PDA

View Full Version : Grip Ace™ Hidden Motorcycle Switch Controls

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi I'm Katana Dave, and my company Keband Australasia, has been appointed the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Grip Ace Industries.

The patented Grip Ace hidden motorcycle switch system will allow you the ability to remove the stock switch controls from any motorcycle and replace them with a switch pad located under your fingers in your left handgrip.

The Grip Ace™ will control your starter, turn signals; hi/lo beam headlights and horn. The system can also be use to control accessories such as air ride, nitrous or other lighting functions. Custom bikes can finally have an affordable, legal, clean handle bared custom motorcycle. If building a bike from scratch or modifying a stock motorcycle, the Grip Ace™ system will pay for itself for the lack of labor when wiring the handle bars and the cost for visible, analog switch controls.

Australian website being created, however please check them out at www.gripace.com (http://www.gripace.com)

First shipment due to arrive in Australia in 2 weeks, with expected retail price of $450 + GST

For ASF members, price will be $450 inc GST and postage Australia wide.

Should you wish to preorder, we will discount to $400 with prepayment.
Preorders close Monday 2nd December.
Call me 0419 378 461 or email david@keband.com to preorder.

Cheers
Dave

Gix11
27-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Please welcome Dave, our latest sponsor / advertiser, and show him some support (as he has shown us) with his new product. Get the word around!

This is great show bike material.

Cruisecontrol
27-11-2013, 06:57 PM
If I didn't have thumbs I would be all over that like a rash.

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks Cruisecontrol
With or without thumbs these switches do away with your old switch blocks allowing for cleaner bars.
They can also be custom ordered so as they can control whatever functions you like.

K6Thou
27-11-2013, 07:17 PM
So I can only assume that any wiring is inside the bars ?

Any pics of the connectors etc that are supposed to join the loom ?

If there are four buttons per grip how do they control more than the four functions on the left switch block ?

Cheers.

Redmohawk
27-11-2013, 07:19 PM
You just want to know how to hook it up to the RPG right ?

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 07:36 PM
So I can only assume that any wiring is inside the bars ?

Any pics of the connectors etc that are supposed to join the loom ?

If there are four buttons per grip how do they control more than the four functions on the left switch block ?

K6Thou

The buttons are connected to a control module which can be located under the tank, seat etc.

The four-push button rubber switch pad gives 6 different switch functions

The module is preprogrammed for the following functions
Button 1 - Hi/Low beam
Button 2 - Left Indicator
Button 3 - Horn
Button 4 - Right indicator
Press 3 and 4 together - Start

The connections are made into existing loom using the wire tap connectors which are supplied in the kit

Full instructions are provided with kit and I can email as well.
Cheers

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 07:40 PM
The system can be installed into billet or rubber grips.
Dimensions of the cut out are provided for installation.
Above picture shows a pair of grips which have had them installed.

Redmohawk
27-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Want some advice ? Fuck off those cheap ass wire tap connectors from your kit (makes the kit look like cheap gear to installlers in the know) , they will only encorage people to use them (and they should never be used on a bike EVER)

You'll get far less greef from home installers complaining your stuff keeps playing up. Tell your customers to trim insulation wrap solder and re-insulate with good quality tape at the least (self amalgimating tape is the way to go really).

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks Redmohawk
Your advice is great and totally agree.

fimpBIKES
27-11-2013, 09:46 PM
sooo 5yrs/20kgs ago....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/fimpbikes/th_RMOV0462.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/fimpbikes/RMOV0462.mp4)
:p

Katana Dave
27-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes, the original system has been around for a few years with Australian riders purchasing direct from Grip Ace in LA.
Through continued R & D, the 2nd generation of the units has just been released, which is smaller and fine tuned compared to the original units.
By stocking the units in Melbourne, both Grip Ace and myself are wanting to offer better service and support.

fimpBIKES
28-11-2013, 11:15 AM
good onya Dave,

fwiw i found the support from grip-ace direct to be some of the best i have experienced in the industry
when the mounting location rooted the brain on mine (too much heat and vibes where i put it i think) they guys over there shipped me a new unit in return for my tested/broken one.

it looks as if the wiring has been made more steamlined out of the buttons
my biggest issue was that the plug on the end of the wires made it impractical to route through the bars
(i didnt want a 10mm hole in my bars!)
is this still the case?

Katana Dave
29-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the support.

Unsure of what the issue was with your original module, however I am glad you were well looked after

The cut out for the connector on the switch pad is about 8mm, 9mm to give yourself some a little room to work.

Cruisecontrol
29-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Hey, Dave what is the bike in your avatar?

Katana Dave
29-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Hey Cruise, it's my Honda CD250 Café Racer

Cruisecontrol
29-11-2013, 08:24 AM
I thought it looked familiar.
I made it!
How is it going?

Katana Dave
29-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Going well here.
How are you?
My son is riding her more than me at present

Katana Dave
01-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the enquiries, the support is appreciated.
Pre orders for the extra special price of $400 close tomorrow.
If anyone else would like to secure a Grip Ace at this price please contact me.
Cheers
Dave

Hagarr
31-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I Like!

kev@vcm
01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Hmmmm me likey likey big time

Katana Dave
21-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Thanks Hagarr and Kev.
First shipment has arrived and pre orders being sent out.
If you would like, I now have stock on shelves for immediate delivery.
Give me a call 0419 378 461 or email david@keband.com
Cheers
Dave

Katana Dave
08-07-2014, 12:54 AM
With our new website completed and new shipment of GRIP ACE digital switches arriving and will continue the special ASF member price of $400 inc delivery Aust Wide which is $95 less than normal price.

I can be contacted on 0419 378 461 or email sales@gripace.com.au

Online store at this time does not have ASF member price so please contact me direct.

New website is www.gripace.com.au

Thank you for your support and orders

Katana Dave

ozzy1100
08-07-2014, 08:49 PM
looks good