PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT!* Sydney M/C Expo

qickdraw
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
The Queenslanders sucked at it - the Mexicans put up a good showing - now it's time for the cockroaches to show everyone else just how many modified bikes you can fit under one roof!

The Sydney episode of the national motorcycle expo will be taking place on 2-4 November and this will be the venue for the final showdown of the Australian Custom Bike Championships. VENOM is currently in the lead with 4 of a possible 6 trophies so far, but it looks like BikeCraft are heading up the Hume and into town in a smash-and-grab attempt at the final load of silverware.

This weekend will see the judges final tally to decide who will win the $1000 prize money for 'Australia's best Sports/Performance Machine'. So far the competition has been dominated by STREETFIGHTERS (because we all know that they are much better than pansy stock faired bikes), so don't let the side down and get your bike out to Homebush along with the Mr Sheen and a rag!

It doesn't matter how good (or bad - FIMP!) your bike is - WE WANT IT! The show 'n' shine area will be directly attached to the AuSFR stand which will be manned by both myself and Uncle "extreme Cre8or' Ben, so you can roll up on Saturday morning, spend the day shooting the shit and then ride home on Saturday evening! If you like you can leave your bike there all weekend safe in the knowledge that the 2 hardest assed mo-fo's in the country will be watching them at all times*.

We want fighters, ratbikes, dragbikes, airbrushed bling-machines, stuntbikes - it doesn't matter if you've got more plastic than Pamela Anderson or are as naked as, err, Pamela Anderson (what?!) WE NEED YOU THERE!!!

If you know of anyone with a suitable bike who may not read this then please pass this info on to them.

Contact Cliff Stovell, 0407 464 084 or email cliff@triumphmotorcycles.com.au or for more information and entry forms. You will receive free entry passes with each entry, so it will actually save you $$ to do it! You won't have to pay ridiculous $$ for parking, either!

*I have it on good advice that the 'Hard-assed Mo-Fo' MX team will be in attendance and their stand is quite close to the show 'n' shine area. You didn't really think I meant us, did you?!?!

Seifer
11-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah mate I'll probably be bringing mine along if u need.

sharky
11-10-2007, 03:32 PM
quote:You didn't really think I meant us, did you
Not for minute...I thought Angel would be there with a friend. :D

qickdraw
11-10-2007, 03:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:You didn't really think I meant us, did you
Not for minute...I thought Angel would be there with a friend. :D

I had to think about that one for a minute - then I got it - 'HARD assed..';) She will be so pleased - I'll make sure she wears the same little schoolgirl miniskirt again[8D].

sharky
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
That alone would make it worth the trip mate ;)

Cruisecontrol
11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I would be embarrassed to have my bike sitting next to the likes of Venom.

My bike can hold its own in an empty parking lot.

Weaselman
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
mines a works horse... see more road miles than cleaning products hehe but hey what the hell the more the merrier

Jockney Rebel
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
ill be there ...................e mail sent

RUSS M8
11-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't think I could park my near stock Bandit next to Venom and the Judge and bikes that are actually cool...

I'll be cruising the halls though, I'll have to come up and say hi :)

Oh, I know Cliff, why do I contact him? Is he orginising the show/shine?

alfiestorm
11-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Would love to get my gixxer I brought with me from the uk on the stand but somehow I dont think Adelaide to Sydney is going to happen just yet :(

qickdraw
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Guys it's not about putting up for display a 'product' that looks as professionally finished as the likes of Bens bikes - it's about showing Joe Average what streetfighters are all about. I'll be VERY disappointed if Mr. FIMP is not in attendence with his TL - in Melbourne (and in Sydney at the AutoSalon show earlier this year) there were plenty of bikes that looked almost stock and they didn't look out of place at all.

Alfie - Fergusons will transport your moped from ADL to SYD for a pittance, and I'm sure you wouldn't be hard up with a place to stay (right guys?!?!).

Weaselman
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Damm right... Ive got a commodore wagon you can sleep in the back of

Gix11
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Fimp's in VIC just now but I'm sure he'll be into it then mate.

....and Dan, yours is well worthy mate.

RUSS M8
13-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Ooh, date is 2nd to the 4th Nov Stu, not 4th to 6th... :)

qickdraw
13-10-2007, 06:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by RUSS M8

Ooh, date is 2nd to the 4th Nov Stu, not 4th to 6th... :)

...my bad....[8D] and now corrected! Cheers Russ[:o)]

Gix11
14-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey. Where's the photos from the Melbourne Show and Shine?? Don't tell me you didn't get any?!

qickdraw
15-10-2007, 11:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Hey. Where's the photos from the Melbourne Show and Shine?? Don't tell me you didn't get any?!

:(Unfortunately I was too busy running the AuSFR and RAPID stands to stop for enough time to take pix of the bikes[V][V]
Perhaps Rod got some????[?]

Weaselman
15-10-2007, 04:02 PM
any chance of a pdf of the entry form being posted up?

BANDITROD
15-10-2007, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

:(Unfortunately I was too busy running the AuSFR and RAPID stands to stop for enough time to take pix of the bikes[V][V]
Perhaps Rod got some????[?]
um shit nah i forgot all about it guys maybe dave (hueyonablade) got some or doctor or catchmeifucan the only pics i got are of the bikes on our stand

BANDITROD
15-10-2007, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

I would be embarrassed to have my bike sitting next to the likes of Venom.

My bike can hold its own in an empty parking lot.
you have nothing to worry bout mate i love the look of your bike and i hope you take it in to the show so everyone can see all the hard work you have done it would be good to see the sports and performance catagory have more entrants than the chopper catagory for a change btw i might even see you all there myself

fimpBIKES
16-10-2007, 10:28 AM
i dunno, its a bit far to travel for a show n shine.... :D

not looking good though, my radiator was PISSING out liquid when i pulled into the driveway at 1am this morning
i think a bit too much enthusiastic braking one the last couple of roundabout finally did her in

but i might be able to putty it up

ps- stu, still wanna chat about some flat gold bars mate....

Cruisecontrol
19-10-2007, 07:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

you have nothing to worry bout mate i love the look of your bike and i hope you take it in to the show so everyone can see all the hard work you have done it would be good to see the sports and performance catagory have more entrants than the chopper catagory for a change btw i might even see you all there myself

Cheers mate.
I have redone the tail....again, and I am finally happy with it. Added to the fact that I have a mate doing a proper paint job on it this weekend, I will be there on the Saturday without doubt.
Hope to see some good numbers.

BANDITROD
19-10-2007, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Cheers mate.
I have redone the tail....again, and I am finally happy with it. Added to the fact that I have a mate doing a proper paint job on it this weekend, I will be there on the Saturday without doubt.
Hope to see some good numbers.
ok mate will see you there

Nudie
22-10-2007, 06:27 PM
OK, I could be up for this. My bikes not pristine 'cause I fell over about 5 weeks ago, but I got it going in time to ride to the GP (I saw some guy working on his clutch Thurs night in the caravan park at Cowes. That you Fimp?) I whacked my head when I dropped her, so you might have to tell me a couple of times what I gotta do to get there!

Russ

fimpBIKES
22-10-2007, 06:47 PM
haha, yep that was me

hope i wasnt showin too much plumbers crack [:O]

been thinking about this expo thingy
im a maybe... i'll make the call tomorrow

Jockney Rebel
22-10-2007, 07:26 PM
here you are a free jelly baby for all who turn up:}

Cruisecontrol
22-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I rang Cliff and he said just show up by 8am on the Saturday at the loading dock and ask for him. He will sort out the rest.

pt
22-10-2007, 10:32 PM
will my bike be welcome? it's shit but i DID buy a can of spray paint for the tank so it might look halfway decent. i think it will fit into the rat<s>shit</s> i mean bike category[B)]

BANDITROD
23-10-2007, 11:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by pt

will my bike be welcome? it's shit but i DID buy a can of spray paint for the tank so it might look halfway decent. i think it will fit into the rat<s>shit</s> i mean bike category[B)]
all bikes are welcome mate just send cliff an email or give him a call

Weaselman
23-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Do we want to organise a meet for the riders going and ride convoy to olympic park?

fimpBIKES
23-10-2007, 04:26 PM
just talked to cliff, so is anyone else leafing the bike there all weekend?

Weaselman
23-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Did they want us too? Ive got no idea on numbers whatsoever for those stating the whole stretch and those going for a day.

hooligan
23-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Mine'll be there the whole weekend, dropping off friday morning, and picking it up sun night or monday morning (depending on when i work).

Weaselman
23-10-2007, 05:24 PM
id like to leave mine there the whole weekend but i dont have a spare and i need it.

If there were riders coming for one day and wanted to display their bikes what do you think would be the best day for everyone to come?

Cruisecontrol
23-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I will be there Saturday but may get lazy and leave it there for Sunday as well.

Weaselman
23-10-2007, 06:13 PM
sooo do we organize for saturday then? Input people!!

pt
23-10-2007, 07:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

id like to leave mine there the whole weekend but i dont have a spare and i need it.

If there were riders coming for one day and wanted to display their bikes what do you think would be the best day for everyone to come?

well from what cruise said it appears that the "show and shine" is on saturday. because he rang the dude and he said saturday. i will email and ring tomorrow and see. but i don't reckon it matters either day weaselman. unless you think you'll win a prize?

Weaselman
23-10-2007, 07:49 PM
prize? baahahaaahaha...

Unless there is a class for biggest hack. Im just interested in catching up with other members for a ride to the show

BANDITROD
23-10-2007, 09:10 PM
the presentation and judging takes place on the saturday so that would be best day to come Weaselman and yes you can take your bike home or leave it there mine will be there all weekend so will see you there once i get my plane tickets sorted i am flying in thursday to meet my bike and help stu and ben set up

qickdraw
24-10-2007, 08:56 AM
^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^

The show n shine judging is on Saturday, but the bike display is set up for the whole weekend and is an extension of my stand. If you want/are able to leave your bike for the whole weekend then you can rest assured that it will remain in safe hands and under observation of people who actually give a fuck for the whole time. However the whole reason I have arranged for you lot to be able to ride in and out on Saturday is for those that need their bike as daily transport, so it's win-win!

Weaselman
24-10-2007, 09:22 AM
coll fanks muchly qickdraw!

Alright whos up for a meet to ride there?

BANDITROD
24-10-2007, 09:38 AM
unless you can clock about 900klms an hour you wont catch me im flying up

fimpBIKES
24-10-2007, 10:10 AM
sounds like a challenge :D

im currently looking into bringing my gay partner down for friday, party all friday night and then hang out on sat then back up to newy on the sat-night
but it may or may-not happen depending on whether i can patch this rad up one last time

qickdraw
24-10-2007, 01:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

im currently looking into bringing my gay partner down for friday, party all friday night and then hang out on sat then back up to newy on the sat-night
but it may or may-not happen depending on whether i can patch this rad up one last time

JUST BUY A NEW FUGGIN RAD, YA TIGHT-ARSED CUNNY!!!!:)

pt
24-10-2007, 03:12 PM
ok so cliff said it's pretty full? and that ya put it in in the morning (7am) and can't take it out till (9pm). i can't hang round till 9pm so i might just pop in and say hi to you guys.

but if anyone can do those hours he said he'd be more than happy to squeeze the bike in:)

fimpBIKES
24-10-2007, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

JUST BUY A NEW FUGGIN RAD, YA TIGHT-ARSED CUNNY!!!!:)

yeah yeah, what im ITCHING to spend some $$$ on is a nice shiny pair of gold flat bars!!!

qickdraw
25-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Call me...... I can answer the phone now 'cos I'm not in FUGGIN' VICTORIA!!!!

fimpBIKES
25-10-2007, 11:18 AM
fuck victoria, dont get me started!
(DO NOT get low on petrol on an expressway in VIC [XX(])

shall call now big boi ;)