PDA

View Full Version : Corser signs with BMW

BOHEMION
28-10-2008, 01:21 PM
BMW Motorrad are happy to announce that Australian Troy Corser has signed to ride the all new BMW S 1000 RR in next year's Superbike World Championship.

The former double Superbike World Champion has agreed terms for two years and ends months of speculation as to who will join Spaniard Ruben Xaus in BMW's debut in the Superbike World Championship next season

Should be an interesting season watching how BMW develop this new bike.

http://motoaus.com/news/latest/corser-signs-with-bmw.html

DCRacing
28-10-2008, 02:15 PM
A Mate is heading over there to be head suspension mechanic, he says Ruben is pretty cool but Troy isn't as cool. But he is looking forward to it. he signed for about 6 years i think. Its a pity that he is heading over there as he is a great guy and gives me heaps of free info.

latheboy
28-10-2008, 02:15 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83104949144406.jpg

I heard about that a week ago .. they were going to go into Moto GP but must have thought it smarter to start in the supers first ... There will be alot of money getting thrown around in that team, with all the time and money in F1 they wont want to fail... That would look really bad

BANDITROD
28-10-2008, 05:19 PM
with all that time and money you would think they would at least get the zorst flowin with the lines of the subframe a bit better

Bear
28-10-2008, 05:27 PM
It looks like something Batman would ride. At least it'd turn a hell of a lot better than the ridiculous thing Batman rode in the latest movie.

zx12argh
30-10-2008, 01:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

with all that time and money you would think they would at least get the zorst flowin with the lines of the subframe a bit better

Its bmw Rod - their bikes are efficient and practical. Styling has nothing to do with it.

gibbo
30-10-2008, 02:04 PM
And Biaggi has signed with Aprilia, so you might get the exact opposite, stylish but inefficient and impractical!

Shadowzone
30-10-2008, 03:49 PM
So does BMW now stand for Bat Mobile Wracing?

I dont mind the zorst like that I reckon it look alright crossing the swinger at that angle...

Benz
22-11-2008, 04:06 PM
They're using conventional Ohlins USD forks, what's the go? Where's the "special" paralever front end they 'pioneered' on their late model roadbikes?
Can't be that special if they won't race with it.......

zrxmick
08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

And Biaggi has signed with Aprilia, so you might get the exact opposite, stylish but inefficient and impractical!

[^]:D:D[:I]