PDA

View Full Version : ACT Engineers Certification questions

chopaweeza
26-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Rightio. Bages Bobber will be registered in the ACT rather than NSW so I have to find a decent Certifying Engineer in the ACT and what is needed to pass an ICV test in the ACT . Anyone help me out here or point me in the right direction?

Uncle Chopa

Fight_fan
26-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeh Chop! Try John Wilson @ AKZ Vehicle Engineering ph. 02 6236 3009 or 0417 230 074. He's in Queenbyan but can do NSW & ACT certs! He's the guy that did my 7/11, he's pretty cruisy too! I met him in a car park n he got me to ride from one end to the other n counted that as a noise & brake test! Saved me a fortune! :D

nelpd96
26-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Or me as I am an unrestricted signatory in the ACT. Drop me a line and we can have a chat.

Cheers
Paul

chopaweeza
26-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Message sent Paul. Bages already called AKZ and didn't have much luck with them. Possibly because the vehicle has no VIN(I built the frame)and possibly because he was looking at an NSW EC not an ACT EC

Fight_fan
26-09-2008, 02:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Bages already called AKZ and didn't have much luck with them. Possibly because the vehicle has no VIN(I built the frame)and possibly because he was looking at an NSW EC not an ACT EC

Yeh right??? I Mines a NSW EC! Oh well, looks like ur sorted anyway mate! Good luck... ;)

nelpd96
26-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I will have to find out what the go is with a hand build frame but it shouldn't be too much of an issue, it should just be a case of inspection and then getting a vin issued. I will email you a copy of the check list so that you are able to go through it all before hand to make things run smoother. I have only just been added to the list down here so I am still finding my way around the rules and regulations for down here.

Cheers
Paul

chopaweeza
26-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks mate . Will await your list then do the necessary modifications before booking in with you .

JackTar
26-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Fuck I love this forum. Good darts nelpd96 lookin after Wayne like that mate.