PDA

View Full Version : Island Classic Race meeting, Sun. 27th.

TurboKat
14-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll be going again this year to watch the big aircooled dinosaurs blast around the worlds best racetrack [:p] Rob Phillis & Wayne Gardner will be there plus another 3 or 4 Aussie Champions unconfirmed (I've heard rumours of Wally Campbell, Jeff Sayle, Magoo & even Daryl Beattie - who knows?)
A few of us went last year & I think everyone enjoyed it, who's in for this year?
Could even set up a ride the long way to get there but we'd hafta leave early.

latheboy
15-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Ummm do you mean Sun 27th this month ? I wont be there its jamesy's bucks night on the sat, unless we pull an all nighter hmmm

latheboy
15-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Just read in sharky's thread that your bifday is gonna be that weekend .. you doing anything for it??

gibbo
15-01-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm hoping to get there at least one day.

TurboKat
15-01-2008, 07:08 AM
You're right, it's the 27th, I've changed it now.
I can't think of a better way to spend (the day after) my birthday than going to the Island to watch Motorcycle Racing [:p]

Booster
15-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Yep i'll be there, going up sat to watch then sun the same and mon RIDEDAY [:p]
tough weekend[8D]

BANDITROD
15-01-2008, 09:27 AM
i was talking to magoo at christmas and he said he was telling me about this but sadly i cant make it have for you bday though tk im sure you will anyway

gibbo
15-01-2008, 10:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

tough weekend[8D]

Hey mate, that shock finally turned up, it got sent to the wrong place. I'm planning on coming down to the island for the classic so will bring it with me if that suits you.

Gsxar
15-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Confusion Rally is on up at Licola as well.... so many things to do so little time lol:D:(

Booster
15-01-2008, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

quote:Originally posted by Booster

tough weekend[8D]

Hey mate, that shock finally turned up, it got sent to the wrong place. I'm planning on coming down to the island for the classic so will bring it with me if that suits you.

Wow that took some time,(actually reminds me of some fairings i brought about the same time that haven't arrived yet :( bettet get on to that..)
Yep suits fine , catch up with everyone there ;)

TurboKat
15-01-2008, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

Confusion Rally is on up at Licola as well
The Confusion Rally has lost all its credibility as far as I'm concerned, I heard they let some chick win the burnout comp one year... sacriledge [V]
;)

Booster
16-01-2008, 11:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

Confusion Rally is on up at Licola as well
The Confusion Rally has lost all its credibility as far as I'm concerned, I heard they let some chick win the burnout comp one year... sacriledge [V]
;)

Living up to its name ;)

Gsxar
16-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Never know a chick might win it again this year ;)

streets
29-01-2008, 12:53 PM
McMartin... 1 min 42 sec on a Vincent [8D].
Sitting in the car around the fenceline watching the like of Gardner, wally etc. battle it out was a sight to remember; not to mention a sound to remember. That Vincent sounded bloody angry.

TurboKat
29-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the last race of the day was a pisser, Gardner got Wally by half a bike over the line after Wally had slipstreamed ahead of him out of turn 12. It's a shame the Vincenso blew up in that race & even more of a shame that Robbie wasn't out there with 'em to make it a 4 way battle.
The Forgotten Era class is getting stronger all the time & with a support race at the World Supers, I reckon it'll attract more ex champions like Magoo, Beattie, Curtain, Gobert, Martin & maybe even The Lord himself [^]
Gardner, Wally & McMartin all got into the 1m 42s over the weekend, Phillis' lap record from the previous year went from 1 44.4 to 1 42.3 [:0]
39s on a 29 year old bike next year anyone? [:p]

Deano
29-01-2008, 04:31 PM
and rumor has it that 30k changed hands for gardner's services

latheboy
29-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Where's the pics ya homo's

TurboKat
29-01-2008, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

and rumor has it that 30k changed hands for gardner's services

[:0]
Now I understand why we hadta pay $35 to get in [V]
Imagine what they'd hafta pay for a 5 time World Champion
Ivan, I only took close up pics of McIntosh swingarms, oil coolers, brake setups, etc for research purposes.
Oh... and the ones of Gibbo running around naked... do you REALLY want to see those? [:I]

gibbo
29-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Of course he does, after all he is only human [8D]