PDA

View Full Version : Tonite wasn't the night.

Booah
13-02-2008, 10:27 PM
So.....4 months ago I'm at work and think , hey I should put Nitrous on my bike . A bit of research and I end up getting a NX wet system, multi function hub, and quick shifter.

Have been home for a 6 week break, going into my last week at home and my last Whoop Ass Wed at Kwinana and still havent raced the bike!

So... today the bike goes into get the nitrous map added to the PCIII and the quickshifter set up. had it all figured out with the purchase of a 2nd bottle so that when that one was used for the dyno runs I could still have the second one ready to take to the drags straight after I pick it up. Make my way 40 km to the track and hardly anyone there. This is going to be great! Hook up the first bottle and still heaps of pressure without having to turn on the heater. This is going to be good!

Wasn't going to use the nitrous on the first pass but then thought to myself, DON'T BE AN OLD LADY! so I arm trhe system switch the map double check that the valve is on. The quickshifter works a treat, tested it on the way there. A couple of friends in the crowd cheeering.

I get up to the burnout box, decide to go around the water this time as I just got there and everything is still warm. 5 weeks to get all the system installed fitted, wired tested tuned and ......the clutch cable............. breaks![V]

Managed to put a cable tie around one end and get it working but not enough to trust it for the long haul home too, and at night, not happy, but there will be other times.

Gix11
13-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Man. So close.... Always the thing you least expect as well hey? Bugger.

Iceman
13-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Doh'

BANDITROD
13-02-2008, 11:54 PM
thats gotta suck dude there's always next time though

Benz
15-02-2008, 12:03 PM
That's drag racing for ya! The smallest thing you haven't attended to will take you out of the staging lanes every time!!

15-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Shame to hear. Who does all your work?

Booah
15-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I did all the work myself and then took to Rilusi to get the PCIII work done on the Dyno. I'd rather do that part myself .....But not really an option.