PDA

View Full Version : Racing this weekend WooHoo

DCRacing
23-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Out at Warwick this weekend, can't wait.
got the 1100 and the new 86 750 to play with, testing and tuning tomorrow and racing Saturday/Sunday.
so should be good.
Got 3rd overall last time round, so i may be able to do it again. got a lot more competition this time tho.
will let youall know the details

RUSS M8
23-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Make sure you have fun! Good to see people who still race the old dungers! :)

Deano
23-10-2008, 10:20 PM
good luck - go fast

devo
24-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Goodluck James, Hey so how far off the new Gixxer are you ????

DCRacing
28-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Ok the result is one word........High side.... :(
turn four qualifying for NE2, and just got too happy on the throttle exiting.
i thought i was going well, previously in superbike i qualified 13th with 1:09.5 and racing usually pulls me down about 1-1.5 secs.
anyway it ended my weekend on a sour note
the up side is that i have got the christmas break to totally rebuild the bikes, and get the spare bike up to speed for racing.

Deano
28-10-2008, 04:43 PM
not good at all mate. cold tyres?

DCRacing
28-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep......what more can i say......just dumb...wasn't really thinking, wanted to get a few fast ones off early and then rest up for the races, as we had 2 big races, both 15 laps, no excuses just being in too much of a hurry.

Deano
28-10-2008, 07:59 PM
do you use warmers?

DCRacing
29-10-2008, 09:21 AM
yep, i normally give it a lap or 2 at 3/4 pace tho just to get everything up to temp, anyway i had been out in superbike so i gave it 1 lap at about 9/10's and then started pushing, i was wanting to pull my qualifying down to close to my race pace, and i was about 1.5 secs off it so it thought i might be able to get it.
I am running pirelli rear, SC2 180, i was going to swap to the SC0 190, later on but never got there, the pirelli's seem to work better on the track.
I had a bridgestone front which has been pretty good, but with the heavy bikes it tends to wear pretty quick unlike the pirelli rear. but Warwick is a pretty technical track where corner speed is crucial, and horsepower really doesn't help.

Deano
29-10-2008, 04:38 PM
had your rear tyre gone off. how old was it and how many heat cycles had it had.

i use a michy rear at the moment and a bridgy front. the front is nearly shagged one the right and i have had that on for over 1 year. done about 3 track days and 4 race days on it. holds on ace.

i only use soft compound tyres now. given that the races are only short you cant ease your way into the race. that been said i have never had a cold tyre slid or moment. i dont really go slower on the first lap or change the way i ride to allow for tyre temp.

knee down on the first corner no worries.

DCRacing
29-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah Deano, i have sort of gone through most of those thoughts and basically come up with the fact of too much lean, too much throttle, and too much inexpierence.
The tyres arn't too bad, as you say with the front the bridgestone is good even when getting down on the wear.
The pirelli hasn't had much work at all, and while not wearing excessively it is providing good feed back and control. i think it is better than the bridgestones, i didn't have the feel with them that i have on the pirelli's. I haven't tried the dunlops or the michilens yet.....

puppet
29-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey James, do you want me to ride it for you and you can have the trophy?

DCRacing
30-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Hmmmm, i have already got 1 rider on a new era bike (ex team Suzuki Yoshimura Supersport bike),
and i have someone interested in racing the RG500 i am trying to get, i suppose why not, get someone on the 7/11 race bike as well. :P
A 3 bike race team.....sounds like fun.....or is that stress