PDA

View Full Version : team ASF goes racing - round 2 Broardford 18th May

Deano
12-05-2008, 08:29 PM
you heard it right folks the second round of the Interclub road racing season is on this coming sunday at the Broardford circuit.
After a positive result for some at the previous Phillip Island round Team ASF is looking for a strong result.

There will be a practice day on the Saturday and racing on Sunday.

Due to a 'Technical Problem' at the previous round No 88 Turbokat wont be taking part this weekend. Instead he will be stand in Crew Chief for Team ASF. He will also be taking on the position of publisist arranging interviews, signings, meet and greets and the most important job of the day making sure the grid girls are wearing the correct color g strings under their short mini skirts.

Camping is allowed at the circuit on the Saturday night for free.

so if you havn't got a better offer then make your way an hour or so up the road from melbourne and show your surport for Team ASF.

BANDITROD
13-05-2008, 02:53 PM
good luck men i can lend you a square tyre if you need it lol

KATO ZX7
13-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Stelf and i will try and make it on Sat.

What time would be a good time to be there??

Deano
13-05-2008, 05:57 PM
i guess there is plenty left on the sides rod?

saturday will be practice from about 9.30 or so on till about 4.30. just like a ride day with groups etc.

BANDITROD
13-05-2008, 06:40 PM
yeah she's fucked now (burnout) and as for the sides i hope to get to a track day in the next few months to remedy that problem

wackyrider
13-05-2008, 07:53 PM
So where is it and what time on Sunday???

Deano
13-05-2008, 08:32 PM
broardford race track, anytime from 9am onwards.

just head up the hume and exit at the broardford exit (will have a sign saying 'state motorcycle complex')
then just follow the signs. cant miss it

wackyrider
14-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Cheers mate. See u boys there

kevkatana
14-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Hope you are taking full wets deano. Wet and cold this weekend[xx(] Might try and get up some time over the weekend.

Large
14-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Good luck Deano, keep the rubber side down.

How much needs to be done to get back out there Darren?

Deano
15-05-2008, 07:14 AM
yeah mate got the wets ready

TurboKat
15-05-2008, 11:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Good luck Deano, keep the rubber side down.

How much needs to be done to get back out there Darren?

Just gotta get the engine mounts & steering stop welded back onto the frame & then get it straightened, that'll allow me to race agian but there are still more repairs (tank, panels, muffler,etc) to do & I've gotta get to Oldskool's joint to pick up a master cyl (I'm nervous about going there because last time he got me drunk & if Clare hadn't lobbed to pick me up, who knows what he would've done to me ;)[:I])
I'll be back for the next 'Island round on the 8th of June - WITH NEW SLICKS !!!!!
Edit;
Can anyone tell me how to do that trick where you pinch someone in their neck/shoulder & they go unconcious? I need "the victim" to be out for about 8 to 10 minutes [:p]
Does it work if they're wearing leathers? ;)
I need to know how it's done asap, that way I can practice so I get it right on Sunday.
If not, I'll hafta use the old tried & tested Jedi Mind Trick. [^]

latheboy
15-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I always found a piece of 4be2 does the trick....

Large
15-05-2008, 04:19 PM
You need to learn the 5 Finger Palm Explosive Heart Technique

Large
15-05-2008, 04:20 PM
If it's a mate you're doing it on, stop at four fingers and no palm

wackyrider
16-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Not going 2 make i after all as I'm working all weekend...............

Need the cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gibbo
17-05-2008, 05:48 PM
make sure you wear your woolly underpants Deano it's gunna be fucken cold and wet:( good luck mate!!

Booster
18-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Sat went thru with no spills,Deano was even looking fairly confident on the wets.
Bloody cold though.

KATO ZX7
19-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Hope the weekend was a good one.
Was a bit cold to get out there , spesh with the new bub in tow.
Will be watching for updates of the outcome :D

Deano
19-05-2008, 06:12 PM
well i crashed

went out in the first practice season on wets in the wet and it was all good. stayed wet for the first of the club races. started out of 5th and carved my way past a few and claimed 2nd position. managed a best wet lap time of 1.10 a whole 2sec faster than my best saturday during practice.

leading up to race 2 for the day but the first in my pre modern class the track was drying as the sun had come out. not having enough time to change tyres i had to go out on a rapidally drying track on wet tyres. we all no that wets don't do so well in the dry but they did hold on quite well. for a few laps.

after saving 2 high sides i couldn't fully recover from the third and run off the track, as soon as i hit the mud off track the bike went from under me and i slid along the ground.

not good. the bike faired quite well really, broken brake lever fairing damage and a busted plastic fitting that connects the brake hose to the mastercylinder.

after getting the bike back to the pit Parker, iceman, turbokat, kevkatana and myself were rapidally pulling bits off seeing what was required to get back on the track. i managed to borrow the little plastic fitting off a bloke with a spare brake master for his r6, ripped off the damaged fairings and got it going again streetfighter style.

the next race for me was just after lunch and while it rain a little wetting the track again over the lunch break the sun had come out again to dry the track. with about 10min to spare the decsion was made to change to slicks as the chance of short term rain was unlikely.
once again the team ASF pit crew did a great job getting wheels and discs changed over.

for this race i had to start from the rear of the grid as i didn't finish the previous formula 2 race. with stone cold slicks and wet suspension setup i let the feild go and would see how the bike felt after the crash and if i could pick up a couple of positions then great.
with the softer wet settings the bike felt very skatey in the back and was most noticable on left handers. after a few laps i picked up the pace a bit knowing that there would be some temp in the slicks. finished that race down the order quite a way.

after changing the suspension back to a dry setting the bike felt a million bucks better. i could get on the gas earlier and carry more lean angle with confidence. the next race up was the team shield and i was happy to just get some track time. the biggest difference i found was with no fairing to supply downforce to the frontend up the back straight were the track drops away the front would head skyward forcing me to shorshift to 5th well before the drop off or climb over the fuel tank to get more weight onto the front end. not sure where i ended up in the team shield but was happy with the dry setup.

after that i had only 1 more formula 2 race and after starting from 20th position i made up some spots and probably ended up in 10th or so.

all in all a reasonalbe weekend. realy happy i was able to do a wet practice on saturday and i am now happy to race in the wet and quite enjoy it.

good old humpty needs some fibreglass repairs and a couple of brackets made and she will be up and running 100% for the team ASF 'ASSULT ON THE ISLAND' in 3 weeks time.

a big thanks to Turbokat, Parker, Iceman and kevkatana for their expert spannering and surport during the day (even if they did put the front wheel on backwards) couldn't have done it without you. hopefully a better result will be had next round.

sickboy
19-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Well done Deano ,big respect to ya mate.

BANDITROD
19-05-2008, 08:12 PM
glad to hear you had a fair weekend mate and also good to hear you didnt get hurt after all thats the main thing and i hope you all do well at the island :D

Jazdiver
19-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Awesome Deano. Well done. Would be quite a ride with no plastics. We are going to come down to the Island on the 8th to support you and the mighty GSXR11.

Loads
19-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Fantastic result Deano,
It sounds like ( even though Fucken cold ) a great weekend was had by all.
Good effort by the boys for being your support crew. That's what it's all about.
It was a good thing that parker had his 440 Terets cans so you didn't have to spoon to keep warm.
Will definatley be there for the Island.
Daz

Deano
19-05-2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/113074065220490.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/113074065200079.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/113074065162573.JPG

some pics of the damage. started rubbing back and getting ready for glass repairs and paint tonight.

would be great if you guys made it down to the island.

the guys thourght they would add a little inspiration to the tank after my mischeif.

managed to better my previous best of 1.07.4 with a 1.05 something in the dry while in streetfighter trim so happy with that

Gsxar
22-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Top Effort Deano:D:D[:X] well done to you and the effort of the crew;).
Sorry couldn't make it down, but of course I was cheering you n that dam fine bike u ride[:p], on from afar.