PDA

View Full Version : How to get 'engineered' in Adelaide??

gsxrdan1
18-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Can anyone tell me the lowdown on getting approval for mods to bikes here in SA? I've changed most of my mods back to original temporarily, but i'm still not yet game to take it to Regency... even better would be to have the mods approved, but how, where, and who? (and how much!) Cheers fellas.

EFE 1230
18-10-2008, 06:35 PM
You can look for the requirements on the transport sa website it also lists all accepted engineer's. Be warned if they can not find the bikes numbers in the system they may actually impound it while they investigate. The billet fork clamps were made by Franks racing here in Adelaide. Cheers Mike

gsxrdan1
19-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks Mike, i feared that may be the case, may have to do a transplant into the other vif instead, boo hoo. I had been told before that franks may have done the triple clamps, but snowy ardill had a glance at them and said "franks wouldn't have made that shit!" - i still like 'em!!

K-rim
20-10-2008, 09:28 PM
im guessing its the same as cars, where you get the mods checked by a an approved engineer. Its usually a pretty expensive process and would be easier and cheaper to take it through stock. Rory Thompson is someone i used for some car stuff.

BWIAN
28-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Dan,
Dont know anything of what you have done to your bike, (i assume by your name on this site its a gixxer?).

Have a chat to Jim Hanlon from Superbike Performance, (ex HRE),Jim is a well known and respected bike and enigna builder here in SA, he is known throughout the country for his engines in particular!

Hopefully he may be able to help in some way?!

gsxrdan1
28-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey thanks for your advice guys, will contact Mr Hanlon (and then maybe an engineer if i get rich!)and post up how it goes... btw i'm a gixxer fan thru and thru but my toy project is a 86 vfr750 with a bucketload of HRC parts (like heads etc)and parts from at least 10 different models and makes, not to mention all the 1 off bits...

racecomp
03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I have put some of my bike through regency with no problems.
Triumph Daytona with GSXR forks, wave disks, full carbon kit etc.

It's the silly shit like ADR rules on rear number plate height and ADR approved indicators that can give you a head spin. Fit OEM indicators and a reflector on the rear etc, you can change it after it’s passed.

Engine mods are not a problem don’t mention anything about what’s been done internally. As long as it's the same cases with matching numbers. Use a road legal can so it's not too loud and you should be OK.

I'm working on a carbon frame and hope to have it go through as a new built bike, working with DOT on that at the moment. Open a file on your bike with them so they know what you are doing and they will give you a guideline.

Give us some more info and some pictures….

gsxrdan1
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
hey thanks, i'm kinda surprised at the apparent complacency... very handy indeed! pics and info in gallery and welcome to the madness - one day ill learn me to make a website and have pics and info and links to helpful businesses. thanks again.