PDA

View Full Version : 365days, is that a record??

Benz
29-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm posting here just to keep things rolling. Just finished a rebuild of my mates 1977z1000, six months of beer and bullshit in the shed [just like it should be..], the bike is now under covers in his workshop, while he tries to find a doctor who can rebuild his failing eyesight, so he can actually ride it...
The K61000LRT [License Removal Tool] is still flying,and still fully clad....
The GPz750 turbo sits in the shed, waiting for a new owner. Trouble is GPz's are not classics yet, and even though I've blown 15k on this thing, no-one will pay me half that to own it, so I'm better off just keeping it.
The ZX9R trackbike is sold, the new owner is racing C grade at Hidden Valley, so I'll still get to see the old girl occasionally.2392 Here's a shot of the A21000, tidy piece of kit.

jakam04
30-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey Benz. I'm still hanging around down in Katherine but will soon be back on two wheels once it arrives in Darwin later this week. It'll be a beast but it's not a sports bike or fighter. Will organize to drop in and have a chat sometime soon.

Jarrod

Benz
30-08-2012, 01:54 PM
No worries Jarrod, be good to catch up. I'm living at Knuckey Lagoon, just off the Stuart Highway, between Berrimah, and Palmeslum. PM me when you get in, and give us a look at the new beast. They'd better be paying you well to live/work anywhere near Katherine!!

Hagarr
30-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Didn't know you were trying to sell the Geepz!

Silly question but how low will you go.

might be very interested!!

I'm posting here just to keep things rolling. Just finished a rebuild of my mates 1977z1000, six months of beer and bullshit in the shed [just like it should be..], the bike is now under covers in his workshop, while he tries to find a doctor who can rebuild his failing eyesight, so he can actually ride it...
The K61000LRT [License Removal Tool] is still flying,and still fully clad....
The GPz750 turbo sits in the shed, waiting for a new owner. Trouble is GPz's are not classics yet, and even though I've blown 15k on this thing, no-one will pay me half that to own it, so I'm better off just keeping it.
The ZX9R trackbike is sold, the new owner is racing C grade at Hidden Valley, so I'll still get to see the old girl occasionally.2392 Here's a shot of the A21000, tidy piece of kit.

Benz
30-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I had it for sale for 6.5k for a while, and got nothing but spammers offering to take it off my hands! One guy wanted to buy it, but ended up just pissing me around.
5.5k would lever it out of my hands, you pay the transport...
It just needs a bit of dyno time, it has all the goodies on it already, and there's a shitload of spares[including spare cases, and engine internals] enough to just about build another 'rat' bike.

jakam04
30-08-2012, 06:26 PM

jakam04
30-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Crossing my fingers I get relocated back to SEQ or Townsville after I finish a course in jun13. Will wait and see. I'm heading up tomorrow at this stage to collect toy. But being we are doing the up and back in one day, my dropping in for a chat may have to wait till next time.

No worries Jarrod, be good to catch up. I'm living at Knuckey Lagoon, just off the Stuart Highway, between Berrimah, and Palmeslum. PM me when you get in, and give us a look at the new beast. They'd better be paying you well to live/work anywhere near Katherine!!

Hagarr
30-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I had it for sale for 6.5k for a while, and got nothing but spammers offering to take it off my hands! One guy wanted to buy it, but ended up just pissing me around.
5.5k would lever it out of my hands, you pay the transport...
It just needs a bit of dyno time, it has all the goodies on it already, and there's a shitload of spares[including spare cases, and engine internals] enough to just about build another 'rat' bike.

Would you mind sending me some pics, obviously not regod but suitable for rego?

Do you have a build thread somewhere perhaps?

Benz
30-08-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?805-KAWASAKIS
Don't know if the pictures will come up for you, they are gone on my computer
The Geep would go straight through rego, it sits, ready to ride, apart from the tuning issue, which is mainly getting a consistant idle. Has a power commander fitted, and adjustable fuel pressure reg,350cc low imp injectors ,adj boost, 810 wisecos, uprated turbo, high volume oil pump, Gixxer front and rear suspension, blah blah, I have a complete list somewhere, and it is stupidly long........!!
I'll try and find the list.

Benz
30-08-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?818-GPZ-Turbo-project-rego-d
Phew...........48 or so pages in, there's been a lotta building going on around here.

Hagarr
31-08-2012, 10:45 AM
OK cool I remember the thread.

hopefully last question!

The bike is a genuine turbo model not a Geepz with Turbo?

I read some bits in the thread mentioning extra frame stuff which was only on the Turbo so am probably asking a silly question but just want to make sure I will be able to license as a Turbo!

Are you going to be around in the next couple of weeks? I might come up and take a look whilst you are still in the dry season.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?818-GPZ-Turbo-project-rego-d
Phew...........48 or so pages in, there's been a lotta building going on around here.

Benz
31-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah Hagarr, it is a genuine turbo model. The spare frame is also a turbo one, but has no compliance plate. The bike breezed through rego.
I'm not going anywhere soon, so no probs if you want to come up and take a look.

Hagarr
31-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Cool, Last question I promise!

Do you think it is OK to ride to Perth ?

If yes, I would have you service & check everything before I set off (pay for obviously) and bring my helmet & jacket & ride off in to the sunset!

Or is tune not good enough?

Benz
31-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I think you would be asking for trouble trying to ride it so far. There is an issue with idle quality that needs to be addressed before you could go anywhere. Mind you, once it is out of town, you wouldn't know there was a problem. The rest of the bike would easily be up for it, and the Michelin Pilot Road rubber is virtually new. As a bonus to purchase I have a long range tank that fits a gearsack rack here, but don't have the rack anymore.The bike has been sitting for 6 mths now,so it will need attention before going back on the road, and if you ride back, what about all the spares that go with it?? You'd have to rego it up here too...
It would be smarter to transport the bike, and spares, to Perth, and take it to Rock Hard, or one of several dyno tuners you guys are lucky to have access to, and get the fuel delivery closer to the mark. I have dynoed it once, which revealed a worn set of clutch plates, and a loose rotor nut. I have since replaced the fibre plates, no clutch slip now!], and refitted/tightened the alternator rotor, so it is ready for another tune.
Hagarr, the bike is a highly modded hybrid, so I couldn't sell it to you without saying you had better be good with spanners, and be prepared to use them!

Hagarr
31-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Cheers heard and fully understood.

My Current Builds for your information, respectfully I'm a dumbarse and can't post piccies but currently underway or finished

1) Almost ready to fire up B-King with Nitrous and ECU Editor (completely reprogrammed Suzuki ECU) installed completely and tuned by myself with the ability for race shift, cold air intake looking at 170+ RWHP + 50Shot Nitrous controlled by ECU (TPS % & Gear position), Yoshi S-22 4-2-1 instead of underseat exhaust, NO DYNO All tuned with Log Box and self tuning capability off my laptop. Oh and Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 sensor sending me some accurate AFR.

2) Harris Magnum - GSXR 1370cc Oil Burner Converting To F.I (Gixxer 2004 T.B's) and wiring harness, fitted and converted from spoke wheels to 2004 R1 front end and 17" modern rims and rubber CBR6 Tail, Awesome triples, all machiing, engine work and mods by me at home in my shed, not quite ready to fire yet just one more sensor to go for F.I. when I get a chance to get back to it. Once F.I. is sorted will fit the Turbo I have waiting.

3) Bandit 1200 repaired writeoff with GSXR gauges and dominators etc
4) Slabby with RGV front end Blah Blah Hopefully you get the picture.

All projects every aspect of engine machining, machining, modifying, wiring & swearing I have done myself except a ripper stainless one off exhaust my mate did for me on the Harris.

Sorry to bore you but just thought you might get who I am and appreciate that I have kept an eye on your build for a while with interest but didn't realise you were thinking of selling.

hopefully we can do a deal and hope to let you know sooner than later.

Apologies for the rant!

I think you would be asking for trouble trying to ride it so far. There is an issue with idle quality that needs to be addressed before you could go anywhere. Mind you, once it is out of town, you wouldn't know there was a problem. The rest of the bike would easily be up for it, and the Michelin Pilot Road rubber is virtually new. As a bonus to purchase I have a long range tank that fits a gearsack rack here, but don't have the rack anymore.The bike has been sitting for 6 mths now,so it will need attention before going back on the road, and if you ride back, what about all the spares that go with it?? You'd have to rego it up here too...
It would be smarter to transport the bike, and spares, to Perth, and take it to Rock Hard, or one of several dyno tuners you guys are lucky to have access to, and get the fuel delivery closer to the mark. I have dynoed it once, which revealed a worn set of clutch plates, and a loose rotor nut. I have since replaced the fibre plates, no clutch slip now!], and refitted/tightened the alternator rotor, so it is ready for another tune.
Hagarr, the bike is a highly modded hybrid, so I couldn't sell it to you without saying you had better be good with spanners, and be prepared to use them!

Benz
31-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Well from that lot.......... you the man!!
You should add this baby to your hybrid collection!
I never made it to O2 sniffer and self tune, but that would sort the fuel issues more than likely.
I've got PC111 maps here that I've made, starting with one from 750Turbo.com
You're welcome to all that stuff, and a manual, and appendix, 12 years of Geep turbo collection could be all yours..........!
Cheers mate, no apology necessary, that 'rant'made a good read.

Hagarr
03-09-2012, 10:06 PM
OK had a few wines so better be careful here!

Bloody hell flying within Oz sucks Balls, big huge fat ones!

FS I can go out of the country for one week and be looked after by lots of people for the same price as flying to Darwin!!!!

Still trying to sort a visit just keeping in touch!

Assume its still rego'd NT?

Benz
04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Rego has expired,but still has the plates attached. After two years off the road, you must surrender the plates, and get new ones, along with a roadworthy. All vehicles in the NT must be checked for roadworthy every year, with exceptions for cars under 5? years old. The turbo hasn't been ridden since January .
Been riding the K6 Gixxer this year,and trying to behave on the lunatic thing is impossible...........I love it!

Hagarr
05-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Missus is off to Phillipines Saturday so can't do anything until she gets back (19th September ) at the earliest. :(

Benz
06-09-2012, 06:25 PM
No worries Hagarr, seeing as there is a bit of time I might pull down the clutch, and give the new fibres a bit of a rub, and a good soaking in oil, as the damned thing is locking up, and the bike wont go into gear because of it. They are brand new,[less than 200k's on them] the bike really just needs to be ridden, but it will cost me 40bux for a roadworthy, then 400 more for rego for six months,to go for a thrash, so I'll attend to the clutch plates........... I'd have to do it anyway to get to the rego dude......

Hagarr
18-09-2012, 12:34 PM
PM Sent.

Let me know if you receive please.

Benz
18-09-2012, 01:58 PM
No PM yet.
Here's a shot of the turbo,uncleaned, fresh from under the covers.
I'm gonna free the clutch plates , charge the battery, then have a look at the plugs, and tps.

Hagarr
19-09-2012, 07:15 PM
PM Again :)

Hagarr
20-09-2012, 02:53 PM
And Again

:)

PM Again :)

RevHead
20-09-2012, 08:32 PM
fuck thats cool ,exhaust sucks but the rest is shit hot

Hagarr
20-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Thats OK Pete I have a mate who makes wicked Exhausts so maybe one of the first things to change

fuck thats cool ,exhaust sucks but the rest is shit hot

hyofighter
21-09-2012, 01:25 AM
hagarr you get this bike and ill hate you for ever , on the other hand i should become your bestie in hoping youll sell it to me later , hey buddy ol pal

Benz
21-09-2012, 09:41 AM
That exhaust has done its job. I was always going to change it out,it was supposed to be a "get through rego pipe"..even bought a new 2" outlet exhaust plate for the turbo, but never got around to it. The screaming Yoshi on the K61000 has fixed my exhaust problem!!

Hagarr
21-09-2012, 10:49 AM
:p

hagarr you get this bike and ill hate you for ever , on the other hand i should become your bestie in hoping youll sell it to me later , hey buddy ol pal