PDA

View Full Version : Team ASF 'ASSULT ON THE ISLAND' june 8th round 3

Deano
29-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Once again another round of the Victorian Interclub Road Racing Championship is upon us.

Results from the last round at Broardford were below average but there were a few positives to come from the day.

Team ASF is hoping to be back to full strength come the next round. both riders and bikes recovering from resent 'techanical gliches'sustained in the first 2 rounds.

After recently obtaining some key components Darren (no 88) has a bike to build with only a week to spare (sounds familiar dosn't it);).

My mighty Gix7/11 has had a few fibreglass repairs done and should be ready for battle by the end of this weekend.

last visit to the Island faired well for me but this time i am expecting more. with a new set of wets on the way i am ready for it to piss down. if the weather stays good then the goal is to break into the 1.47's

entry is free to the public and i expect to see a few ASF crew their to show there surport.

01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
See ya there.
Won't be racing Feral Beryl. Cracked the shits with it all today and damn near set fire to her - intentionally!
You've got no idea who this is I know but.....
How funny is Dazza's car!

Deano
01-06-2008, 11:31 PM
it mustn't be the right brand beer box you used as the front fairing Adrian. just imagine if you used a XXXX box.

see you there mate

gibbo
09-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Well, what happened[?][?][?][?][?]

Deano
09-06-2008, 10:30 PM
equal 2nd mate,

track was damp for the morning practises and a few people crashed.
back end was real skatey. it improved a little for the first race as the track was completely dry and the sun was out.

put on a new rear slick for the second race and that made all the difference.

my starts improved heaps by short shifting to second at about 7k to avoid having to get off the gas when the front comes up.

had a great battle in race 3 with a guy on a naked yzf1000. he was the guy that also came equal second. got a 3 month break till winton so the bike is getting put on a diet and a few more goodies fitted.

got some video of the first 2 races but not the third. if i can figure out why i cant log in to youtube i will put them up.
of is there another video sharing sight that i can use

Gix11
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Use Google Vids mate: http://video.google.com.au/?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wv

Deano
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks gix

gibbo
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Well done Deano!!!! Sorry I couldn't get down to sponge, er I mean support you mate.

12-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Question is though...... Where was Daz?