PDA

View Full Version : Next Phillip Island Trackday - 4th Jan.

TurboKat
27-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm booked in for the above date & I'll be booking in next payday for the Monday 28th January one as well (It's the Australia Day public holiday - no "I hafta work" type excuses) if you're keen for the 28th, you'd better book soon, the public holiday dates sell out pretty quick.
Who's in [?]

Deano
27-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I will have a talk to my people and see how busy my schedule is

BANDITROD
27-11-2007, 09:27 PM
i might be up for the 28th ill get back to ya

TurboKat
27-11-2007, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

i might be up for the 28th ill get back to ya

There's no "might" in "Trackday" Rod. (I think that's how that saying goes [:o)])

BANDITROD
27-11-2007, 09:44 PM
hahahaha ok then at this stage im keen but i have to work out a few things like what i will be riding im thinking a new gsxr1000 might be on the cards by then if i play my cards right that is:D

gibbo
27-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Just spoke to my people and she said I couldn't go, so I am booked in for the 4th. Fuck, I need to get that shock rebuilt!

Deano
27-11-2007, 10:09 PM
what group did you book in dazz

BANDITROD
27-11-2007, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

Just spoke to my people and she said I couldn't go, so I am booked in for the 4th. Fuck, I need to get that shock rebuilt!
did you get the rest of it fixed yet mate after your mishap

TurboKat
27-11-2007, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

what group did you book in dazz

Fast of course, I ride a KAWASAKI ZX9 remember. [^]

latheboy
28-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Have you fix the frame yet ;)

TurboKat
28-11-2007, 07:09 AM
The frame issue is on the S/F, not the Racebike & no, I haven't fixed it yet. Have you got your single sider in yet?

gibbo
28-11-2007, 07:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

quote:Originally posted by gibbo

did you get the rest of it fixed yet mate after your mishap

JUst have to manhandle the subframe back into somewhere near the correct spot and we'll be away, hope to see you there mate.

BANDITROD
28-11-2007, 07:17 AM
yeah it will be good to get down to a trackday seems how i have never been before and one of my mates has been at me for ages to go so id say ill be there

latheboy
28-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Have you got your single sider in yet?

[V][V][V][V]

Booster
28-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Booking tomorrow for the 28th for 3 ,also booking at the pub for beds on 27 & 28, usually interesting nites on a long weekend ;)

TurboKat
29-11-2007, 07:33 AM
What group are you going in Gregory?

Booster
29-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Haven't asked if there doing 3 or 4 groups, sometimes fast , sometimes intermediate, not difficult to change up if the intermediate group is full of slow guys.
much rather being the slowest in the fast group that know what there doing than fastest in a slow group that change line mid corner or stand you up when they decide they cant take the corner just as your rounding them up...

TurboKat
29-11-2007, 08:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

much rather being the slowest in the fast group that know what there doing than fastest in a slow group that change line mid corner or stand you up when they decide they cant take the corner just as your rounding them up...

Amen Brother, ask Gibbo about that & this is what he'll look like -> :(
They seem to be doing 4 groups all the time nowdays.

Loads
29-11-2007, 11:23 AM
After the last track day on the 20 Nov 07, a couple of us were talking to some of the guys there, and they had been placed in the wrong group. Guys that had nominated for the intermediate and fast groups were placed in the slow group on the day. Might want to check that out. Dosen't effect me, I'm always in the slow group.
Gibbo, How are the repairs going???

gibbo
29-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Not too bad mate, the worst part is replacing the brand new helmet that hit the deck :( oh well at least it did the job.

Loads
10-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Booked my spot for the 4th,
The Poo Green VFR (Sorry Daz) will be zoooming around the island.
Well Not that quick. I'm in the slow group for a reason.

TurboKat
03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Only 1 more sleep [:p]
I'm determined to lower my PB & get below 1m 50sec, if I can do that, I'll look like this -> :D If not -> [V]
I spose I better go drag the bike out, repair the damage that Deano caused & get it ready eh? Then again, it is a ZX9, they're RACE READY straight out of the box. ;)
Forecast is 35, hot & sunny - I wish I had hard compound slicks.
Remind me, who's coming again?

gibbo
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
me me me :D

KATO ZX7
04-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey turbs. Hope all went well and you remembered the sunscreen!

TurboKat
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
:( Only did about 10 laps all day, bike dramas cost 2 sessions (the result of poor preparation on my part), 1 medium speed off out of Siberia cost another session, 1 high speed off at the Hayshed kink cost another (kept it mostly upright both times - Mick was looking after me there ;)) red flagged sessions (shortened for serious crashes) etc, not the best day I've had at the Island. :(

Booster
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
You went off the track at hayshed and kept it mostly upright..... Mick was good to you ... very good....
Better book in for the 28th then and get some laps in.

TurboKat
06-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Bloody scary stuff alright, it was the 2nd lap of the last session, I was going for the lap record & had the rear spin up & step RIGHT out tipping into the fast (180+) righthand Hayshed kink (turn 8 for those who've never been there) it gripped up & spat me up out of the seat & off the pegs as it went into a mini tankslapper, I managed to keep my hands on the bars but when the thing straightened up I was on the inside edge of the track looking straight at the tyre wall in front of the Hayshed, through more good luck than skill, I managed to keep the thing turning slightly right as I went over the ripple strip, across the grass, through the edge of the kitty litter, more grass, jumped the gravel service road, more grass up the hill towards the inside of Lukey Heights (turn 9), launched it at Lukey at 90 deg to the track & cleared the bitumen landing in the kitty litter on the outside of Lukey, got 90% of the way through the trap before laying it on its side at walking pace at which point my sphincter finally popped open & I did a great big steaming poo in my leathers. [:I]
This was how I looked during the whole exercise -> [:0] & when I finally came to rest on my knees beside the bike -> [^] (I was on my knees because I was saying a thousand thankyous to Mick, our heavenly father & saviour of overenthusiastic ZX9 operators ;))
I can only assume that what caused it was the combination of a bit too much downward right wrist movement, a track temp of probly 50 degrees & a gooey rear slick (the tyres were a lot hotter at the end of a session than they got with the warmers on) I probly had a tad too much rear preload/compression damping in as well, the rear was pretty firm (the other explanation of course, is that I just FUCKED IT RIGHT UP [B)])
Anyway, I lived to tell the tale & I'll be back older & wiser for nextime. I'm off to Church now, got a BIG debt to repay. ;)

gibbo
06-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Well I had a pretty good day, managed to keep it right way up all day:D, had a heap of fun but feeling the effects today. The Suzuki went well all day which of course they all do (unlike Turbos kawasucky);) Didn't think I was going to make it at all as the bike was still in pieces thursday afternoon but we got there in the end. Would love to get there again soon but will have to get some spondoolas in first, what about Broadford[?]

Booster, that shock never turned up mate, have you heard anything your end?

I reckon someone should buy a house down threr so we all have somewhere to stay the night before so I don't have to get up at 5am, way too early I think[|)].

Booster
06-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Not enough power Turbo , gotta keep it sliding.....
Hayshed is about the only place on that track now where there isn't quite enough runoff , Good friend broke her back there swinging on a sidecar.

Gibbo , no sign here but it should return home or find you eventually as i had a return address on it
We always book 2 nights at the pub, night before so there's no rush and night after so don't have to drive 4 hrs suffering adrenalin withdrawal

TurboKat
06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Not enough power Turbo , gotta keep it sliding....
HAHAHA... Yeah, right... do I look like Gary McCoy to you?
Fuck, I hope I don't look like him. [V]

Gsxar
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
PIcs?Pics?:D Anyone
Turbs u realllllly might need to think about getting a gix ;)

Tip for you all - DONT get SUNBURNT legs then spend the next few days on a bike :(on a good note got a tan out of it[:0]

TurboKat
07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

PIcs?Pics?:D Anyone
Turbs u realllllly might need to think about getting a gix ;)
I took my camera but was too busy to use it.
I have several GSX's thanks JoJo, they're a top bike. ;)

Loads
08-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Go the Honda, the VFR didn't miss a beat on the day.
Pity it's painted the wrong color.

TurboKat
08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
That's paint?
I thought it was mould [:o)]

Loads
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Probably is,
I have to get it out more often.