PDA

View Full Version : R6 (2006 or younger) tail compleat subframe seats etc (prefer crashed and fucked)

Redmohawk
06-01-2012, 09:12 AM
As it said above looking for a compleat (2006 pointed end type) R6 tail subframe seat's or main plus pasenger hard cowl assembly. Going to copy it in carbon fiber so a crashed unit that is beyond easy repair for use on a bike is fine as long as I can restore it to same shape to make a plug mould is all good. Dont need the tail light as a will be replaced with a new combo unit anyhow. Have found a few on the net but there all in good nick and priced acordingly I'm after cheap as it will only be copied (and modified ).

kev@vcm
06-01-2012, 12:16 PM
As it said above looking for a compleat (2006 pointed end type) R6 tail subframe seat's or main plus pasenger hard cowl assembly. Going to copy it in carbon fiber so a crashed unit that is beyond easy repair for use on a bike is fine as long as I can restore it to same shape to make a plug mould is all good. Dont need the tail light as a will be replaced with a new combo unit anyhow. Have found a few on the net but there all in good nick and priced acordingly I'm after cheap as it will only be copied (and modified ).

i have a set of R6 SEATS here mate , not sure what model you need but these are late model ones

Redmohawk
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
They look like prob fit ! Not to sure on the croc skin look mate, But I'm sure I can fix that lol how much do you want for em ? Keeping in mind you can strip the hides n keep em for a paying customer, I'll be fitting some Nolands "carbon fiber look" Vinyl.

sharky
07-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Nooooo...don't do it mate....once you put real carbon next to any 'look a like' it will look crap....
Put it this way...would you use genuine carbon fibre for a seat....would be a bit hard on ya butt...so why make them look like carbon ?

Redmohawk
07-01-2012, 11:24 AM
The bike is going to have more "real carbon fiber" than you can poke a carbon nano tube at sharky.

Carbon fiber wheels with stainless steel spoked 7000 serise hubs , polished ali frame , fiber tail including frame undertray panels, mask/headlight assembly front gaurd and rear hugger. All are one offs or plug moulds made from stock stuff with considerable manipulation to change there shape.

The only thing that will be "carbon look" is the seat Vinyl, not the stick on shit you get off ebay for wana be racer look but top shelf seat vinyl from Nolands its an auto seat vinyl for retriming car and boat seats. Comes in several colours , and will have a few extra twists to make it fit in with the Gimp theme of the bike. Was thinking "real" black leather to hold more true to the gimp idea but it suffers to much out in the weather and I'm not one for shedding my bikes to much. Although I might have to as I hate polishing Ali even more.

sharky
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I get what ya saying Red...my point is that you wouldn't make what wants to be a soft seat out of hard carbon...
I got a sample of Kev's carbon seat vinyl and it looked fine until put next to real c/f.

Plus I just hate fake.....beit carbon or tits..

Redmohawk
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Fair call , I put the vinyl up against hard carbon and found the difference looked good but I wasnt using the black stuff , was using the blue it comes in 5 different colours black blue silver grey green also in the same stock they do two diff types of brushed ali look . Thought I'd use the blue, black, and Ali look stuff to make the seat look like part of a gimp outfit . Buckles n bindings sort of shit.

The vinyl is soft, just like normal seat vinyl. I'm aiming for a hard apperance to give follow with the Gimp theme. You know hard N naughty needs punishing just like A naughty ranga bitch should lol

sharky
07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
You're a funny boy aren't you lol....

Better watch out.....you'll have Rod after you in his mankini

Redmohawk
07-01-2012, 11:41 AM
You got your shit backwards mate , Rod is still on his L's I'm so far gone I've gone back to being "sort of Normal" Just ask my misses lol