PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride - Muswellbrook

Stocky
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Just moved to Muswellbrook NSW.

Obviously the Putty Road is not far away but I'd rather find some roads without the traffic and cops.

I'm told there is great riding around here.... any tips most appreciated.

I don't know any other riders in town yet and I'm getting a bit keen for a ride LOL

Thanks in advance

:D

Jockney Rebel
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
you could always nip down to see us on the coast mate

Large
11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Fuck riding in that area. All the mining is making the roads subside..

Head north to Aberdeen then hook right to Lake Glenbawn.

Take a tinny or fish from the shore and unless you're a spastic you should hook up some of the fattest bass or yellow tail you've ever seen. If you haven't got a smoker buy a nice stainless one with some hickory chips and you'll be in heaven

Weaselman
11-04-2008, 09:14 PM
ok im going...

i used to run south to lake eucombiene.
good trout in there yabbies too

StuNVA
13-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Singleton, Dungog, Stroud, Gloucester, Walcha is a good ride, you can turn around and go back the same way or head from Walcha to Port and back down the coast to Taree or there about and back track back the Gloucester and back to Mbrook. Nice little run is to Moonan Flat pub for a beer and back too. Just google map it.

KRASH
13-04-2008, 07:59 PM
The Coal Rd on the way to Bilo...LOL
Yeah I know you will miss it ya lucky prick...:D

fimpBIKES
14-04-2008, 08:03 AM
did putty yesterday, still good & no cops if you go early enough ;)

russo
17-04-2008, 09:59 AM
yeah singleton, dungog, stroud, gloucester is a good ride but very average roads in some parts, some of the back roads out around denman aren't to bad
aberdeen, scone, murrurundi, tamworth isn't to bad either. what made you move to m'brook. been here just on year, im keen for a ride anytime as dont know many people with bikes in town

Stocky
17-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Got a transfer to Bengalla mine mate.

I'm also keen for a ride some time soon mate.

Are you in M'brook too ?

PM me we'll work something out.

russo
18-04-2008, 12:11 AM
yep im working at mt arthur
what you do for a crust

Stocky
18-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Not much LOL

Lean Advisor

NZM031
30-04-2008, 01:28 PM
oh my god there are decent life forms in muswellbrook.. haha. i grew up there, moved to east maitland nearly 2 years ago.

the are a couple of good roads around scone... like the loop from aberdeen - glenbawn - scone and also the back road from the brook to scone along kayuga rd. And from scone, if you head out to satur and keep going past the airport that can take you on some nice winding bits up over the mountain... also a nice straight there. and if you head out gundy road... and dont turn off to go to glenbawn.. you see some nice horse studs and stuff and a few windy roads.

theres not much up there thats decent, i used to spend alot of time drifting on these roads... they were pretty ordinary in a stiff as skyline but might be a bit easier to pick your way through the potholes on a bike... and the cops are complete twats.

russo... what do you do at mt arthur??

cheers
Linton

Stocky
30-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Sounds like we need to organise a ride so you can show us mate.

russo
01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
just an operator.
im off every couple of days and every second weekend so just let me know
yeah cops are twats up here but past scone and you dont see em
yeah very average quality some of the roads would be nice in a stiff set up car

NZM031
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
haha... id be keen if you guys wouldnt mind me lagging behind on my little rs125 and my big yellow L plate.. haha, i spose i could take it off.. id be able chuck my bike on the trailer and just drive up to the brook one weekend.. crash at the olds place... stuff riding it up there from east maitland... doing 80kms/hr.

russo.. my brother works there as a leco, he plays a bit of havoc on the 2 way, hes on shifts aswell... actually hes on doggy this weekend. Matty Budden.. bald guy.. pretty funny. my old boy used to work there aswell so i know a fair few guys in the workshop. Do you have anything to do with Big Gay Al (glenn) in the store?? haha, i used to work with him at Scone Toyota... what f*%kwit he is.. haha.

cheers
Linton

russo
02-05-2008, 05:42 AM
na not to much to do with store or workshop yet i know a few people on his crew he on opposite to me im on days this weekend