PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rear shock - coil-over

wackyrider
29-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Want to replace the rear shock in my GPZ 600. Want something a bit more modern (better handling)

Anyone got a spare shock which i can fit to my bike?

chopaweeza
29-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Proven Products , the mob that owns IKON shockies have several Old Stock Koni's for GPZ600's left at $150 each.

wackyrider
29-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Want to fit a shock off a more modern bike onto mine.

chopaweeza
29-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Then look at an R1 or R6 Yamaha

oldskool
29-05-2008, 11:46 PM
If you reply to my emails and messages I could have hooked you up with lots of parts, but hey your loss [V]

wackyrider
30-05-2008, 09:37 AM
What messages Dylan???

The only one I saw was about the calipers and I told u that I was still thinking aboiut it mate??

Wasn't sure what was going to happen to the bike at that moment as I've been going through hell and back on my visa situation.

I'm currently on a working holiday visa which means that i have 2 change jobs every 6 months!!! (which is a pain in the ass) Trying to work out to stay at my current job or something, cash flow is a problem since going to meet up with a migration agent costs me $250 for an hour session and I just figured out that I can stay in the country if I go on a student visa but that means that I have to figure out how to save $15,000 by the end of the year and find a course (electrical preferably) or else my ass is kicked out of the country..

And having problems with getting internet at home since I don;t have a Vic licence nd all that shit... So..............

No offence was meant mate, but my head was going at a million miles an hour lately...

PS. Darren, money sent

oldskool
31-05-2008, 12:38 AM
no probs bro x

wackyrider
31-05-2008, 11:21 AM
So, got anything for me now????

Pretty please Dylan

streets
31-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I actually ran the coil shock from a GPX600 in it for a while, no good. Tried a fireblade shock, but after all the messing around to fit it the bike was about as smooth as a pogo stick. Stock air job was better. The rear end is still harsh though.
It's the slightly lower leverage ratio with the CBR swinger, nice kicked up rear, but less travel at the rear wheel for a given shock movement. Could be fixed with a longer shock and moving the dogbone mount on the swinger closer to the pivot.