PDA

View Full Version : Noisy exhausts soon from adelaide...

karitsu
12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3168911275654.jpg

thought i would just drop a quickie in the SA section, in case you didnt know, i will be taking route from the uk in adelaide in 2 weeks, i shall be bringing my exhaust business with me, hand made designs etc, and boy have i got some wicked GP style silencers i have been working on, NO ONE has seen them yet.. i have to get settled first, but already 5 magazines down there have asked me to get in touch as soon as i can to do a review on my pipes, anyway hope to see some of you soon.. cheers dave gartland,.

BANDITROD
13-11-2008, 07:23 PM
mmmmm i have been looking for decent gp style exhaust mate can you email me some pics please

EFE 1230
13-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Do you only do pipes or can you mod subframes (steel) mount bits and bobs sort of general streetfighter shit?

K-rim
13-11-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah same as above and can you do headers?

karitsu
14-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Well without blowing out my own arse!!!
I am fully coded to Lloyds standard in Mig,Tig welding in steel stainless and aluminium, I have been a sheetmetal worker for over 20 years, so yes basically i could make any fin ...i have been involved with loads of streetfighters, cutting extending shortening steel and ali frames, i have designed and made frames, check out the pics on my site , i am redesigning the site specifically for australia.... www.sidekickperformance.com the gp pipes are on there, well one is, but wait till i do the new one... totally different, believe me...
and as for the headers, yes check out the VMAX i made pipes that came out around the engine, i have made from everything from 1920s indians, to monkey bikes, BUT..... I will need to source a mandrel tube bender before i enter into headers... but it is really a necessity.... hope that helps....

racecomp
19-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Congratulations and welcome to Adelaide, it’s a fine place to live. Full of fucking pommies though most of them are ex met fuzz!!!! What part of SA are you thinking about settling in? We are in the south of Adelaide.

You will need to get your ticket as Australia has it’s own code for welders, easy enough to do though. I know a good fab shop that could use some help also. Get in touch once you’re here.

karitsu
20-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi.. well the government have housed us at everard park, near the airport, BUT we have friends down near aldinga beach, so we will be looking for another place.. JUST BOOKED TICKETS FOR THE STRAY CATS IN FEB.. AWESOME, somethin else i do www.midnightrockers.co.uk i have had no end of people offering jobs now all of a sudden coz im on the way, different story befroe, mostly fekin agencies though... im not sure if we have a phone connection when we get there , but after a few weeks i will be looking for a job, the exhausts will be a sideline, well thats what the missus thinks... haaaaaaaaa.. just ordered a load of titanium, carbon fibre and a huge roll of exhaust packing...

thanks for that offer though i appreciate that...

revken
20-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Yep, hope your move goes well. Looks like we'll have to have a welcome piss-up (night of drinking lol).
And if you need a blues harp player with a bit of singing ability . . . . . . . .

Tony Nitrous
20-11-2008, 01:51 PM
The lad's I ride with are getting pretty sick of tickets for aftermarket pipes,
Not talking around the city, more like 100/200k's up into the mountains.
I see more and more returning to stock pipes or putting baffles in and getting the noise tested and certified.

Recently seen tickets for illegal pipes, tinted rear light,
non-folding rear-sets, slightly shorter rear guard and a few other defects. One guy got his 2nd ticket for the same offence lost his bike for a couple of days, and had a fine, points, and a towies bill. Next time he wont get it back.

Might be worth looking at getting any pipes db-tested or certified.
I know there has been one recent court case in Qld that several bikers fought together, and there will may be another soon.
There are new law's coming in, in the new year concerning shop's selling and fitting their after market pipes up here to.

Just a thought.

geesexar
21-11-2008, 05:00 AM
welcome to the madhouse called adelaide mate catch up soon

alfiestorm
21-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Karitsu you gotta hook up with geesexar and sample D'a rasta bar. Home brewed beer on tap fuckin awsome.

karitsu
21-11-2008, 09:27 AM
a piss up anytime is a good one.. yes deffo...
blues harp! wow ,, read the topic i left in the totally outrageous section, ref.. any rockabillies out there.. already i have booked to go to see the stray cats when they hit adelaide in feb... check out my rockin site www.midnightrockers.co.uk

geesexar
22-11-2008, 05:16 AM
thanx for the heads up Stu...just a pity YOU'RE NOT BLOODY HERE TO ENJOY IT.. when you get here Karitsu you'll have get around and enjoy a beer

alfiestorm
22-11-2008, 08:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by geesexar

thanx for the heads up Stu...just a pity YOU'RE NOT BLOODY HERE TO ENJOY IT.. when you get here Karitsu you'll have get around and enjoy a beer

Looking at buzzing over for a couple of weeks next year sometime to catch up with ya wayne and the other guys I met from the site in SA top chaps doncha know.
hire a bike maybe, if the fuckers dont want a kings ransome for one.

geesexar
23-11-2008, 05:49 AM
mate that would be excellent...if need be you could bed down next to the tap at the DaRasta bar:D

alfiestorm
23-11-2008, 08:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by geesexar

mate that would be excellent...if need be you could bed down next to the tap at the DaRasta bar:D

Fuck mate I am there, reserve the spot for me

revken
23-11-2008, 08:11 PM
sounds like a fucking brilliant idea stu, it'd be great to catch up again

karitsu
30-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Well Im here !!! What a lvely city.. now the fun starts.. need to get a car first to get around, new email address is davegartland@virginbroadband.com.au cheers guys for any advice

geesexar
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Gday Dave good to see you've landed...where abouts are you living? If you need anything give me a hoy 0419826856;)

revken
01-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Welcome mate, hope to catch up soon.

alfiestorm
02-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Dave take it easy on the roads and try not to get impatient witht he way the locals drive, I bet you get a little frustrated by it to begin with just take it easy.
Me I just couldnt hack the slow pass at which the locals drive thier cars.
Enjoy yourself and hope you settle in well.

Hey wayne I just put your name through the sloganiser on revkens signature box.

It came up with this

«geesexar - Your personal entertainer.» remember one of the piss ups at d'a rasta bar 'whats a honda four' and a mop :D:D:D:D
I still got the pics and vid :)

alf

geesexar
02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
mate beer can do strange things to people..i can remember there was a fat fire at a BBQ one day and the fire retardant officer headed for the hills:D:D:D:D

revken
02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
or was that the fire retarded officer? LOL
that video was a pisser. time you moved back stu

karitsu
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks evry one..

fekin maniacs on the road, thats wot it is....

moving down with friends today at sellicks beach, just about to go and hire a car, desperate for a car! and then a bike, we re looking to rent at woodcroft, because lonsdale is close by...

my new number is 0450805778

i have changed my site, and cant wait for my stuff to arrive , 3 months though, not sure best way to go about it, i want to make them from home, but cant have everyone turning up in aresidential area. so when i work that out, i will know what the fek to do...

looking for a full time job, for security, mortgage etc etc.

karitsu
03-12-2008, 10:40 AM
incase you dont already know
www.sidekickperformance.com

my new email davegartland@virginbroadband.com.au