PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Stunt Riders or clubs?

kiwi_750
05-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know of any stunt groups or clubs in Melbourne? I would like to have a go but I don't know where I can go to practice even something simple, like a wheelie.

BANDITROD
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
the freeway has plenty of room or i know there used to be some come and try days at calder park

xa-mont
05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
there is always industrial areas.

kiwi_750
05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
ha ha, yes, except I find the freeways full of traffic (and police). I will have to search a bit harder around some industrial areas for a nice long strip of road.

BANDITROD
05-04-2012, 09:47 PM
plenty of nice straight roads out my way but its a fair ride to get here

xa-mont
06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
it's a fair straight boring ride to get there too Rod... Will have to do that again soon some time though.

BANDITROD
06-04-2012, 07:01 AM
for sure mate we are heading out skiing today (well the kids will be ill be stuck on the bank)

grnman
31-01-2013, 02:06 PM
im thinking of building a stunt bike to learn wheelies and the like on. i have my expensive streetfighter so dont want to bin that.
looking at the 2003/4 Ninja 636 then bolting the stunt gear on while still registered.

is there anywhere i can come down and have a chat with people and watch to get tempted into my project? i dont want to steal your riding spot or anything, i have my own. i just dont want to out lay the cost of a stunt bike (that you will never get your money back on if you dont like it) if i find its not for me. i doubt its not though. it that or a trials bike in the back yard.

cheers
grnman

Redmohawk
31-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Just make sure if your going to do some "harmless stunting " in an industrial area your in well with the locals first. If its a legal road (and the coppers will make dam will sure it is if they can) Anti hoon laws apply , lift a wheel or slip a tyre on the road one bit and your up for impoundment, And a court date. Private bitumen is tricky to find treat it like gold if you find it .

grnman
01-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the tips Red. i think there is some other law that states the private property must have a fence between it and the public road as well.