PDA

View Full Version : ASF MAD RIDE STREETFIGHTER DISPLAY.. Who's in ?

Rocket
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Billywhizz and I have been talking about what we could do for the MAD ride show and shine and as you know, we'd like to put together an ASF display.
But it will depend on what sort of commitment we get from members here as there’s no use doing a display if only three bikes turn up.

What we'd really like to do is show all levels of fighters. Modded sportsbikes like Abels CBR and Hagarrs Gixer, modified nakeds like Watto, Kookaburra and Munter’s bikes. We'd also like to get some current builds in there such as Hagarr the Harris and any other unfinished bikes on display.
Mainly to show that fighters really are built and not bought.
I reckon it would be great to have the owner builder answering questions about his own in-progress build rather than just looking at the finished machines.

I am going to Brissy at the end of the month and will talk to Si about using the ASF banner if we get enough people saying they will be there.
But I won’t bother if not many are interested.

Abel, you mentioned a tent ? What sort of tent is it ?
Mel’s got one as well so that would be great if we can use one or both of them for guys hanging around to watch over the gear/bikes/Si’s banner.
Last year, we spent most of the day in the sun, it’s okay if you’re part aboriginal like Mel, but it played havoc with my geisha-like white complexion.

We still have to suss out where we are going to be put, currently it’s on the concrete so securing the tent is an issue (same for the banner) but Mel has a little tenure in that area so if we get enough commitment to justify our own little spot, we may be able to set ourselves up somewhere decent. But no promises there.

The main thing I want to convey is that we don’t just want to set up a display of bikes hoping to win trophy’s, but of streetfighters of different styles and types and levels of expenditure and modification so people can see how easy it could be if they wanted to have a go.

Any idea’s ?

How about everyone who’s definitely going to make it put their hand up now.
Of course, Mel and I will be there.

At worst, we’ll just try and keep us ASF guys together in one area.
At best, if we can get enough guys coming through, we might be able to get our own little spot where we can stand apart from the crowd.
Because that’s what we do.

Funkenfresh
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
im definetley there, so thats 3 of us....
the tento thingo i got is a gazebo type with a back on it that goes half way down.... perfect for us to sit in... ill get
dimentions for ya when the sun is out....
just with us displaying our bikes, can we do the ride from Shenton park to Scabs then park the bikes up in the ASF area????
id be good to get an esky and bbq too for the day....

Munter
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm in Thailand that week unfortunately, getting breast implants, so no can do.

kookaburra
01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
well i fly out the day before mad to spend a bit over a month doing the east coast (P I , bathurst , indies) and as you guys know i binned the sv but it is well on the way to a rebuild . i am willing for you to use it as a display BUT Mel and Phil the responsability is yours as for my baby . let me know if your interested and i will make it happen .

Hagarr
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM
As i have replied today to Abel on another thread saying that everyone may not be interested or had a lack of interest in ASF WA (in my case particularly) I can assure you I would love to be sitting at your couch, shed, bar function piss up after being for a ride with you guys but unfortunately my company takes so much time of my day (Life!)that when I get home my poor little brain is generally fried and i normally wander down to the shed and tinker on some part that requires machining welding etc to take away the thoughts of the day. Now i don't know about you guy's (you all seem to have been around bikes for a lifetime like me) but the next best thing, and i have to say this or Helga will belt me, is motorbikes i wouldn't dare say they are the first. My first bike (and almost my last) was a Z1B of which i knew at the age of 13 i would ride and own one (if you're interested i'll tell you the story one day).
So that hopefully explains a little bit about what i'm about.
Now i am well and truly interested in getting this Streetfighters mob well and truly off the ground, i've basically ridden a fighter since 1980 (Not that i think it requires much)with ride days functions and showing off to the public particularly in the interests of showing that we aren't mass murderers but i'll be honest i don't feel as if what i do is ever suitable to show in public (except for the occassional moon when i'm pissed)I once got pantsed? on the pool table at the Rivervale after the AFL Grand Final one year and as i was chucking a moon on the pool table (Because i hadn't sunk a ball obviously) in walk's Helga with the kid's to pick me up Well Done!!
Anyway i digress as usual.
I'm basically Oldskool it seems i've always had kids and as such i've very rarely been able to go and buy "Pretty Bits" so i've had to manufacture or modify parts from other model's which were generally better than what i had.
You probably think i'm a raving fucken loonie by now but i'll try and keep going.
I have HIAB trucks numerous utes and possibly even personnel if you require any help with the setting up or organising of events and would be glad to assist in any way i can.To if "Hagar" the horrible is suitable for showing at an event well i'd prefer to leave that to somebody else to make that decision as i don't feel worthy particularly in the company of the bikes you see here on ASF and what you guy's ride.
I'll leave that for you guy's to decide.
Look forward to your thoughts.

Funkenfresh
02-08-2007, 01:03 AM
hagarr your bike sounds well worthy of a public appearance!!!... and it sounds interesting!

Rocket
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Munter, can I be the first to test them out when you get back ?
Can't wait for the next beer tour, you can be our topless waitress.

I'll get together with Mel and see what we come up with.
Kooka, sorry to hear you won't be there, I have trouble taking responsibility for my OWN bike let alone yours ! So we'll probably leave it out.

Abel we have a ride coming up soon, we can make a plan then about tents and stuff.

Hagarr, the pics I've seen of your bike so far show that it's something special so i think it would be great to show it off there.
It would be good to show these sheep something they haven't seen before.
And who wouldn't want to get close to this ????

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/54982936136745.jpg

Watto
02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
sounds like a good day to drag my arse out for a looksee - I'm in unless it's a medical emergency (like removing other halfs foot from my head for whatever reason):D

Hagarr
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm fairly close to fitting engine and all bodywork gauges etc simply bolt on although injection manifold not quite there yet but just a thought would it be an idea to maybe show it as it is with components alongside rather than fitted. Like a sectioned view so to speak. Not sure????

BillyWhizz888
02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Munter

I'm in Thailand that week unfortunately, getting breast implants, so no can do.

Oh... any port in a storm! [}:)]

who wouldn't want to get close to this ????

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/54982936136745.jpg

[/quote]

Fuggin Mintox or what!

Rocket
02-08-2007, 02:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

I'm fairly close to fitting engine and all bodywork gauges etc simply bolt on although injection manifold not quite there yet but just a thought would it be an idea to maybe show it as it is with components alongside rather than fitted. Like a sectioned view so to speak. Not sure????

That sounds good, we would just want to make sure someone is there to keep an eye on your bits
But we would want people there all the time to keep an eye on bikes, gear etc anyway and to hopefully answer questions and hand out ASF cards.

Watto
02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
is "would i like a root" the kind of questions you had in mind - in relation to answers i can confirm yes that is a motorcycle or one in parts at least - just tryin to keep it simple :D

Hagarr
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a wanker but i'm sure you guys are the same when you build something you go weeelll I could have done that a bit better or that didn't turn out quite as well as i expected and since i've owned this thing since '84 (Yes 1984) you tend to know intimately every little thing that you could have done better or you weren't happy with.

Watto
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
mate the whole thing comes down to there are those that admit to being wankers and those that lie about it

you've just decided to venture out of your shell a little:D[:p]

seriously mate looks shit hot in the photos n impresses the shit out of me but... I have heard that doesn;t take much

Rocket
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Hagarr I know exactly what you mean, there are a pile of things on my bike I am not happy with.
At the end of the day, no one else sees it unless I point it out.
Mate if you want to put your bike up, i don't want to pressure you into it.
It would be cool though, and the pics you posted look pretty nice that's for sure, the best part is that there's a lot of home built things on it, which make it even more special and more worth looking at. Any fuckwit can buy a shiny thing and bolt it on.

Hagarr
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Well that means we need a piss up to figure out what we need to do and how we are going to do it theres not much time to go. I'm always open to suggestions when it comes to drinking piss (and organising of course)

Funkenfresh
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
just not this weekend as my bikes in the zorst shops on Saturday through to Monday..

Munter
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Hagarr that truly is a wicked looking bit of kit you have there!
I'll flash you me tits for a go when she's finished [:p]
And yes, although I can't make the ride I'm still up for any piss ups to discuss the ride I can't attend :D

Hagarr
02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Geez this reminds me of the wood shed at school I'll show you mine if you ......blah... Blah....Blah

BillyWhizz888
03-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Looks like
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6777

Then bac to the Chatau for a bar-b n beer and lots of planning chatter......

Funkenfresh
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
im in

Rocket
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
In

Morry is in also

Funkenfresh
04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
anyone else??? nick7r, fightstreeter, dan, who-nin, jayzee, ???!!!! <<theres more yeh?

Rocket
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
My Bump, my bump, my lovely lady lumps.

We need some interest ladies, would be tops if people coupld come on the 19th run.
Any bike in any condition, as long as it's a fighter or a fighter in the making, it's worthy.

Hagarr
07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Phil for fuck's sake get your mind off Munter's Tit's.

Hagarr
07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
By the way where are we going and where are we meeting??

Funkenfresh
13-08-2007, 12:02 AM
ok well IF this tent is a no go.. we should just enter show and shine?!?!?! (not realy shine for me)
but if that does happen my only concern is will i still be riding in the accuall MAD ride?!!?

Nick7r
13-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry guys would love to come and really help out, but i will be up north.

I come back the 23rd then fly straight to brissy. If i get back early i'll call abel find out where u guys are.

Hope to cya guys soon.

N ick

Funkenfresh
13-08-2007, 08:10 PM
hay mel do you receive the MAD ride registration forms??? ill be posting it tomoz so wednesday will be at you

BillyWhizz888
14-08-2007, 08:43 AM
No, they go through to HQ but I get a notification
I have already added you to the list mate ;)

Funkenfresh
14-08-2007, 09:56 AM
wickedness!!!

Funkenfresh
27-08-2007, 11:23 PM
hay billy so you gonna get the fighters lined up together..?!?!? whats the number entering the fighter section?

BillyWhizz888
28-08-2007, 11:44 AM
3 officially, but more have promised to get there
I reckon 7 in total maybe more if a special one gets finished ;)
have a couple of surprises coming along

Nick7r
28-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Guys I'd love to chip in but i wont be around :(

Good luck with everything. Hope to see you all soon.

Nick

BillyWhizz888
04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
WE HAVE THE ASF BANNER TO HANG BEHIND THE BIKES

Please make the effort to have your bike there on the day, it does not matter if you dont think its gonna win, its about promoting the ASF and giving joe public something to cream over

if you are able to print out calling cards do so, and we can do a hit on the bikes at the festival....

Watto
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
what time do we have to surface at the show on the Sunday Mel?

I can either drink piss at your place the night before and can head up from there (with my head intact or part thereof:D) or I can meet you there/somewhere enroute

Might have to catch up for a beer sometime before hand in the next couple of weeks to discuss

Watto

Rocket
04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah Watto, I agree, lets catch up soon.

britfighter
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
when and where i will be up for it work willing but for the mo count me in
what time and where we meeting and also where is the display gonna be got a few mates who woulld like to come look

BillyWhizz888
05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Check out this section "2007 MAD ride September 23rd"

or visit
http://www.madride.org/

are you on PSB??
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1162609293

I am running the show n shine this year, plenty entries coming in, but I would like to see a good turn out of WA streetfighters, more on show, more interest, more people to abuse during our little gatherings..... :D

Funkenfresh
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
and more heads to be painted pink!!

Nick7r
07-09-2007, 11:13 PM
If i'm back i should be riding with some of the stuntors. theres a couple of good fighters i've asked thgem if they want to get together with you guys and bump up the number of foighters

BillyWhizz888
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
bump

I think we are going to have a good crowd...

Yeah we will post pics for you highlanders over east :D

WHO-NIN
14-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I'll come down n say gday but i'm bikeless at the mo...
although i may have another set of wheels sorted in time for the mad run, but no fighter.......

britfighter
14-09-2007, 09:16 AM
hey billywhizz when and where we meeting for a pre mad run chat etc work roster all sorted will be their for deffo

BillyWhizz888
14-09-2007, 11:14 AM
with one week to go it isnt looking to good for a catch up

I am on shagfest duty tonight, well picking raffle ticket books up 266k's away.. and I am sure the good lady will require some form of payment, and who am I to dissapoint her [:p]

Sunday is a MAD promo, lots of hoons all dressed up selling raffle tickets and more promo work.. might be to tired for that! :D

Meetings a prep work through teh week

Friday onwards set up Shents and Scarbs so for me I am out but come on down, join in the ride, and if you wanna slot your fighter in with the rest of us just ride up to the show n shine and ask for me, thats if I dont just grab ya bike and put it in anyway ;)

[u]Current Stands</u>
1 Northam MC Show
2 PBF
3 4 Bull Motor Bodies
5 Skydive Express
6 PSB Girls
7 Protec Hearing
8 9 Fastgirl Racing
10 Trackdayz
11 12 Scootamoto
13 14 Frasers motocycles
15 16 Vitech Refinishing
17 Riding for Wishes
18 PARTY Programme
19 Motorcycle Masters / crashed bike display
20 MRA
21 SJA Education
22 CoS Road Safety
23 RAC CSM
24 Motorcycle Pitstop
25 Rilusi
26 Mirstar Leathers
27 Roge Bikes
28 Tomtom
29 Helmet House
30 Merchandise / Raffle Tickets
31 TSLSC - First Aid
32 Balloons Twisted Balloons
33 MI Moto Italiano
34 PSB PSB

[u]Rides etc</u>
Bucking Bull
Flymotion
Laser Tag

[u]Display</u>
BPOT MCRC
Trials Riders

Rocket
14-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah Brit, at worst, just turn up and fill out your paperwork on the day. We will be able to get your bike in there for sure.

I also have a grabrail for you from Jarrod (Jakam04) that I picked up in QLD the other week.

Watto
14-09-2007, 12:46 PM
fuck Rocket you should be a travel agent mate you seem to be everywhere except home :D

Caught up with mel last night so I if I don't see ya before hand will catch up at the MAD

britfighter
14-09-2007, 02:05 PM
cheers rocket forgot all about it was supposed to hook up with him when i was over their with gunners but was too knackered etc so who doing the ride from shenton to scarbs so i can at least have a riding buddy i am north in madeley if anyone wanna meet up to ride to shenton

Rocket
14-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll be going straight to scarbs to help Billywhizz set up the show.
The ride can be a bit slow sometimes and I'm not keen on letting my bike get too warm.
An overheating turbo bike makes Rocket a sad Panda [V]

jakam04
14-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mr Rocket for delivering that item for me. Also tis cool Mr Brit... didnt forget about it, knew there would be a way at some stage...

Catch you soon.

Jarrod

Funkenfresh
18-09-2007, 07:49 AM
only a few more days now.... looks like the weather is gonna be good too!!!

BillyWhizz888
18-09-2007, 10:59 AM
weather is great
Saturday Early showers then fine. Min 13 Max 20
Sunday Fine day. Showers overnight. Min 10 Max 23

PLENTY TO SEE AND DO AT THE FESTIVAL

GOOD NUMBERS SO FAR IN THE SHOW N SHINE WITH SOME REAL CLASSY BIKES BEING ENTERED, FEW SURPRISES ALSO

GOOD TURN OUT EXPECTED FROM ASF PERTH CREW

YEAH YEAH PHOTOS TO FOLLOW ;)

BillyWhizz888
18-09-2007, 07:30 PM
FUGGIN GET THIS

FOXTEL HAVE JUMPED IN WITH 4 BIG SCREENS TO SHOW THE MOTOGP LIVE AT SCARBS, THAT MEANS THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF SEEING CASEY STONER BECOME THE WORLD CHAMPION AND PICK UP THAT FUGGIN AWESOME RAFFLE PRIZE..........

IMAGINE THE ATMOSPHERE DOWN ON THE BEACH IN THE SUNSHINE IF HE DOES IT ;)

BillyWhizz888
18-09-2007, 07:42 PM
LAST ONE (FOR TODAY)

IF YOU HAVE ANY ASF BUSINESS CARDS BRING THEM ALONG AND CHECK OUT AND DEPOSIT ON POSSIBLE RECRUITS BIKES AT SCARBS [8D]