PDA

View Full Version : Team ASF going racing.

TurboKat
07-04-2008, 10:18 PM
That's right Race Fans, the rumours are true! The long awaited worldwide debut of the ASF Race Team is this Saturday at the worlds greatest racetrack - The Phillip Island GP Circuit. [:p]
The Mean Dean Machine & my good self will be competing in the over 500cc Pre Modern (bikes must be at least 10 years old) class of the first round of the Victorian Interclub Road Racing Series & after some promising recent Trackday performances at the Island, we're hoping at least one of us will get to taste the Champagne [8D]
Entry is free to the public (that's you !) & racing starts around 9.30, so if you've got nothing on, get dressed & lob down to cheer on the team & make us feel like the potential Superstars that we are ;)
There will also be a race within a race when Deano pits his 1100cc Gixer against the might of 3 of KAWASAKI's finest ZX9Rs in what will inevitably result in him putting the Gix up for sale & turning to the POWER of GREEN in an effort to get up the pointy end. [^]
Other bikes in the class include Fairyblades, CBR 6s, SRADs, ZXRs/ZX6s/ZX7s, other assorted 600 & 750 Gixers, YZF/FZR Yams, etc, it's a great fun class which provided some really close 3 & 4 bike dices for the lead last year & promises to do the same & better this year with 5 or 6 more guys joining in for some action.
We will be holding our press conference/autograph session at lunchtime so be sure to join the queue to meet & greet two of the countries most handsome, charming & modest Road Racers. [:o)]
Wish us luck eh? :)
Spose I'd better go get the bike ready now [B)]

Fatgit
07-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Go Baldy, and Baldy

BANDITROD
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
goodluck guys do us proud

Large
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I should post up that pic of you guys so everyone can recognise you easily

TurboKat
07-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Not necessary Rich, we'll be easy enough to spot, we're the ones with the crowd of nubile young women outside our pit garage. [^]
But knock yourself out anyway.

kevkatana
07-04-2008, 11:38 PM
What!! They have a race series for people who can't lap under 2 minutes[:0]

Booster
08-04-2008, 07:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

we're the ones with the crowd of nubile young women outside our pit garage. [^]

Anyone else would let them in ;)

hooligan
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure if i want to imagine you or deano "tasting the champagne".
Good luck lads, And kick his kawasaki riding arse, Deano.

fimpBIKES
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
pics or it never happened!!!!

i'll be "rootin" for ya [:X]

Gsxar
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Ohhhh how exciting, on ya guys :D:D
Might have to get my Pom Pom's out and come cheer you on[:p]

Deano
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
should be a great weekend am looking forward to it.:D

forcast is for rain. dam it[xx(]

and kev, i am sure that you can still race with us even if you cant do under 2 min. chin up mate with enough practice you will get those times down;)

i believe that the mighty 7/11 has it in her to take the honors but the jury is still out about the rider.

first race ever for me so not expecting to much. expecting even less if the heavens open up.

BANDITROD
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
you better give turbo a ride of you bike deano so he can see what a real bike goes like and dont forget have a good time guys

Iceman
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Good luck guys, remember, photos or it never happened.

Gix11
09-04-2008, 11:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Oh, go on mate, I love that photo!

Large
09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

quote:Originally posted by Large

Oh, go on mate, I love that photo!

Only if you insist:D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/444440470115341.jpg

BANDITROD
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahah

ahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaa

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahaah.......hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahaah

ahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha hahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahhaha......pure gold large

latheboy
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Wicked hair guys .. just a quick question .... Did you have to mod your helmets much so they dont mess up you hair do's????? Deano you should cut a hole in one side of your lid to stick your pony tail though .. a single sided helmet .. :D[:o)]

oldskool
09-04-2008, 08:19 PM
What they also let under 2 min pooftas in green on the track?
Shit Daz Im not even pissed!
Remember got rode a GSXR , Jesus rode a Kwaka thats why he got nabed and nailed to a cross!

kevkatana
10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
BWWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM MULLET

10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Thunderbirds are Go...F.A.B Virgil

KATO ZX7
11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, i'd have to support the local Langy guy, but im a Kawasaki girl.
So go the both of you and make sure you come home in one piece !!

gibbo
11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Would love to come down and support you girls but some of us have to work for a living, good luck and I hope the weather holds out!

latheboy
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I cant make it also guys was hoping to come but i dont get my licence back till tuesday .. ghey ..
Go foward and rape the land and pillage the woman .. Go fast too

Loads
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm heading on down for a look, taking the car if anyone wants a ride there.
Should be staying till after lunch, So let me know

oldskool
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Good luck ladies ,knock em dead.

TurboKat
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I just finished prepping the Racebike, off to bed now. [|)]
It's drizzling now & the forecast is for morning showers then overcast - Great [V]
Full report tomorrow night or after I get out of hospital - whichever comes first ;)

Jockney Rebel
11-04-2008, 11:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Thunderbirds are Go...F.A.B Virgil
fukin quality dave ...

Jockney Rebel
11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
..best of luck boys ..btw

Fatgit
12-04-2008, 06:19 AM

I just finished prepping the Racebike, off to bed now. [|)]
It's drizzling now & the forecast is for morning showers then overcast - Great [V]
Full report tomorrow night or after I get out of hospital - whichever comes first ;)

Fuck,Fuck, Fuck, wish I could be there Turbo, I just know I'm going to really regret not seeing you sliding down a wet track on yer ass :D

Have a good fang mate.

devo
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/19371794327452.jpg

Sooooooo do you have to be an elitest or can anyone join team ASF [?]

12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
see what happens when you swap to Yamaha Dave,you focus on the camera rather than the corner,and your knee is at least 1 fot off the deck yet your tyres are nearly maxxed out,and thats just the warm up lap.Jesus is watchin you.

Fatgit
12-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Fuck me Devo, my granny could get her knee lower than that, and she's been dead 10 years :D

TurboKat
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
My bike --> [xx(]

devo
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1937258449019.JPG

Ok fats is that a little better

Deano
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM

My bike --> [xx(]

what do you mean?

Large
12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Your bike is green?

TurboKat
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
No... Dead. [V]

devo
12-04-2008, 10:06 PM
What happend Mate [:0]

sharky
12-04-2008, 10:10 PM
It couldn't handle the stress of chasing yamaha's

12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
it hasn't been run since 2005

Fatgit
12-04-2008, 10:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by devo

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1937258449019.JPG

Ok fats is that a little better

A bit better

devo
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1937302187875.jpg

Hmmmmm what about now [:p] otherwise it's your turn to show me how it is done ;)

Fatgit
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah that's better, wtf are you chasing?

devo
12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Er um Lapping a Bucket :D

Fatgit
12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Course you are mate, course you are ;)

TurboKat
13-04-2008, 09:17 AM
:( Not a good day for me :(
It didn't start well when we went out for the Pre Mod. practice session, my 2 race meeting & 4 trackdays old Michelin slicks were really showing their age & just refusing to grip, skating around all over the place & especially bad on right handers. The bike was oversteering on turn in to Turn 1 & Hayshed & I was getting some pretty scary slides on the way out - even though I was being Captain Careful with the throttle [V] It meant I couldn't tip in with anywhere near as much speed as normal & couldn't get fuck all drive out of the corners without spinning it up. I went out in the Novice practice sesh as well to try & scrub a bit more condition into the tyres but it didn't help much, I really wasn't looking forward to the first (Novice) race & I was kicking myself for being a tightarse/slack cunt & not getting a new set of slicks before the meeting :(
The novice race is the first race on the program & I thought about not doing it & just concentrating on the Formula races but I thought it might improve the tyre situation by putting some more laps on them & I didn't give a fuck if I finished last so lined up on the grid anyway. The novice race is full of blokes who are definately not novices & tends to attract 3 types of riders - those (like me) who need a few extra laps to sort their bike or get familiar with the track, proper first timers/newbies & trophy hunters.
So Deano & I lined up on about the 2nd or 3rd row (the officials just pull the starting order out of their arses because it's the first race of the day) & awaited the lights.
I got a killer start & was 2nd into God corner, taking it really easy on the throttle on the way out meant I got passed by a Supersport into the Southern Loop & then another bike went round the outside of me into T3, I had a big slide out of Honda & another in the middle of Siberia & got passed up the back straight by someone else, so I just spent the next couple of laps going as quick as the tyres would let me, they were definately improving each lap but still nowhere near as grippy as they usually are & very skatey mid corner. Meanwhile, Deano was riding like a man on a mission after a crappy start which saw him pull 13 different wheelstands off the line in an effort to get the torque of the big Gixer to the ground, he obviously passed a lot of guys on his way through & came around the outside of me on the entry to turn 12, I used the superior top end power of the 9 to pass him back down the straight but didn't cover my line into T1 & he slipped up the inside, it was the last lap & the bloke in 4th was coming back to us & Deano rounded him up into the Loop, nicely sticking him between us & allowing him to get a bit of a gap. I couldn't get enough power down to pass the bloke easily so I had to outbrake him into MG but by that time the Mean Dean Machine had pulled away & we crossed the line in 4th & 5th.
GSXR 1, ZX9 0. Oh the shame... being beaten by a Gixer :(
Dean even scored a bit of silverware from that race, getting 3rd in over 500cc & we both set PBs of 1.49 :D
My tyres were feeling a lot better by the end of that race too, still not 100% but breaking loose a lot less & obviously encouraging me to be smooth going by the fact that I'd got into the 40s for the first time even though I couldn't turn the right grip anywhere near as hard as I wanted to.
The first of our Formula 2 (Pre Modern, Period 4, 5 & 6 bikes) races was coming up & to my dismay, I'd been stuck down on the 6th row in 21st on the grid :( FUCK ! all the other guys in my class were on the front & 2nd row which meant they'd have a 10 bike length headstart even before the flag dropped! Not fucking happy Jan :( The officials had fucked up the starting order Royally & there were more than a few Racers having a whinge about it but by the time I'd discovered the fuckup, it was too late to change it so I just hadta wear it & hope I got a decent start.
But I had an evil scheme [}:)]
I cunningly made sure I was the last bike to form up on the grid so I could see if there were any gaps in the grid due to no shows further towards the front & sure enough there was a vacant spot on the 4th row so I stuck myself in it, thereby managing to steal 2 rows of the grid ! [:0] 13th is a fuck of a lot better than 21st when you're racing for Sheep Stations believe me ;)
I needn't have worried though because when the lights went out, the Mighty ZX9 LAUNCHED itself off the line & powered into the 1st corner in 4th place [:p] Donny on his FIM spec ZX7R (complete with about 1 million horsepower) was doing his usual dissapearing act out front & I had my 2 fellow ZX9 operators in front of me, that didn't last long as I outbraked both of them into Honda (T4) into 2nd. I got passed up the back straight by a bloke named Darren on a Fireblade who was racing at the Island for the first time & rides like a fucking Demon, I was doing my best to stick with him over Lukey Heights & into MG but it all turned to shit after that. [xx(]
Got on the gas out of MG OK & chucked it onto my knee for the right/left flip flop & I cranked it over a bit hard & dug the L/H peg into the ground which lifted the back wheel off the ground & lowsided me off. Me --> [:0] It would have been a minor off if the bike hadn't launched off the outside ripple strip & started cartwheeling end over end, more --> [:0] coming down on its nose & trashing the frame, forks, clamps, front wheel, master cylinder, fairing, H frame, tank, bars, radiator, etc, etc, etc. [V][V][V][V][V][V]
The bike, sadly, looks like this now --> [B)] & I look like this --> :(
No amount of 100 mph tape & cable ties could put Humpty together again so that was the end of my day. I did get to watch the rest of the race though & Deano finished a credible 7th or so in his first "proper" race & beat home a couple of the class' more seasoned campaigners.
Race 2 for F2 got underway a couple of hours late after a few crashes/cleanups in other classes & 1 serious one that required Ken Onus of Megacycle exhausts fame to be airlifted out after being unconscious for 10 or 15 minutes.
I watched the race from pit roof & may I say, I witnessed one of the LAMEST starts I've ever seen by a certain No. 75 GSXR 1100 ;) So lame infact, that it caused its rider to ask after the race if everyone else in the field had jumped the start !!! :D
Anyway, the grunt of the big 11 meant that he could carve his way through the pack over the next 4 laps & ended up well inside the top 10 (I'm not sure of the exact place - Deano will let us know)
Due to all the delays during the event, the 3rd F2 race was cancelled so that was it for the racing, Deano ended up 3rd in class so picked up 2 trophies for the day & some good points for the championship which he's pretty stoked about. Deano --> [^]
There was a good number of ASF T shirts there, with Myself & Dean, Parker (doing pit bitch duties for Deano), Shano, Loads & even 3 generations of JoJo's family turning up for a look.
Speaking of JoJo, I reckon she was pretty happy to see my Mighty ZX9 in bits & boy o boy, did I hear about the fact that a Gixer beat my Kwaka in the novice race ! *Note to self... KILL HER* [}:)]
I told yous Team ASF would get to taste Champagne ;)
Anyone got any '98 ZX9R bits going cheap? :)

sharky
13-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Pics....

TurboKat
13-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I only got this one in the morning, Dean's Gix 11 & Simmo's ZX9 in the foreground, Greg's ZXR 7/9 & my 9 in the back.
Shano has some pics of my dead bike & I took a few of Deanos 2nd F2 race but I'm not smart enough to work out how to use the zoom so the bikes will look like little specks on the track.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1937575874890.JPG

Fatgit
13-04-2008, 10:09 AM
"At the beginning, when you try the first time the ZX9.... FAAAARRRK shit tyres mate!!"
- Valentino Rossi.

devo
13-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome to racing, My best advise though is never renig on tyres and always spend the dollars on suspension.
A guy with 150 hp with shit suspension is no match for say 120 hp with the correct set up.
Let me know Turbopuss if you need bits as there is a few guys up here with spares ok

Deano
13-04-2008, 11:39 AM
well it was a good first race day for me.

the practise sessions felt good with my soft birdgstones working great.

the first race had me starting out of the 6th row. it was red flagged after about 1/2 a lap and we did it all again.

got a average start the second time around but the grunt of the 11 ment i was able to pass the 400's that were in front of me easily. after the 1st lap i saw turbokat a couple of seconds in front so pushed a little harder to try and catch him. i caught him by about lukey heights and followed him for the next couple of corners till t12 were i squared off the corner, carried a little more corner speed and got on the gas earlier to pass him under power on the corner exit.

darren repassed me by the melbourne bridge but i managed to squeze under him on the entrance of t1. that lap reset my pb to 1.49.8

at this stage with darren hot on my heels i was still pushing hard so that he didn't repass me. that lap then reset my bp at 1.49.2

ended up finishing 4th.

the first race in pre modern had me starting off 27th position on the grid. after another shit start once again the power of the 11 made up for my crap start. after 3/4 of the lap i go through t11 to see a no88 zx9 parked on its side with darren standing a little bit away from it. that's gotta suck:(

i picked my way through the field and finished in 8th

with darren out team ASF looked to me to come up with the goods.

starting out of 8th for pre modern race 2 once again a dodgey start saw me get swamped of the start line. had a good battle with a duke 996 but in the end it was no match for the mighty 7/11.

ended up with 5th in that race.

for me it was a great day and i have learnt 1 thing and that is to practice my starts.

next round is at broardford and given my good result this meet i should be starting off the front row in the next meeting.
thanks to all the asf crew for turning up and showing your surport.

i thourght i should post up a pic of the undisputed winner of 'race within a race' all hail the king, long live the GSXR7/11

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/19376288251832.JPG

Iceman
13-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Congratulation Deano, sounds like you enjoyed yourself a bit more that Darren did. It's good to see you guys are out having a go.

oldskool
13-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Go on Dazza blame those tyres, you know what they say, poor craftsman always blames his tyres!!

Gix11
13-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Fuck me! This is good. Keep up this work for the whole season and I'll give you a dedicated page on the website for Team ASF (that includes you Devo). Top write ups!

latheboy
13-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Good work Deano .. bit of a shame TK but then again .. suck shit hippy ..
Werd me up for the next race and ill see if i can get a few pit girls ..

Booster
13-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Good on you guys for just doing it...
Bad luck Turbo, hope you can get out of it fairly cheap.... so you can get new tires...
Deano congrats, well earnt.. better come to my playground to practice your starts .
Wish i could have been there to watch.

kevkatana
14-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Well done Deano. Not so good Turbo. Better luck next time.

BANDITROD
14-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Well done deano you gotta be happy with that result

and better luck next time turbo ............have you thought about buying a suzuki for some reliability at all [:p]:D

just fucking with ya mate good to see you both out there having a go guys cheers

TurboKat
14-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Just found out that Ken from Megacycle is OK, still in the Alfred, got broken shoulder & ribs but he's been cleared of any spinal injuries.

Fatgit
14-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Now you ain't got no excuse for running with the middle pack on the next AFR Deano, expect to see you at the front, going just as hard.

Oh Congrats by the way.

Deano
14-04-2008, 12:49 PM
thanks guys. your right greg. a little time at the drag strip would do me well.

good to hear that ken is ok.

fimpBIKES
14-04-2008, 12:57 PM
GREAT WORK!!
poor kwak, MIGHTY GIXX :D

Gsxar
16-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Nah Darren I didnt want u to crash:( I was actually cheering yeah!!!! he is in third........ oh his bike is in the ai,r thats not good:(
At the end of the day your okay thats the main thing[:X]
You both did excellent, but u REALLY want a gix now... connn u do dont ya;):D:D
As for the Nanna n the kids, I promised them a day out:D I just didnt say where I was taking them[:p]

TurboKat
16-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Did a post mortem on the Racebike today, damage is extensive to say the least :(
Frame bent & twisted at headstock/frame spars, steering stop broken off, L/H/S engine mount broken off.
Both fork staunchions bent & creased.
Top & bottom tripleclamps twisted.
H frame bent & gravelrashed.
Radiator core squashed & top & bottom bars broken.
Front wheel buckled.
Both front discs bent.
Steering damper shaft bent.
Fueltank badly dinged & gouged.
Screen smashed.
Top fairing extensively cracked, broken & rashed.
Ductail gravel rashed & cracked.
Bellypan as above.
Front guard cracked & broken.
L/H/S crash knob & mounting post are toast.
R/H/S " " worn down.
Both handlebars bent.
Throttle housing gravel rashed.
Master cylinder broken.
L/H footpeg & rearset bracket bent.
Muffler dinged X 3.
Muffler hanger bent.
Both grips torn.
Both levers gravel rashed.
Instrument housing broken.
L/H engine cover gravel rashed.
Fairing/clock mount bent.
L/H ram air duct cracked & broken.

I think it's fair to say that ZX9s don't crash well. [V]

Things like this make me seriously question why I would want to race motorcycles, as a basic wage earner I just can't afford the $2000 it will cost to fix this bike.

BANDITROD
16-04-2008, 10:42 PM
do you guys have any sponsors or not

Iceman
17-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Fuck me Darren you don't do things by halfs do ya. Just remember a crash you walk away from is a good crash.

Booster
17-04-2008, 07:26 AM
How often do you plan on crashing ?most times will be slide not tumble .
i believe Steve Martin is still working out of his backyard on non road going bikes, Ronnie Scholes also has just imported a modern frame aligner and would do a top job.

save some dough and run it naked.. or do class regs require it to look original ??

gibbo
17-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Bloody hell Darren, that wasn't very bright was it now [B)] if I can help in any way just give us a shout mate ;)

gibbo
17-04-2008, 08:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

How often do you plan on crashing ?most times will be slide not tumble .
i believe Steve Martin is still working out of his backyard on non road going bikes, Ronnie Scholes also has just imported a modern frame aligner and would do a top job.

save some dough and run it naked.. or do class regs require it to look original ??

Do you mean Ronnie the assessor?

TurboKat
17-04-2008, 09:07 AM
JoJo - I know you didn't want me to crash, I meant you'd be happy to see another Kwaka go to heaven - but rest assured my little Gixie Pixie... IT WILL BE BACK !!!!!! [:p]& NO, I definately don't want a GSXR, I'd rather race a FAST bike & risk crashing it than wobble around mid pack knowing that my bike is TOO SLOW to hurt me ;)

Rod - No sponsorship mate, at club level you really don't have any decent exposure to offer potential sponsors.

Clint - Yeah, I'd hafta agree mate but a broken arm or leg would be easier to handle than a $2000 repair bill right now, plus I'd get to lie around on the couch & watch Oprah & drink beer all day for 6 weeks.

Greg - I actually plan on never crashing again ! I'm going to instigate a Campaign to eradicate ripple strips from all Victorian Racetracks based on the fact that they cost ME money. ;)
The fairing/tank repairs are the least of my worries, I'll do it all myself & it'll only take time & a few bucks for materials. I don't wanna run it naked, I've got a STREETFIGHTER with no clothes on & I'd like to be able to hide from the wind on the Racebike because I don't wanna mess up my hair. [:o)]
I tracked Steve Martin down & spoke to him yesterday, he's living out bush in Bunyip & his jig, etc is in Belgrave. I don't know whether I can trust the guy because he was very evasive on the phone & wouldn't let me take the bike to Belgrave - he wants me to drop it at Madaz in Knox & he'll pick it up from there. He even wants more $$ than they used to charge when BME was in business!! I really didn't get a good vibe from him at all & I've heard a few negative stories about him since I've been making enquiries around the trade about where the Bob Martin gear went. Thanx for the tip about Ronnie Scholes, Oldskool knows Ron well so I'll have a chat to both of them & see what the John Dory is there.

Gibbo - You're right mate, I've told you before, I'm not too clever :( Yes, you can definately help... a blowjob here & there would help take my mind off the damage bill if you wouldn't mind. [:0]

I'll take this opportunity to mention that I walked away from the crash without a scratch, a few bumps & bruises are all I have to show for it & I have the TDF (twin density foam) body armour in my suit to thank for that. I've got a decent lump & bruise on my upper forearm from where I hit the ripple strip, without the elbow/forearm armour, I reckon It would've smashed my elbow up good.
The moral of the story kids, is that leather alone doesn't absorb/deflect impacts so always go for riding gear with inbuilt armour. *

*This message bought to you be TurboKat Safety Services. ;)

devo
17-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Tsk Tsk Tsk Darren just because you race at club level doesn't mean you can't get sponsorship.
Just approach people you will be surprised.
I race at club level and I have 7 sponsors all up and although I don't get thousands of dollars it all helps.
Most decent bike shops will give you bigger discounts on parts and local wreckers are usually good.
I hope you do get the kwaka back out soon, I will see what I can do this end re parts and let you know.
Even if you get it back together without fairings which is a fucking hugh cost in itself atleast your out there learning more with track time and scoring points.
So go and approach people ok see what happens.
And I still haven't got that swingarm in but will soon.
P.S Suzuki or Yamaha is the way to go :D
And Deano feels good ay when you take home the trophies [8D]:D

sharky
17-04-2008, 09:38 AM
quote:At the beginning, when you try the first time the ZX9.... FAAAARRRK
So thats what he meant......
Its God's way of telling you to buy a Yamaha ;)

TurboKat
17-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah Dave, I know what you're saying there, a little bit of help here & there would go a long way, I'll start thinking about who I can squeeze for a few bucks or a bit of product. If I was smart, I would've started organising that sort of thing on the strength of my race performances last year (2 meetings, 2 podiums) Realistically, I'll probly miss the next 2 meetings before the bike is ready so I'll use that time to approach some people about helping out.
Thanks for the offer to help source parts mate, I've put the word out around the traps too but I think Ebay will probly be my best/cheapest source, there's already a frontend & radiator listed at the right price so that'll be a start.
Yes, Suzuki may be the way to go too, I'm slowly putting my Forgotten Era GS together ATM & I can't help thinking about how much better it would've fared in the same crash. It seems stupid to evaluate bikes on their crashability but I'll hafta blow my whole years Racing budget fixing this thing now, so it's an issue for me.

TurboKat
17-04-2008, 09:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Its God's way of telling you to buy a Yamaha ;)

What's that word that rhymes with anchor again ?????

BANDITROD
17-04-2008, 10:43 AM
i have had a bit to do with sponsors and with what i have learned you need to put it on paper before you go anywhere and i have always been told to tell them what you want and what you are doing as aposed to asking what they will give ya .you need to sell yourself to (talk yourself up a bit)cos i know it sounds ghey but if you doit right you will be very surprised at what people will give ya mate so if you and deano put your heads together im sure you could get a team sponsor without trying to hard anyways just food for thought mate

Booster
17-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Them bloody ripple strips.... last time i crossed one of them one cheek at a time i thought i was torn in half...

Deano
17-04-2008, 12:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

i have had a bit to do with sponsors and with what i have learned you need to put it on paper before you go anywhere and i have always been told to tell them what you want and what you are doing as aposed to asking what they will give ya .you need to sell yourself to (talk yourself up a bit)cos i know it sounds ghey but if you doit right you will be very surprised at what people will give ya mate so if you and deano put your heads together im sure you could get a team sponsor without trying to hard anyways just food for thought mate

team sponsor hey

could be onto something there. twice the exposure.

BANDITROD
17-04-2008, 01:30 PM
fuck yeah mate its worth doing you just gotta get tk onto a gix mate

Fatgit
17-04-2008, 01:45 PM
You just watch yourself there assBandit, TK will win in the end

He can even keep up with me :D

BANDITROD
17-04-2008, 01:54 PM
assbandit is it so chalky what is it you ride again

hooligan
17-04-2008, 02:47 PM