PDA

View Full Version : No more single seat mod plates for Qld.....

Tony Nitrous
21-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Now (July) it's a DIY job.

Quote:

"Reclassification of modifications to change a motorbike's seating capacity
- Commences 1 July 2014
As part of Queensland Government's commitment to reducing red tape and regulation, Transport and Main Roads has conducted a review into the approval requirements for changes to a motorbike's seating capacity.
As a result of this review, Transport and Main Roads has decided that these modifications will now be reclassified as basic modifications, meaning that vehicle owners will be able to self-certify the modification, provided the modification meets the requirements of the LL section of the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification. Certification by an Approved Person and affixing of a modification plate will no longer be needed for this modification.

This means that from 1 July 2014:

A motorbike owner who wants to change the seating capacity of their vehicle can do so without needed to see an Approved Person.
The technical requirements about seat length and pillion foot provisions still apply and must be followed. These can be found in the LL section of the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (PDF, 267 KB).
Until these changes start, if you want to change the seating capacity of a motorbike you must follow the current process and have a modification plate fitted by an Approved Person.
In the coming weeks, Transport and Main Roads will write to all Approved Persons who are currently accredited to certify motorbike seating capacity modifications to tell them about the change."

Bob
21-06-2014, 09:01 PM
So I have a mod plate for single seat, does this mean Its no longer required?

MONO
22-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a saving on the plate cost too

Tony Nitrous
01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
B-King done this morning.

Quick.
Simple.
Cost... $0

Tony Nitrous
01-07-2014, 09:58 AM
.... so I took the Busa up too.

Even easier,
woman filled the form in for me and want interested in standing in
the cold wind to look at the bike!

That's two done....

http://i59.tinypic.com/5z0v4.jpg

wackyrider
01-07-2014, 10:07 AM
How is it co re-convert back to 2 seater if you wanted to?

all i need to do is remove the pillion pegs and pillion seat so?

Tony Nitrous
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Not a clue.
Haven't done it.

I'd image the reverse.
Turn up, fill in form, they look at bike,
But then you pay the extra CTP.

Suncorpe just said they will sort a refund.
Can't be don't through Qld Transport.