PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1k clutch wanted

Booster
27-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Complete , basket,hub,plates ,hat and springs.
Need to fit it to a SRAD drive gear so i suppose a 01-04 would be the best bet.but i have heard of later slipper clutches fitted in early models, so maybe even up to 08 would fit
Any info about what may fit would also be helpfull

Stocky
28-07-2008, 06:23 AM
The 01-04 is basically the same (01 didn't have the anti judder wave washer setup)

The 05/06 clutch fits the 01-04 (I have one in my 02) so you can use the slipper clutch.

I'm pretty sure the 07/08 will fit too but I've not done it.

All of them up to 06 run very "dry" and need the extra 3 oil holes added to the basket.

They are prone to problems if given a hard time without them.

It also helps to enlarge the oil feed holes in the hub to 3mm.

The 07/08 basically has that done from the factory.

The clutch fibres/steels change part# for 05/06 but they fit the older clutch. The material was changed so the part # changed.

The Kawasaki ZX10 steels and fibres fit too.

The ZX10 has an excellent "anti judder" setup in it that is much better than the GSXR one.

If you plan on drag racing it , go for a 01 - 04 clutch (without the slipper mechanisim it's more reliable and lighter) and fit the ZX10 anti judder plate with the extra oil holes.

If you end up with an 05/06 one PM me and I'll run you through a really cool setup I got from a mate in British Superbikes.

If I come across one I'll let you know.

You can read up a little on the oiling etc here....

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136907

Booster
28-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Stocky thats great info and will help heaps
dry is probably good ... for the landspeed bike and if i couldn't get a clutch to hold it was going to be 1 piece friction plates and make it clutchless.
01-04 looks like my best option but at this point it will be whatever i can get my hands on...

Booster
28-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok i have an 05 clutch coming should know if i can make it fit tomorrow .

Stocky
29-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a spare set of Barnett springs you can have if you want ?

They are a fair bit heavier than the stock ones (apparently about 25%)

I'd also recomend you make some spring retainers that keep the springs aligned.

The K5/6 clutch springs can throw out and rub on the hat.

I have the dimensions etc somewhere if you want them ?

PM me if you want the springs (with your address etc) and I'll get them off to you (no charge)

Booster
29-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Gerard.
Not sure i can use the clutch yet.. springs and rivets on the back of the basket are on a smaller diameter than the 750 and i am hesitant to rip into the 1k clutch as i may be able to get my money back .
The barnett springs would still be too weak ,thanks for the offer but they would be better suited to a modded 1k i think i would use Busa turbo springs if i can get this to work , plan b is later 750 hub and hat and busa springs (just slightly weaker than valve springs)

Hagarr
29-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Pretty sure I have an 02 clutch and gearbox if you are interested. I bought off E-Bay a couple of months ago. All in good nick as far as i could see.

Let me know !!

Stocky
29-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd like a second clutch to play with if someone has a cheap one.

Booster
29-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Sent a email Hagarr , i'm interested in the clutch,
Vic wreckers will give me the money back on the 05, being a slipper they charged more than i was willing to loose if i did something irreversable.

Stocky
30-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Booster, let me know if it doesn't fit before you take it back please.

Booster
30-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Sorry Gerard, went back in the mail about 4 hrs after i recieved it.

Deano
30-07-2008, 06:55 PM
what about something like a gsxr 1100 clutch? the slabby is ment to be the better of the 2 different types.

the diaphram clutches have been successful up to 240 with a couple more diaphram springs fitted.

i have a couple of baskets if you need measurements