07-03-2008, 04:04 PM
hell yer love the pics man :)

scrotary
18-05-2008, 09:07 PM
hey guy's just the thread i was looking for, have a vtr 250 sitting in the shed and after the AFR i've decided to turn it into my first stunter, a couple of questions, i have just got a cbr twin disc front wheel for it and noticed the cbr discs are smaller, someone said one of you guys had done the swap, did you get another vtr disc or do you have to get cbr caliper's, any help would be greatly appreciated, also is there a sprocket kit that fits or is it a case of making your own, am hoping to fit a firestorm tank as to save the vtr one from dents, good luck with the 250 crew, give me 12 months or so practise.

pesh
18-05-2008, 09:13 PM
hey m8 i reckon u should just rock it on the standard sprockets first to get the feel for it . slow the bike down till u can get it to idle . then move up in the sprockets

el sammo
21-05-2008, 03:33 PM
hey scrotary im pretty sure some of the honda dirtbike sprockets fit the vtr rear wheel, not sure what model youd have to look into it

scrotary
21-05-2008, 03:50 PM
cheers guys appreciate the help, will try a few things and let youse know how it goes

vtr420
11-06-2008, 07:46 PM
If your going to put a cbr rim on you need to make up some spacers to chnage the diameter of the hole int the rim from 20mm to 15mm all you might have some fun. i rode around for about 2 months with put knowing this untill exben kindly pulled my axle out whille nut and rim was still atached!!

Yoou need to run vtr disks i havent put them on yet as i have 2 cbr disks and one vtr one ran the cbr disks but u end up with a front pads that end up touching each other.

I learnt on stock sprokets and moved to +7 when i started getting them high if you want to go up i suggest +3 untill you get the hang of it because it serverly reduced the amountof time in the air if your not at Bp. Im about to go to 10+ as it dosent seam to have enough pull on idle.

I took me about 2 months of practise to get the wheel off the ground if you look through this section for my threads there is some vids ive put up.

Get into it man would be good to see another vtr rippn it up ;)

scrotary
11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
cheers vtr, i've swapped the bearings out of the vtr wheel so i can use the vtr axle as i didn't get one with the cbr wheel, have tracked down some cbr929 disc's as there the same size and stud pattern, am having trouble with the speedo drive though might just make a spacer and get rid of it, i've also got a cbr rear swing arm and am going to fit that, have fitted a second clutch lever setup for the rear brakes i've made some frame sliders out of bmx stunt pegs that go in the frame bolts that hold the motor in, cheap and effective, just gotta make a 12 oclock bar and i hit the road, can't wait.
have got an xl500 motor sitting under the bench, i think when i get used to stunting i'll throw that in.
will check out the vids now, thanks for your help guy's have been thinking about this for years but didn't know where to start.

vtr420
12-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a beast ill swap ya you can have mine :) its a proven Machine

Do the 929 Disks have the same diameter as the vtr ones ??

That could make for some nice stoppie fun ( Altough id never trust the front end of the vtr trust me lol )

scrotary
12-06-2008, 08:31 AM
yeh from the measuremnets i was given the following are the same as the vtr single fromt disc:
CBR400SF VTEC SPEC I II III (1999~2004) / VTR1000F (1997-2004) / CBR900RR (1994-1997) / CBR600F (1995~1998) / CBR400RR [NC29] (1988-1999) / VFR750F (1994-1997) / VFR400R [NC30] (1989-1993) / RVF400 [NC35] (1994-2001) / RS250R [HONDA] 1989~1990,1993~2002)
ROTOR TYPE: SEMI FLOATING
ROTOR THICKNESS: 5MM
DIAMETER OUTER: 296MM
BOLT PATTERN: 75MM
Front Brake Disc for Honda CBR CB 900-400/VFR RVF 1000-400
also am getting cbr 900 calipers to see if they'll fit, i'm making a huge billet brace to go where the front gaurd bolts, should stiffen the front end enough so it won't twist under stress, hopefully

vtr420
12-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Damn a wealth of information !!

i wasnt talking about twisting under brakes i was thinking tanks slappers during stoppies :O

MR.SHOTGUN
28-06-2008, 07:51 PM
hey i just leared how to do a u turn on me tufiddy, does that count.

BANDITROD
29-06-2008, 01:36 PM
as long as you do it on the front or rear wheel mate

IMP-INC
30-06-2008, 11:57 PM
whoolies for life