PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Philip Island For The MotoGP?

Large
02-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Well? anybody?

I just got my holidays approved today (it'll be good to have a break from work :) ) and I'd like to know;

1 Who's going

2 Who's riding from sydney/newey (queerland?)

Only ten weeks to go folks, and let me tell you ten weeks can go really fast.

I can't give you ten seconds of thinking music, so here's some tasteful smilies tro look at while you decide...

[8D][:I][:o)][8)][|)][?][V][xx(]:(;):([?][?][?][?][?][?][?][^]:([^][8][8][}:)]:D[}:)][:X][:0][B)][:p][:p]
[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]:):)
[xx(]:(;)[:o)][:o)][8)][|)][?][:X][:0][:p][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][?][?][?][?]

:D

Large
02-08-2007, 07:48 PM
nearly forgot.

3 What are your accomodation plans?

catchmeifyoucan
02-08-2007, 07:52 PM
had my tickets since may, got a house in cape patterson with a few friends.. cape is only 20 30 minutes from the island, and its alot fuckin cheaper then san remo or cows or anywhere within 5 ks of the island... should be a fuckin good weekend...

catchmeifyoucan
02-08-2007, 07:53 PM
how you gettin to the gp from kazakhstan??

BANDITROD
02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
i'll be there large but im only traveling from country vic will see you all there me and e few mates have booked a beach house to stay in but i dont think there is any more room large i'll find out

Large
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

i'll be there large but im only traveling from country vic will see you all there me and e few mates have booked a beach house to stay in but i dont think there is any more room large i'll find out

Ta BR, but I'm not trying to impose on anyone:)

I'm prolly coming down with one or two mates, so we'll get our own accomodation either in Cowes or the trackside blitzkrieg, but I was talking to turbokat today and I figured I'd see if anyone has got organised yet.

BANDITROD
02-08-2007, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Ta BR, but I'm not trying to impose on anyone:)

I'm prolly coming down with one or two mates, so we'll get our own accomodation either in Cowes or the trackside blitzkrieg, but I was talking to turbokat today and I figured I'd see if anyone has got organised yet.

ok mate ill see you there anyway

fimpBIKES
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
queerland?

yeppers, im riding down
entered the tiller in the show and shine, basically just wanted secure parking ;)

latheboy
02-08-2007, 09:05 PM
TRACKSIDE !!!!!!!! Didnt need the thinking smilies .. Ill be doin the ride from cranny on sat morning then camp it up ...;):)

cutcat
02-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Ditto.

Gix11
02-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Organised? Me? Are you havin' a laugh? I'm thinking of flying down with a tent (yea yea, no flying tent jokes) and seeing if anyone can meet me at the airport. Guess I'll be doing the ASF tent village. Someone throw me the details (any happy campers that is).

3rd full-on camping session in weird weather this year. I must be mental......

Booster
02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Taking the long way from nth Vic via omeo on thurs/fri then camping trackside , anyone staying in the Bright,Harrietville area thurs nite ?

Jockney Rebel
03-08-2007, 12:26 AM
can u get tickets on the gate ? if so i might ride down from here and camp how long does it take from central coast to phillip island then ?

gibbo
03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I'll be there again, usually camp at highside campground but a mate has just bought a house down the road :) which means we have a powered site for sale, cheap ;)

fimpBIKES
03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
and where does the big barry sheene ride start at?

hooligan
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll probably be flying down this year, but only for sunday with the missus and a mate. Ican't get the time off to ride.
Si, a couple years ago a mate of mine flew down and caught a bus to the island, that's what i'm planning.

Large
03-08-2007, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

can u get tickets on the gate ? if so i might ride down from here and camp how long does it take from central coast to phillip island then ?

its about 1200k so it depends how fast you ride

Large
03-08-2007, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

and where does the big barry sheene ride start at?

Bairnsdale (I think)

PIZZ
03-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi guys jaffa and myself and a few mates are heading down aswell
we are leaving thursday arvo and heading over tawonga gap and up
mt hotham to stay at dinner plain that night.Then in the morn down to omeo and across to bairnsdale and then straight to the island on friday and we will be camping at highside i would say.Hey Booster do you know where you are staying yet? $50 to stay at dinner plain in a lodge with a basic b-fast in the morn well that is what it was when the WSB was on earlier in the year.

PIZZ
03-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Fuck i ment trackside not highside to many bourbons on friday
night for me:)

Deano
03-08-2007, 08:21 PM
trackside for me aswell.

frankenbiker. you can get tix at the gate but i would book the camping as tix sales for this year are up 500% for the same time last year. apparently the camping has been known to sell out in the week before

Gix11
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Really? Shit. What's the plan with you Mexican ladies? Give me an idea and I'll try and make the ASF camp with you.

WATEVR
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
im there but driving from SA.

Si proberly going to the island sat and may have spare seat in car but it is ten weeks away so keep it in mind if you do want it let me know in about nine weeks!!!

TurboKat
04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I'll be there again this year... just you try & keep me away.
Camping Trackside as usual but looking at this stage to get there & set up on Thursdy night with the Largemeister - this may be subject to change without notice.
Si, if you're flying in for sure, the offer of furnishing you with a fine cycle to carry you about still stands, let me know if you're keen & I'll <s>start building you something</s> organise it.

Jockney Rebel
04-08-2007, 01:28 AM
1200 ks ? shit ive only got 1 day left this year might try and wangle summat,, great escape stylee

gibbo
04-08-2007, 10:20 AM
We will be taking at least one but probably 2 cars down so if any body needs stuff taken down I should be able to help out ( within reason )

Deano
04-08-2007, 11:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

I'll be there again this year... just you try & keep me away.
Camping Trackside as usual but looking at this stage to get there & set up on Thursdy night with the Largemeister - this may be subject to change without notice.
Si, if you're flying in for sure, the offer of furnishing you with a fine cycle to carry you about still stands, let me know if you're keen & I'll <s>start building you something</s> organise it.

i hope you don't have to build a bike to another deadline darren.

we all remember what happend earlier this year don't we;)

TurboKat
04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah... I remember.... [V] Thanks MATE

Large
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Just thought I'd mention to anyone still thinking about going...

This will be my third MotoGP for the year. :D

gibbo
04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Nobody likes a smartarse[}:)]

Gix11
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok Daz, if you're for real I'll take you up. If a GN250 turns up I'll jump in with Gibbo! So I'd have to be down there on the Thursday for that offer then? Great - An extra night camping. I fuckin' hate camping..... Don't go into the shower with Large though, he takes people out.

TurboKat
05-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Yep, no worries mate, -scratches the Scooter idea- the Thurs. arrival thing is only if Richy Rich decides to ride down on his GSXR Katana, if he's driving or riding anything else he can get fucked & camp on his own on Thurs night & we'll just lob Frydy morn as per normal 'Island protocol.
I definately won't be going into the shower with Large though* [:I][V] & I really can't imagine why you did. [xx(]

*Unless he buys me a REAL nice dinner, LOTS of expensive drinks, talks dirty to me & agrees to cuddle me afterwards.

kevkatana
05-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey strangers:D Just a quick note to say see ya there on Friday[:p] Should be riding in with Ice.[:0] Bugger though,got Rally campground tickets.:(
(Snuck on-line for 5 mins while no one is watching.[:p] Should be back on-line in week or so.:D)

damige
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
thw missus and i will be there on friday for the the day then home

Large
06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Definite outer now

[V]

traviss
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
So how many of you in trackside and how many of you in rally ...And buy the way Large 3rd gp one supers and an IOM TT and mugged in london and no the fuckers got nothing but my moto gp cap from 2001 ...one of the reasons I have been a little on the quiet side since returning ...We are in Rally camp this year unless there is a last hour reprive form Gp managment And will have to commute to the lucky ones that did get in trackside ....
I have to ask large did anyone turn up at Jaks bar in douglas I missed the lot of you, it may have had something to do with duty free and a german sf's hotel room full of bob marleys ralatives when I got there the place was packed and so was the foot path ...I must say the German SF's are a interesting bunch of very large guys the use of fork leg covers to beef up the front was an interesting look.Did you get to meet them while you where there ?

Gix11
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Yea Traviss, we all met up there after a 24hour through the night drinking session, so you wouldn't have got much sense out of us. There was a whole bunch that did make it to Jaks, and even some random guys from Sydney who I had never met before.

As for the GP, as I just mentioned, I am also out. Not happy about it either.