PDA

View Full Version : Launch Sequence!!

Fish
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
What do you do to get of the line quick?
I roll to line brakes off, build revs to 4000, release clutch to pressure, wait for green and go!!!!

Does anybody do it different? should I be using brakes at all. my best is a 11.3 on the bandit with pipe and filter. I'm chasing 11.2!

ozkat
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
No brakes, just ride it like you stole it. Do what your comfortable with, the current A/SB record holder Pete Everett, rides a big block EFE does something like mid 8s on a stock wheel base bike, i was talking to him a few weeks ago and he launches at about 1000 rpm. It all comes down to practice. Im far from being an expert but the way i do it is....
I take a couple of mins to compose myself (it doesnt matter if someone get more runs than you) i like to sit on the bike in the staging lanes with no one talking to me, and go through the run in my head, eyes closed ignoring everything around me.
Once i get to the water box i do a big burnout, i like doing it but it proberly makes no difference to traction (im talking about streetbikes)
Come up and stage, do not look at anything except the lights!
Bring the revs up to about 6000rpm when both bikes are fully staged.
Last orange light is the time to go, i tend to fan the clutch rather than adjust the throttle.
This way seems to suit my riding style but everyone will give you a different way of doing it.
Hopefully ill catch up with you tomorrow mate, ill be on the red Busa withe the black frame with www.dragbike.com.au stickers on it.

Fish
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey Ozkat I missed you on the day. Just by the way, what do all the different letters mean? I'm guessing MB is modified bike but what is the A or B in front for and what is SB? I ran my quickest time on saturday too. An 11.290 but it was on a red light.

chuffed
04-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah MB is mod bike, A B C and D are engine capacity's A open B 1060-780ish etc..
SB is Streetbike heads up racing (group2) with an index not dial-in like mod bike.(group3)
SB has a lot more rules MB has almost none.

papa smurf
05-02-2008, 08:46 AM
That's right, not many rules in mod bike.
Basically run anything you like as long as it's safe, runs quicker than 11.99 sec. & doesn't use Nitro fuel.
My launch technique is roll to the water box, BIG burnout, (the bigger the crowd the bigger the burnout).[8D]
Then my wife/crewchief makes final adjustments, zipping up jacket, putting down visor, pulling safety pin on air shifter button & telling me to "wring it's fukcing neck".[:0]
Roll into pre-stage, get settled on bike & laying down behind screen.
Bump into full stage, i like to go in last, with both lanes in full stage i crack it to wide open throttle, watch the lights & on the last amber throw the clutch & hang on.:D
The bike then lays back on the wheelie bars & fucks off outa there.[:p][:p]

NOTE; this launch technique is NOT recomended for steet bikes.;)

Fish
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Good to see you back Smurf! I may be having a gs1000 landing in my hot little hands for the right price soon and am thinking of making it a drag bike. thanks for all the info guys.

papa smurf
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

Good to see you back Smurf! I may be having a gs1000 landing in my hot little hands for the right price soon and am thinking of making it a drag bike. thanks for all the info guys.

Let me know if you do, might have some bits that'll be of interest.
That & i know the fuckers inside out so if need anything give me a shout.;)

Fish
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Cheers Smurf you're a legend! Will keep you posted.

Fish
17-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Here she is Smurf. Ugly as a hat full of arseholes but potential plus.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/766147759409041.JPG

Ummmm drag bars???

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/766147759340314.JPG

papa smurf
17-03-2008, 05:26 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGG GHHHH.

Take it away it's hurting my eyes.[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
First thing,get rid of that fucking tupperware.Then call me.;)

Jockney Rebel
17-03-2008, 06:40 PM
kin ell brendan youll need sunglasses and sunscreen to ride that ,,nice tough old girls tho

Fish
18-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Aww come on guys, she's not that bad. that fairing kinda grows on ya after vomiting on it for a while. besides it's really easy to get my head out of the wind with it on. but seriously first thing is to get the ol bastard running and also STOPPING!!!! the old girl's brakes are farqed. and replace the racing slick on the back too. UPDATE: my wife just saw it and decided she needed a shower... maybe you're onto something there with the changing the colour and removing the plastic.