PDA

View Full Version : P I ride day tomorrow

gibbo
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Going back down to the Island for a ride day tomorrow, anyone else going?

TurboKat
03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
You blokes with too much money shit me to tears.

gibbo
03-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe you wanna get a real job mate, male prostitute obviously aint doing it for ya[:X]

BANDITROD
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
was it a good day for ya gibbo no more mishaps i hope

gibbo
04-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Had a great day, no crashing, felt really smooth and fast (fast for me anyway;)) . Thanks to both Booster and Turbo, Booster for lending me a rear shock and Darren for pointing out to me that mine was fucked in the first place. Plenty of rain on the trip down so was pretty worried but cleared up a fucken treat. Somehow I gotta get more money to do this more often, getting a bit crowded out there though, 30 plus each group. There was even a bloke out there on a Suzuki boulevard cruiser thingy, he was having a ball (slow group thank fuck). Couple of bikes got trashed but nothing too bad. All in all a ripper day!!
Sorry no photos, seem to have lost our camera:(

TurboKat
04-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed yourself mate, although I'd be surprised if you said you didn't - a bad day at P.I. is better than a good day at work eh?
I assume the bike's handling a lot better now with a working rear shock so you'd be well under 2 mins now wouldn't you? [:p]

gibbo
04-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks mate, yeah the thing was much better today, shows up a few other problems though such as front brakes and a bit of head shake coming out of a couple of corners. Had nobody there to time today but I estimate a best of around 1min 42secs :D
Actually I wouldn't have a clue but the old Suzy puy a more than a few big dollar late model bikes to shame [8D]

TurboKat
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

Actually I wouldn't have a clue but the old Suzy puy a more than a few big dollar late model bikes to shame [8D]

One of my favourite sayings is, the most important thing for making a bike go fast is the nut that holds the handlebars. :)
Don't worry about the headshake either, we should be able to dial that out with a few adjustments here & there.
The front brake thing doesn't sound too good, but it should be an easy fix whatever it is, What are they doing? (or not doing)
Edit; Ha, I just read your post about wanting braided brakelines, that explains the brake issue then. I think I've got some here that'll fit it.

gibbo
04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Getting a bit soft, think I may need braided lines? Gotta be a start at least.

TurboKat
04-02-2008, 09:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

Getting a bit soft
:DHahahaha, Yeah, I didn't want to mention it but seeing as you bought it up...

latheboy
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Bahahahahaah .... There are tablets to fix that now .. When you gonna pull it apart, ill come and hang on a spanner and drink your beer;):D

HueyonaBlade
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
M8 this is a street fighters forum not look at me wana be racers they hang out on Beach road P.S. havent you got a new fighter project in the development stage ? ( Well it Should be ! )[:0]

gibbo
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Well look who finally got his arse off the couch and managed to form a sentence;)