PDA

View Full Version : Petition against the 3 bikes crap in the papers.....

sharky
11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
An online petition has been started against the Queensland Government’s proposed legislation that discriminates against people riding motorcycles.
The petition is being run through Change.org rather than the government’s own ePetition since the red tape involved with the latter would mean it may not be ready in time for the rally tomorrow (October 12) at DJ Smith Park in Canungra from 9am.
Paper copies of the petition will be available at the rally or you can sign the petition now by clicking here.

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/premier-campbell-newman-and-attorney-general-and-minister-for-justice-jarrod-bleijie-refrain-from-enacting-any-legislation-that-discriminates-against-motorcyclists?share_id=fpwKqwDRsr&utm_campaign=twitter_link&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

This is the wording prepared for us by solicitor and motorcycle rider Jim Feehely.

Dear Mr Newman and Mr Bleije,

In the pursuit of a political campaign to rid Queensland of ‘criminal bikie gangs’, you have each recently made statements to the media that you consider it reasonable that all motorcyclists be subject to overt prejudicial discrimination by legislation and by the conduct of the police.* We, the motorcyclists of Queensland, totally reject that position.

The current police campaign of discriminatorily stopping and detaining motorcyclists for the sole reason that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists is a flagrant breach of our legitimate freedom to use the roads lawfully as is the right of every other Queensland road user.* This campaign does not, to our knowledge, have any legislative authority.* It must, therefore, have executive authority.

This campaign is already legitimising the prejudice of those in the community that hold an unjustified adverse attitude to all motorcyclists without any differentiation between ordinary motorcyclists and what you term ‘criminal bikies’.* *That is already putting our safety on the road in unnecessary and avoidable jeopardy.* That situation will be greatly exacerbated by your government if it enacts legislation that expressly authorises the police to continue or intensify this discriminatory campaign.* We are not what you term ‘criminal bikies’.* We do not engage in criminal activity.* Your statements and your government’s declared intention to pass obviously discriminatory legislation is an insult to every Queensland motorcyclist.

We, the motorcyclists of Queensland, therefore demand to be treated by the Queensland government and the police with fairness and equity to which every other Queensland citizen is entitled.* In particular, we demand the following of the LNP majority in the Queensland parliament:

To refrain from using its majority to enact any legislation that discriminates against motorcyclists as a community group on any grounds whatsoever.

To refrain from enacting legislation that expressly authorises the police to stop and detain any motorcyclist on the basis only that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists.

To use the government’s executive power to instruct the police commissioner to instruct his officers to immediately cease the campaign, already commenced by the police, of randomly, and without any reasonable cause or suspicion, stopping and detaining motorcyclists for the sole reason that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists.

Please, let’s not get into a fight over semantics. It is only the basic sentiment of the petition that really matters, not the exact wording.
I selected a target of 10,000 signatures which is quite adventurous, I know, but no harm in aiming high.
Now get out there and share this with your social media friends, business contacts and anyone else who values what freedoms we have left to enjoy in our country.
And ride safe to the rally tomorrow.

ozzy1100
11-10-2013, 08:04 PM
done

K6Thou
11-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I signed and have been pushing this on the bike sales group I run on FB.

sharky
11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Good onya.
We'll be at the rally tomoro. ..might see a few of you lot there.....

K6Thou
11-10-2013, 09:18 PM
If I was further south I'd be there Russ.

sharky
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh, and in case any were thinking..'it won't happen to me'........they have already started....and it's not even passed law yet.....

Tony Nitrous
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I've been stopped on group rides regularly for the last 9 years.
Two of these were within 5 K's of each other.
RBT's, licence checks, TMR vehicle inspections.
The "new" laws don't seem that new to me.

sharky
11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
The most scary thing is all this 'anti bikie' legislation being rushed through with no opposition....once they do it once they will think they can do anything...Fitzgerald enquiry anyone ?

K6Thou
11-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Seeing as how the attorney General has admitted the proposed legislation WILL affect every day bike riders this should be a no-brainer as far as getting together against it.

As Russ has said the police are already throwing their weight around with this shit behind them.

Get onto it people !!

stiffsimon
12-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Done. This is an absolutely disgraceful proposal by QLD government.

wackyrider
12-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Done. Damn, didn't see this yesterday or I would have attended

K6Thou
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Anyone on FB can express their displeasure here.... https://www.facebook.com/campbell.newman?fref=ts

El_Hefty
12-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I've been stopped on group rides regularly for the last 9 years.
Two of these were within 5 K's of each other.
RBT's, licence checks, TMR vehicle inspections.
The "new" laws don't seem that new to me.

when they whip out a camera and demand to take a picture and log all the your details it'll seem fairly new

Tony Nitrous
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah, when it happens ill worry,
then again, maybe I won't worry.
They are welcome to a picture,
It'll be quite similar to the one they already have
on file from my current driving licence.
(Perhaps I should have protested about that too?)

Had a couple of stops this year for RBT's
and one looking at Vin's / numbers.

Happy to see them after drunks and stolen bikes.
No complaints there.

sharky
13-10-2013, 07:12 AM
We went to a pub yesterday...one we have been to regularly over the last few years...About 15 or so bikes...
We're sitting outside having a cold beer...when low and behold...5 plain clothes and a uniform copper appeared....
Quizzed us, names addresses licenses.....
Someone in the pub, without consulting the landlord, had called them.....That's what all the media hysteria is doing....
The landlord told us he would be ringing the station....he wondered why the local cops didn't ring him...he has a good relationship with them.....
So in total, 5 plain in 2 cars plus 3 more marked cars....half hour of wasted time....how much taxpayers $$$$$$$ ?????

Jinx
13-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Sounds like we are going back to the bad old days of the 70s and 80s in Qld. Anyone on a bike was a target for the cops and media back then. Lost my fair share of points and licences just because the politicians had told the cops to get us off the road. Not much fun living in a police state.

Redmohawk
13-10-2013, 10:13 PM
And you'll love when the laws are passed and you decide to not tell them or bend over for the trunchen. Cause then they'll have the right to detain you doesnt that sound like fun Mein Fuhrer . I wonder If I'll get a star to wear when I come up to visit my son next or if I'll just get shoved in a camp.

Bigjase
15-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Shit I can't open that link on my phone will try tonight in the home computer....

safighter
15-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Done ,what next South Australia already descriminates against bike riders ,we need a national rally.

Jinx
15-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Whatever draconian legislation Qld brings in has always filtered through to the other states eventually. Basically we are all screwed no matter what state you live in. Must be time to get off our arses and shit can this bullshit once and for all.

Tony Nitrous
15-10-2013, 08:46 PM
What will be interesting, is in 12 months time
how it has actually effected "outlaw / 1%" clubs.
I'm expecting thing to change a bit but I fail to see
how the current laws will have much to do with it.

Bob
15-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Signed, Do you think there gonna get more defect freindly with the new law even if your not in an outlaw club? Would we be picked on as a group of social riders cause we wear a united tshirt/patch?

K6Thou
15-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Mate the attorney general has stated that social riders will be affected by this bullshit. As of today it is law.........

Tony Nitrous
16-10-2013, 08:56 PM
http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/premier-campbell-newman-releases-list-of-bikie-gangs-to-be-declared-as-criminal-organisations-under-tough-new-laws/story-fnihsrf2-1226740604485

www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/premier-campbell-newman-releases-list-of-bikie-gangs-to-be-declared-as-criminal-organisations-under-tough-new-laws/story-fnihsrf2-1226740604485

Cruisecontrol
17-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Under the Criminal Law (Criminal Gangs Disruption) Amendment Bill, once declared a criminal organisation, members of the 26 clubs will be banned from attending their clubhouses and hanging out in groups of three or more.

Again, bikie gangs are trying to drag the rest of us into their problems to save their own arses...

sharky
17-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Wtf Dan ?
Its the GOVERNMENT making the laws that will affect us not the clubs....
I'm not going down this path again with you....
I guess you believe everything the courier mail tells you. ...

As one top cop said last year...they represent about 20% of the drug trade on gold coast.....the russians , middle eastern and chinese gangs are loving this hysteria......for them its business as usual.

Cruisecontrol
17-10-2013, 07:50 AM
How will it affect me?

latheboy
17-10-2013, 11:44 AM
So people actually ride there bikes?

That's not the streetfighter way.... shouldn't they be in bits in the shed;)

Large
17-10-2013, 12:14 PM
How will it affect me?

This is from facebook-

need to put this out there so please bear with me it'll get a little long. This week after years of riding I joined the MRAQ and the UMCQ, I am no longer content to just lurk. Last week I was pulled over 4 times, and I am as far removed from the imagine of a bikie as you can get. I am a 35 yo geek, I work as an IT Manager and I haven't seen the inside of a gym for a good 10 years. So yeah the police aren't just targeting perceived OMC member's but anyone riding a motorcycle. I am not a proponent of illegal activities but I have to stand up for the civil liberties that are being eroded in Queensland.

All this talk about the need for new laws to control "bikie gangs" because of their alleged criminal activities is nonsense. We have laws that allow the police to arrest criminals; these laws apply to all residents of Australia, not just one group.

Apparently, under these new powers “gang members can be dragged before secret hearings and jailed if they refuse to answer questions. Under new unexplained wealth laws, the bikies stand to lose their bikes, their homes, businesses and cash if they can't convince the crime commission that they have come by them all by legal means” (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australian-crime-commission-takes-aim-at-turf-war-sydney-bikies-on-the-gold-coast/story-fni0cx12-1226731920255 (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fn ews%2Fnsw%2Faustralian-crime-commission-takes-aim-at-turf-war-sydney-bikies-on-the-gold-coast%2Fstory-fni0cx12-1226731920255&h=dAQH-ThY1AQEE8EJ7UAUZb1rtTwKwFcIK6EtgtJiiag4ciw&s=1)).

Furthermore, the “Newman Government plans to introduce laws to prevent members from gathering in groups, from wearing club colours in bars and restaurants and from owning or working in tattoo parlours” (http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3859470.htm (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Flateline%2Fc ontent%2F2013%2Fs3859470.htm&h=VAQGUg3wBAQHS5frQXuO2hrpX-o1FfJtQvDSjmUNGM5Uj_A&s=1)).

All that sounds a lot like discrimination to me.

Under the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD) grounds for unlawful discrimination includes “political belief or activity”, and the areas covered by the Act include: • work and work related; • club membership; • administration of state laws and programs; • local government.

Unfortunately, the Act fails to define “political belief”, but the Macquarie dictionary includes the following in its definition of “political”: • of or relating to the governing of a nation, state, municipality, etc • engaged in or connected with civil administration • having a definite policy or system of government • of or relating to citizens; and defines “belief” as “that which is believed; an accepted opinion”.

So, we can define someone’s “political beliefs” as their accepted opinion on how their group of citizens should be administered.

Therefore, the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 must apply. Which, in turn, makes what the Queensland Government is proposing in direct contravention of its own legislation. Since the penalty is three months in prison, is Mr Newman planning to incarcerate himself?

The Act also states that a “person must not victimise another person”. Surely, locking people up without redress to the laws that apply to all citizens of this nation must be seen as victimisation.

Now, I concur the many members of bikie clubs look scary, but that is not a reason to treat them differently from other members of the community. Because if we allow this erosion of civil rights where does it stop?

The bikie gangs have been accused of criminal activities, yet very few criminal charges have been laid. The rhetoric that attributes the actions of a few to the many smacks of the tactics used by Hitler to initiate anti-Semitic behaviour. Hitler wrote about the involvement of Jews in “the social phenomenon of prostitution, and more especially in the white slave traffic” (Mein Kampf) and used that as a jumping off point that ultimately led to the Holocaust.

Campbell Newman has said, “we are going to act like no state has acted before. We will try every possible approach to shut them down” (30/09/13). “Every gang member will be assumed to be a criminal and treated as such until this is over” (Campbell Newman 29/09/13).

Did I miss something? Has Australia withdrawn from the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), which guarantees the right to presumption of innocence? It also guarantees the right to a fair trial and fair hearing, and minimum guarantees in criminal proceedings, such as the right to counsel and not to be compelled to self-incriminate.

“The UN Human Rights Committee has stated that the presumption of innocence imposes on the prosecution the burden of proving the charge and guarantees that no guilt can be presumed until the charge has been proved beyond reasonable doubt” (http://www.ag.gov.au/RightsAndProtections/HumanRights/PublicSectorGuidanceSheets/Pages/Presumptionofinnocence.aspx (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ag.gov.au%2FRightsAndProt ections%2FHumanRights%2FPublicSectorGuidanceSheets %2FPages%2FPresumptionofinnocence.aspx&h=iAQHP_tEnAQGYgPgTzwtkKU-FBP3cNrgNDX4OjvjJGnVknA&s=1)).

Perhaps Mr Newman and the rest of his fascist regime need to read the Covenant and the other six human rights treaties to which Australia is a signatory.

I can find no correlation between preventing three or more people riding motorcycles together and the eradication of organised crime. Nor can what people choose to wear have a significant impact on organised crime. The recent events at the Gold Coast have resulted in a number of people being arrested for rioting and affray. Further investigations have managed to turn up a number of minor drug charges. None of it worthy of the propaganda campaign that is currently being waged in the media.

Given the number of people in Australia who are members of a motorcycle club the percentage who have been convicted of a major crime is relatively small. In fact the number of police found guilty of major crimes is comparable, as is the number of Catholic priests found guilty of sexual abuse. Yet no-one appears to be suggesting that priests should not be allowed to work in churches or with children, or that police officers should not be put in a position where they can abuse their powers.

Yes, there are members of motorcycle clubs who break the law. Catch them and convict them. Yes, there are members of motorcycle clubs who become involved in brawls. Again, catch them and convict them. But also catch and convict all the footballers, night club drunks, and others who exhibit similar antisocial behaviour.

Can we please forgo the draconian measures being proposed and allow common sense and fairness to prevail? I certainly hope so.

It upsets me greatly that the Queensland Constitution clearly sets out that all legislation at all times & in all things does equal justice to all persons and yet we have a State Government that holds our constitution in contempt, & are are quite happy to forgo the basic tenants of our justice system.

Sorry for the length, like I said just wanted to get it off my chest.
Sounds like it's going to affect anyone who dares to ride a bike in Queensland.

sharky
17-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Except those that choose to bury their heads in the sand aye Dan ????

Tony Nitrous
17-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I've been stopped going UP Mt Glorious,
and again coming back DOWN.
5 minutes apart, same cop.
RBT, licence check and vehicle inspection.
Group ride.

I've been stopped twice just over the NSW border,
in the same direction, a couple of K's apart.
RBT, licence check, vehicle inspection.
... again, Sunday group ride.

Cops needs to contact a guy I ride with (not crime related)
but he had new phone / address so they called ME! So obviously
I / we are on a data base.

Funny thing is, all this happened 3 or 4 years back,
without the terrible new laws. Not real different for me so far.

Tony Nitrous
17-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I find it interesting that 99% of stuff I read is about
how its going to effect poor Joe Average.

Not seeing much from the public / motorcyclists on how
they think it will effect the groups it's actually aimed at,
if its seen to be good / bad and if they support 1%'rs or
actually want them gone.

The Elephant in the room ?

Cruisecontrol
17-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Except those that choose to bury their heads in the sand aye Dan ????

I get involved when it affects me. I attended rallies to stop the CTP increase because that actually affected all riders.
I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the 26 gangs declared so I have no issue with this whatsoever.

"Not seeing much from the public / motorcyclists on how
they think it will effect the groups it's actually aimed at,
if its seen to be good / bad and if they support 1%'rs or
actually want them gone.

The Elephant in the room ?"

Exactly Tony. The 1%ers are, as usual, using the rest of the motorcycle community to help their own cause.

GammaBoy
17-10-2013, 03:40 PM
MRAQ is a pretty ineffectual group - MRA in other states has achieved change, but MRAQ are amateurs. A mate of mine has been at me and our mates to all join MRAQ, and see to it that people who are usefull and effective advocate/activist types get into seats... might be time to make that happen.

UMCQ, I have been lead to believe, is heavily polluted by gang reps (ie the fuckwit who said the new laws would drive "Honest" bikies to crime).

Potentially the biggest effect we will see, is driven by the hype - see Sharky's experience on the weekend of the cops being called by a member of the public, or a mate of mine with a shaved head today:
"Rode the Husky up to the shops to grab a couple of things, got followed through the supermarket by a security guard, got a couple of "Tuts" off older people and overheard a wife ask her husband "what gang is he in?"......."

We're well on the way to being seen as undesireables simply for riding motorcycles... again.

As for the laws tageting "Outlaw motorcycle gangs" - well fuck, some of the gangs targeted (Notorious for one - they're a bunch of lebbo fuckwits from Sydney that wear gay sunnies and Ed Hardy shirts, and Muslim Brotherhood don't either I think).
They could have achieved 99% of the effect without dragging motorcyclists in general into this.

GammaBoy
17-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh, and for you guys saying "i've been pulled over for years, this won't change anything" - yes, QPol traffic branch and TMR have had a hardon for "Protecting Motorcyclist from themselves" - this is just giving them more of an excuse to give us a hard time.

Jinx
17-10-2013, 07:39 PM
I remember the hysteria in the mid 70s when some Brisbane patch wearers allegedly did the wrong thing at a party. The politicians and media had a field day whipping up anti biker bullshit just like now. Car drivers were throwing bottles at us and even running us off the road and pubs and shops would tell us to leave. Cops did fuck all about it then and they sure as shit wont do anything to help us this time.

Large
18-10-2013, 01:49 PM
This is from Bliejie's old boss-

Bleijie’s old boss links new anti-bikie laws to Nazi era
THE man who moved Jarrod Bleijie's admission as a solicitor has likened new anti-bikie laws to the Nazi era and says the Attorney-General has forgotten the basics of the law.
Kyle Kimball, a senior director of Sajen Legal where Mr Bleijie worked from 2006 until his election to Parliament in 2009, said new laws eroded civil liberties.
The State Government's new Vicious Lawless Associations Disestab
lishment Bill and the Criminal Gang Destruction Bill have been criticised by civil libertarians and legal experts who say they give the government the power to declare groups and people to be criminals without a trial.
The Attorney-General will also have the power to keep people in jail indefinitely under other legislative changes.
Mr Kimball took to Facebook to challenge Mr Bleijie's sweeping new laws.
"Nothing like removing judicial discretion eh JB? And your very own star chamber to boot?" he wrote.
"Are the constabulary so woefully inefficient that they are unable to prove a case and secure a conviction without a coerced confession by some throwback process from the middle ages?
"What's on the agenda after bikies? Who else will be for the truth serum?"
Mr Kimball told the Daily that the new laws showed disregard for laws developed over hundreds of years to protect people from persecution.
He pointed out fascist governments had been empowered by similar laws.
"The Nazis came to power with pieces of law like this," he said. "It may seem melodramatic but it's not."
Mr Kimball said the legislative changes also disregarded principles of sentencing which required consideration of the circumstances of the case and consistency of sentencing.
"I thought my partners and I had taught him better, but what we taught him seems to have vanished," he said.
Mr Kimball said the Attorney-General had not responded to any of his Facebook posts.
He said Mr Bleijie would not be surprised that he had challenged him as the Sajen legal office had always been a scene of debate.
"I'd just like to get Jarrod to think about it from a different perspective."

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/bleijies-old-firm-links-new-law-to-nazis/2055672/

MDM
18-10-2013, 07:59 PM
As one top cop said last year...they represent about 20% of the drug trade on gold coast.....the russians , middle eastern and chinese gangs are loving this hysteria......for them its business as usual.

The thing being, if anyone tried to construct a legal framework that prevented Russians, Middle Eastern types or Chinese from meeting in groups gresater than 3 then they'd get thrown in chokey for being racist...

Which brings me to a point. What if a family happens to have three people who all ride bikes? Are they not allowed to all be at home at the same time?...

Jockney Rebel
18-10-2013, 08:05 PM
..ok my two bob ..i have no prblem with the old bill nickin idiots who have done too many roids and think they can intimidate the local populace by "doin a samcro".....but indiscriminately stoppin everyone is nuts and is also counterproductive as it will drive the real nutters underground ..nuff said

Jockney Rebel
18-10-2013, 08:12 PM
ps....i experienced this shit in the 70s wheni was 17 and a spotty RD riding yoof in SARF east london i couldnt get served in most pubs because of my chosen garb and mode of transport .. nothing to do with the old bill just the hype the media inspired and the fall out from rockers and mods kickin shit out of each other on bank holidays..... ten years earlier ....shit sticks

Tony Nitrous
19-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Which brings me to a point. What if a family happens to have three people who all ride bikes? Are they not allowed to all be at home at the same time?...

Not sure, unless they are all members of a Qld "Gang".

Don't believe all the hype Dave.
Some of us are putting in plenty of K's
in groups and it's business as usual.

(But we are a "high bars / waistcoats with badges" free group)

;)

Jinx
22-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Looks like we have to be careful what we wear now when entering licensed premises.

http://www.olgr.qld.gov.au/aboutus/laws/liquor-act/index.shtml

Hillsy
22-10-2013, 09:22 AM
I see the Scorpions are listed as an outlawed gang.

Wonder what would happen if I wore this T shirt to the pub?

http://rockwear.se/shop/11602/art2/h4063/9364063-origpic-4dcf22.jpg

TurboKat
22-10-2013, 02:39 PM
I was about to start up a fishing club called the Hells Anglers, maybe I should rethink the name now... :rolleyes:

K6Thou
22-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't laugh TK it looks like the powers that be are wanting to introduce this shit down your way.....

GammaBoy
23-10-2013, 09:10 PM
From one of the lads on the Katana forum:
".........my brother commutes on an XL500S - during the course of the commute bikes end up congregating to better make use of space and better visibility etc.

So of course the inevitable happened - all 4 bikes got pulled over - photos taken, questioned about how they know each other, "gang" type activity etc.

......none of the commuters had ever spoken with or met each other - most were on 250's and none of them wore open face black helmets, rode either cruisers/H-D's or were wearing "colours" other than their regular biker PPE."

And so the ads keep telling us "Law abiding bike riders have nothing to fear".
Get fucked Mr Newman.

Hillsy
23-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Pulled over for lane splitting, perhaps?

If they ride anything like I did when I worked in the CBD, it's pretty much lane splitting all the way. I was pulled over a few times for that, but once they realised I wasn't a kid and didn't give them any lip they let me off with the "lecture".

The photos is a bit different, but other than that bikes getting pulled over for little (or no) reason is nothing new.

This shit will pass soon enough once something else grabs the publics' attention...

Gix11
24-10-2013, 10:41 AM
From one of the lads on the Katana forum:
".........my brother commutes on an XL500S - during the course of the commute bikes end up congregating to better make use of space and better visibility etc.

So of course the inevitable happened - all 4 bikes got pulled over - photos taken, questioned about how they know each other, "gang" type activity etc.

......none of the commuters had ever spoken with or met each other - most were on 250's and none of them wore open face black helmets, rode either cruisers/H-D's or were wearing "colours" other than their regular biker PPE."

And so the ads keep telling us "Law abiding bike riders have nothing to fear".
Get fucked Mr Newman.

This is exactly right mate. If you show a monkey a photo of a GPZ 250 with a hipster teenager on it, then a photo of a 1%er in colours on a Harley, monkey just sees a bike. How can you give this kind of power to people that have the same brain as the monkey in this situation?

Spyke
24-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Seen some interesting, and depressing stuff this week.

Queensland's finest? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/10/21/13/37/sons-of-anarchy-shirt-confuses-qld-cops

J (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/10/21/13/37/sons-of-anarchy-shirt-confuses-qld-cops)ustified? http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/premier-campbell-newman-releases-list-of-bikie-gangs-to-be-declared-as-criminal-organisations-under-tough-new-laws/story-fnihsrf2-1226740604485e

Meh, who cares what happens in QLD? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-21/victoria-seeks-to-follow-queensland-in-criminalising-bikie-gangs/5036344

J (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-21/victoria-seeks-to-follow-queensland-in-criminalising-bikie-gangs/5036344)oe Public's opinion: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=594701063920755&set=a.303840113006853.72562.159544784103054&type=1

And something to think about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came

(Hope the FB links work, but you get the idea)

Gix11
24-10-2013, 12:05 PM
That Townsville paper one did the rounds in here and on our Facebook group as well: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=370601479753434&set=gm.645441862147148

Spyke
24-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Ah cool, didn't know about that! Yeah just spotted the other thread too, pardon me for the double post. I can't believe I'm actually with the QPU on this one - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-21/officers-who-question-qld-police-bikies-crackdown-told-to-quit/5034698

Gix11
29-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Have you read this latest shit?

http://www.guestlawyers.com.au/index.php/blog/are-you-a-vicious-lawless-associate.html

It may be blown out of proportion should the event actually happen, as surely judges are known for their common sense and ability to see things for what they are, but check the last scenario example.

Large
31-10-2013, 07:23 PM
It's ok guys. If you want to ride in a group of 3 or more, you can ring a police hotline and you won't be harassed.

Motorcycle riders will now have to ring a police hotline number if they want to ride in groups of three or more in peace.
That is the preposterous proposal given to recreational riders today at an hour-long meeting with Queensland Police Minister Jack Dempsey and Police Commissioner Ian Stewart and Taskforce Maxima representatives over the implementation of the so-called Vicious Lawless Associations Disestablishment (VLAD) Act .

More here- http://motorbikewriter.com/2013/10/31/meeting-with-police-minister-on-anti-bikie-laws/

EVLZX
31-10-2013, 10:07 PM
It's ok guys. If you want to ride in a group of 3 or more, you can ring a police hotline and you won't be harassed.

Hello Mr Policeman me and my friends would like to go for a ride tomorrow if that is alright with you kind sir.
Oh what's that? Our route? Well why not then you can follow us the whole way...

ozzy1100
01-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Words fail me..........

Jinx
01-11-2013, 07:29 AM
If you tell them where you're riding, expect Highway patrols, Transport inspectors looking for mods, licence checks, radar and RBTs along the way. Knob heads.

hooligan
01-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I can't believe that was a serious statement, calling in to go for a ride. Jules better let them know he is coming to nfr, he might get stopped at the border, mistaken for a vicious French bikie leaving Queensland.

I wonder how many false ride routes they will get.... Maybe call and let them know the route that you commute to work on, just in case you ride near another couple of bikes.

Gix11
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
...and we're supposed to take the government seriously?

Hillsy
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
The guy getting questioned for wearing a Sons of Anarchy t-shirt was a pisser.....

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sons-of-anarchy-shirt-confuses-queensland-cops-20131021-2vw9h.html

hooligan
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
years ago, when i was on my L's, i had a virago 250 (insert derisive laughter here). i got pulled over for going a bit quick through a corner coming home from work, maybe 1am.
The cops asked me what club i rode with. I laughed at them as i explained that it was a 250cc japanese bike. Stupid cops are still about, but in QLD they now have the backing of ridiculous and poorly planned laws.

wackyrider
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I thought Vic was getting strict with the amount of hidden speed cameras. But in all the years that I lived there and the amount of rides I did and kms covered I only got pulled over a handful of times for licence check and RBT. And most of the time I was riding with 2 to 5 people.

This in Qld is getting to be a joke. To date I haven't been affected by it directly, so we'll just have to wait and see, however the preposterous idea from the numbnut that came up with the idea of calling in and advising where you're planning on going for a ride... Are you f**ken kidding me. So if you bump into a mate along the way, do you need to call in and advise. If you decide to change your route, do you have to advise so as not to arouse suspicion that you were just trying to throw them off your scent whilst you conduct illegal activities.

Most of all, I love how this law is made under the assumption that no OMG will actually conduct illegal activities using their cars instead. That would have been their plan as soon as the laws were passed. But the politicians obviously never saw that coming....

WTF is happening in today's world.

I don't see progress, I see regress.

Hillsy
01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Did anyone see the Gruen Transfer the other night? They were talking about the gumbyment ad campaign (not surprisingly) and said it's cost them $800k so far. And the OMCG's account for 0.6% of the organised crime in QLD.

By my calculations, it will cost an extra $132 million to run ad campaigns to target the other 99.4% of organised crime....

Tony Nitrous
01-11-2013, 08:15 PM
We are being saved in the nick of time...

(Tin foil hats on)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mg1qxk.jpg

EVLZX
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
http://youtu.be/tX5qiW4OtN4

wackyrider
04-11-2013, 05:56 PM
And it didn't take long till they found him

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/anonymous-video-posted-by-brisbane-man-daniel-walker-20131104-2wwdp.html

EVLZX
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
lol, that's just sad.

Jinx
05-11-2013, 06:18 AM
He will probably end up doing time for the video if the cops and politicians have their way.
Lets see what other legislation Newman pushes through parliament under this "anti bikie" smoke screen.

ozzy1100
05-11-2013, 11:24 AM
He already has , talk to people in public service about changes he has made
to their rights, you wont hear it in the media he has a ban on workers doing so along with things
like unions can't meet workers on gov property, long service capped to 16 weeks the list goes on and on
Btw they have or tring to stop workers comp Travel to and from work for all qlders
Bikie crime is 0.36% nation wide and the Qld gov now has stoped making the crime numbers public.......

GammaBoy
07-11-2013, 09:35 AM
A little something I knocked up.

MattyDucati
07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
http://www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/33255/

hyofighter
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
check the blokes facebook page he is coping it from everyone about everything , sure he prob doesnt read it but everyone else is , im sure he will end up with concrete boots and a one way fishing charter

GammaBoy
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/33255/
Heyworth is a motorcyclist too. (or was - haven't seen him for a few years now)

Tony Nitrous
11-11-2013, 12:11 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/v2qkok.jpg

ozzy1100
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Lol

GammaBoy
14-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Lol.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wooloowin/bicycles/childrens-balance-bike-y-bike-for-kids/1031118798
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTcwWDc2MA==/z/KPoAAOxy5jxSdfv9/$T2eC16h,!)oFIeiK,TK3BSdfv9EhR!~~48_20.JPG

Childrens Balance Bike: Y-Bike for kids
$50.00

This is a reluctant sale. Since the introduction of Campbell Newman's anti-bikie laws, my 3 year old has been feeling the heat of the fuzz on the back of her neck, so has decided to turn in her colours and shift her hog.

This orange beast has been her cruiser for the past 18 months, being passed down from the head of her chapter, her 6 year old brother. The Y-Bike is a common ride of members of the infamous Duplo gang (you often seen them wearing their primary colours proudly near slides and places that serve cappucinos without any coffee in them, with their pants hangin' low with the tops of their pull-ups peaking over the top - its the fashion, apparently). This model has been on the streets for about three years, scaring women and others who are easily scared by hard-core orange plastic balance bikes piloted by toddling bikies.

It runs beautifully. There are some scratches on it though. My daughter laid it on its side while running away from the cops after a bad deal went wrong (she was offloading some black-market hand-me-down onesies at a local playground and it turned out that what she thought was a play-group mum was actually an undercover fed). The bike still rolls beautifully, handles like a dream, and is stable in all sorts of conditions.

This bike would suit anyone from two upwards who wanted to break into the bike scene. The price a less than half retail, but only because my daughter needs the cash to sort a fake id in case Campbell's boys in blue come a-knocking.

The photo below is not the actual bike, but is exactly the same model. It is in hiding at the Duplo bikies' Kedron clubhouse. Send me a message or give me ring and we can sort to hook you up with this sweet ride. Just don't tell Campbell or the cops.